Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: T-Tapp ? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 04 2008 at 8:40pm | IP Logged Quote Matilda

This post on posture encouraged me to really look into T-Tapp and it is intriguing but a little confusing. What would you recommend to get someone started? What have you used that wasn't that helpful? TIA!

Waltzing Matilda
Back to Top View Matilda's Profile Search for other posts by Matilda

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 06 2008 at 11:34am | IP Logged Quote Matilda

Bumping just to see if any T-tapp users missed this.

Waltzing Matilda

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 06 2008 at 12:17pm | IP Logged Quote Betsy

Thanks for bumping, I saw this on Sunday but couldn't reply!

I have used only the 15min work out from T-Tapp. I went this route trying to be very realistic about what I would actually do. I will say that if you do the work out well...you will get a great workout in just 15 mins.

My husband has always done this with me, too. We both have seen improvements in posture and core strength, without any pain from jumping.

Probably the only thing that I don't like from the program is that the website reads like an infomercial and it's hard to navigate all of the information. However, if you find it, they do have a lot of the exercise availabe for you to try. If you don't think you can possible get a good workout from it try the hoe-downs!!!!

Charlotte, do you have any other specific questions?
Betsy

Back to Top View Betsy's Profile Search for other posts by Betsy

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 06 2008 at 6:13pm | IP Logged Quote Matilda

Betsy wrote:
Probably the only thing that I don't like from the program is that the website reads like an infomercial and it's hard to navigate all of the information.

This was my biggest frustration. I couldn't figure out where to find just the basics to get started. Thanks for your help!

Waltzing Matilda

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 06 2008 at 9:02pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Hi Charlotte! I've been doing T-Tapp for 2 months now and I'm still loving it (and hating it...you know...exercise is a love/hate thing with me.) My quick reply to you is...

To get off to a good start, I did read her book first and in retrospect, I better understood what she was striving for...form, form, form (much like my experience with martial arts.) My dd and I did the instructional dvd for the 15 minute workout a few times then we moved on to the "Basic Plus" for a total of 14 days in a row (we did the "Total Workout" twice and now do it once a week.) We hadn't planned on 14 days (since this was more than what was recommended for our goals) but it honestly took 14 days to "get it." We also chart (she has a chart in the book) our progess which is very encouraging and keeps us objective and accountable. I think the book and Basic Plus gives the most bang for your buck.

Now here's my long answer that I shared with my family 5 weeks into it (hope you aren't sorry you asked!)

My first reaction to the webpage was caution. After reading several of the success stories, especially the one about the homeschooling mother of 12, I decided to purchase the book through Amazon since I already had a book order ready to be placed. After reading the book, I was curious and more sold on Theresa Tapp's philosophy. I decided that it would take forever for me to figure out how to do the program through the book alone, so I purchased this package and started a 4 day bootcamp with Devin. This turned into a 14 day bootcamp because I enjoyed it so much and saw results quickly. I've been doing the program for *5 weeks, now I'm down to 15 minutes on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday and 55 minutes on Sunday. I've toned, firmed, and lost inches (2 inches in my waist for example.)

More importantly for me than inch and weight loss, are the other benefits I've received. My posture is improving, my digestion is better, my blood sugar is more level, I have more energy, my mood is more stable, and I have even delayed getting my new prescription eye glasses because my eyesight has improved! Plus I feel good about doing "something" and confident that this is doable for the long haul - no jumping, no hurting, no bad music:). Oh, and I get to do this with Devin, who is awesome at it and encourages me. And, yes, Devin looks even more fit and fabulous. Aiden and Dave are giving it a try now too because even they can see our results:).

Update: In six weeks I have lost six pounds. No, I didn't really care if I lost any weight at all. I've even been eating more food (better food) over these weeks.

I few more things I like about this program. You don't need equipment, you can do it in a 4'X4' space, and every week there has been something encouraging - either a weight loss, or an inch loss, or strength gained...love it!

Charlotte, Betsy and I are bonding over T-Tapp . I honestly thank her for bringing this program to my attention here. Are you going to join in? Any other 4Real T-Tappers (sounds like a lounge act .)

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Natalia
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 06 2008 at 10:04pm | IP Logged Quote Natalia

Angie,
After your posture post, I got the book from the library. I am glad to see a person I "know" talk about the program. The book seems to good to be true. I always tend to be skeptical when things sound so good.

I have started it yet but I am hoping to do it soon. I am having a lot of back and shoulder pain lately and want to try anything that will help me.

We will see ...

Back to Top View Natalia's Profile Search for other posts by Natalia

Jen L.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 06 2008 at 10:28pm | IP Logged Quote Jen L.

I am intrigued.

I found these samples on youtube...
http://youtube.com/user/TTapperCentral

Back to Top View Jen L.'s Profile Search for other posts by Jen L.

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 06 2008 at 10:33pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Just try a few of the "hoe-downs" (sample on the website) to see how good a workout it can be! That's hard work!

I haven't bought it yet but have started doing some of the exercises on the website.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 07 2008 at 5:50pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Natalia wrote:
Angie,
After your posture post, I got the book from the library. I am glad to see a person I "know" talk about the program. The book seems to good to be true. I always tend to be skeptical when things sound so good.

Natalie, I'm with you! Not only am I skeptical but I'm always looking for an excuse to *not* exercise. Really! I have never been good at *doing exercise* for the sake of exercise. I love when physical labor is integrated into my day and/or I'm training for excellence, like when I studied martial arts. Well, my truth now is, I can't go to my martial arts classes and I'm doing way more sitting now than when my children were younger (well, except when I was blessed to hold a sweet new baby who needed to nurse and nurse and nurse!)

My best guess is that it works because it straightens out the lymphatic system so that your body functions better. Somewhere she likens the lymphatic system to a kinked water hose. Once the kinks are worked out, everything flows. No amount of running, or weight lifting, or athletics is going to do that if the kinks are still present.    

Jen and Molly, it is intriguing and hard work! The "hoe-downs" are 1 of 2 stand alone exercises, the other is Primary Back Stretch. You can do the hoe-downs anytime you feel fatigued or after you have eaten poorly (too many carbs maybe?.) Theresa recommends doing the Primary Back Stretch when you get out of bed and before you go to bed at night. For her routine, though, she does recommend that the exercises be used in a specific order...hmmm...has something to do with tiring out stronger muscles to access weaker muscles.

A thought...have you ever gone for long walk or done an exercise video and thought, "This just isn't very efficient." For example, the more I walk, the more I need to walk for cardio health and strength gain. Well, this program is efficient. She lines you up in an odd position that engages muscles that I didn't know I had . And one of the very best parts is that if you do this to *your* max, you'll see improvement. I'm getting much better at my form (still have a ways to go) but I'm amazed at the result I got up front considering how poorly I was doing it .

Needless to say, I don't feel called to show excellence in athletics (although I respect those who do, like my dh and dss.) I'm just a wife and mom who wants to take care of the body God gave me in order to better fulfill my vocation. Doing this helps me to know that I'm "doing something" amd to feel physically disciplined without it turning into too much...which always results in me dropping out and feeling like a failure. No more! I CAN do 15 minutes, 3 times a week, plus 55 minutes once a week (which isn't necessary but I like it - yep - I like it!) and my back stretches in the morning and evening. That's doable for me.

No, this is not a paid advertisement .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 07 2008 at 6:37pm | IP Logged Quote folklaur

wow, thanks! i have seen the moms on the sonlight forum talk about t-tapp all the time, but i was so uncertain. i looked at the website - and as you said - felt skeptical. but this sounds great! thank you!
Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 07 2008 at 6:41pm | IP Logged Quote Betsy

I second, third, fourth...everything that Angie said.

In addition to what has been said, some of the things that attracted me to this program is that it can be continued during pregnancy and it really strengths all those things that get stretched out or weakened after multiple pregnancies. In fact, she talks about how one lady did hoe-downs after she ate during her pregnancy with gestational diabetes and she didn't have to go on insulin.

It really excites me to have this thread going. I stumbled upon this after I had prayed a huge novena to find help in losing weigh AND healing my SPD. This was the answer. I was very skeptical. However, I ordered the book to check it out before I invested any money into it. The book does give a good overview of her theories and important points and the stories are very motivating..but I didn't know what to expect. I was blown away when I tried it. Truly, after doing it a while I didn't have a "lost 200 lbs" kind of story, but I did feel great. I felt stronger and stood up straighter..and my SPD slowly went away.

Unfortunately after my most recent pregnancy SPD came back FULL force and I was unable to do it while I was pregnant. But now that my baby is 3mo I am trying to get back in the saddle again (thanks Angie for the extra motivation).

Also, as a side note, I have often heard about people that feel very energized after exercise. Since I stopped getting my exercise from athletics I have NEVER felt energized after working out...only exhausted. When my DH and I first started doing T-Tapp we would wait until the kids went to bed to do it. This was often after nine at night. We were SOOOO AWAKE after doing it we would be up till midnight (which is so not us). We were forced into doing it in the morning...and when we did it it really catapulted me into my day (much better and coffee, which is what I am doing right now)!!!! I have often thought that this would be the perfect thing to do in the late afternoon when I am dragging to get me through the rest of the day.

So, how's that for an unpaid advertisement!!!! I really have liked this program and it's about as close to a one-size-fits-all work out program as you can get.

Betsy
Back to Top View Betsy's Profile Search for other posts by Betsy

folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 07 2008 at 6:58pm | IP Logged Quote folklaur

okay - so now a question!

I had knee surgery years ago - and still have a bad knee that will sometimes go out on me.

I also messed up my ankle *really* bad on a dig, and it has never been the same since. Sometime I will be walking and will just fall due to the ankle giving completely out.

Do you think the "Rehab/MORE program" is a better choice, or would the Basic Workout Plus be okay?
Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 07 2008 at 8:31pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

cactus mouse wrote:

Do you think the "Rehab/MORE program" is a better choice, or would the Basic Workout Plus be okay?

I don't know but there are forums at the T-Tapp website (I haven't used them yet) where you can ask questions. I do know that one of the reasons our family is doing Basic Workout Plus is because my dh's knee surgery hasn't been as successful as we had hoped. I read about several people doing this for knee rehab reasons. Dave just adapts as he goes along. Maybe if you read some of the personal stories you'll find one that matches your situation?

Love,

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Oct 17 2008 at 4:19pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Angie Mc wrote:
Any other 4Real T-Tappers

We started looking into the program several weeks ago and finally decided that it sounded very common sense and was backed with some good science and methodology. No hokey music. No ridiculous weight loss goals. Just real fitness and an explanation for the why of all the moves.

We love it! My husband and I have just started it and already are experiencing amazing results. Rob has terrible scoliosis as well as a back injury from his days in the Army. He has a lot of pain from that injury. I have...well... ...a postpartum body. Just a lot of flab.    I just want to be in shape and fit again. We feel so good after the workouts. Already, I have an awareness of my posture. I enjoy the simplicity of the program.

Just wanted to jump in and sing its praises and thank you all for the wonderful endorsements. I've been lurking!    But, I'm coming out of the closet!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 17 2008 at 4:24pm | IP Logged Quote Matilda

Jennifer,
Can I ask what you started with? That is part of my problem. A friend of mine said she just started with the online stuff but I can't seem to make heads or tails of what to do first. Then I look at the packages and get even more confused. Would you mind sharing what exactly you used to get started and how? Anyone else too please!

Waltzing Matilda

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 17 2008 at 5:00pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Charlotte,
I printed off some of the "Try before you buy" exercises and have been doing the Hoe-Downs, just from watching the video a couple of times. That might be a good way to start.

I am waiting for payday to buy at least one of the packages.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Oct 17 2008 at 9:15pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Matilda wrote:
Jennifer,
Can I ask what you started with? That is part of my problem. A friend of mine said she just started with the online stuff but I can't seem to make heads or tails of what to do first. Then I look at the packages and get even more confused. Would you mind sharing what exactly you used to get started and how? Anyone else too please!

Charlotte, Like Molly I started in the try before you buy section. I started there and previewed her story in a number of places.

Then I ordered the same Total Workout Package that Angie purchased. I was already sold at that point, but my husband was quite a bit more skeptical! So, we sat down and watched the "Yes, you can" seminar on DVD that came with the package. Rob really did not want to approve, but by the end of the DVD there was no way to refute what she was saying. Rob's an engineer, so what sold him was the solid science background she has coupled with her experience. He was most interested in relieving his back pain and the help for diabetes (since it is quite prevalent in my family.)

Then, we got up and tried it when she had the audience in the seminar exercise. It was nothing terribly long, but it was tangible to us the difference we felt after that.

We took measurements of ourselves and wrote them down and agreed that our eating patterns though already fairly healthy could be polished a bit and improved in areas - nothing off the map though. We'll still enjoy eating normally - there will be no dieting here, nor does T-Tapp require any sort of "dieting" - just common sense eating.

You start by deciding how many sizes you'd like to drop and that determines the number of days you "boot camp". (A boot camp is just one 15 minute workout a day - nothing too demanding.) So, if you'd like to drop one size - boot camp/full workout would last for 4 days. From there you workout every other day for 2-3 weeks. And so on...until you're just maintaining your fitness level. We're still in boot camp.

If Rob didn't have the major back problems that he has, I probably would have only gotten the Basic Plus 15 minute workout DVD, but he was really hoping to rehabilitate some long atrophied muscle and restore some core balance and strength gone since Army days - so I wanted that extra DVD which does go into that. It also works left-right brain connections - something I was hoping would be good for my son.

HTH, Charlotte.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 05 2008 at 4:13pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Do any of you have the CRT skin tightening system? I am wondering if I should buy the total kit that includes that or just get the exercise stuff. I don't really care too much about cellulite but I was wondering about the skin tightening and nutritional stuff that comes in that kit.

Remembering Today

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Nov 07 2008 at 6:28am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

I didn't Molly. The nutritional stuff really just advocates common sense eating - low sugar intake, whole foods (whole grains, fruits,veggies), limit refined carbs, and hydration - mostly stuff you probably already know.

HTH

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 07 2008 at 11:59am | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Okay, one more question as I am readying my shopping cart!

Is the longer workout fun? Do you want to do it? The 15 minute thing appeals to me, because that is usually all the time I have. If I have more time, I want to do something fun that keeps me pumped up like step aerobics or something. So, I am wondering if I should just get the basic workout and supplement it with other workouts.

Remembering Today

Page of 10 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version