Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: T-Tapp ? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 12 2008 at 12:37pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Molly - did you buy yet?

I bought the longer workout, but we haven't started it yet. Maybe if Angie has time she can chime in and tell us what she thinks. It does look impressive and I was really interested in the strength building and balance exercises and so was my dh (he has a really bad back due to an Army injury).

I can't wait to hear what you think!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 12 2008 at 1:20pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

teachingmyown wrote:
Okay, one more question as I am readying my shopping cart!

Is the longer workout fun? Do you want to do it? The 15 minute thing appeals to me, because that is usually all the time I have. If I have more time, I want to do something fun that keeps me pumped up like step aerobics or something. So, I am wondering if I should just get the basic workout and supplement it with other workouts.

Sorry I missed this earlier, Molly, I was out of town and my new computer and I aren't always getting along . To be honest, no, I don't think the longer workout is fun , but I'm a tough one about combining *fun* and *formal exercise.* Having said that, I like it very much and find it very purposeful, efficient, and effective. I'm getting better at it - the balancing moves are something else to keep me humbel - which encourages me.

Mackfam wrote:
Molly - did you buy yet?

I bought the longer workout, but we haven't started it yet. Maybe if Angie has time she can chime in and tell us what she thinks. It does look impressive and I was really interested in the strength building and balance exercises and so was my dh (he has a really bad back due to an Army injury).

I can't wait to hear what you think!

Jennifer, I'm looking forward to what you all think, too! I'm glad you bumped this because I've been meaning to add a few more postivie notes from my TTapp adventure.

Our family had a bad cold a few weeks ago. I decided to really hit it head on with rest, fluids, etc. Plus, I added the 1 hour TTapp a day. I was experimenting to see if this would help my body to "move" the cold, congestion, fluids, through my system more efficiently. Because there are many confounding variables, I can't know for sure if it helped but...after only 3 days I was pretty much back to being myself! I still had lingering symptoms that lasted for 7 days, but I didn't go the full 10 days that I would normally expect. Plus, I just didn't suffer as much. I will try it again when I get ill and see what happens!

Here's a funny thing. I've dropped a shoe size! No kidding, I'm back to my pre-babies shoe size of 7 1/2. Now, I don't really care about my shoe size, lol, but...my feet don't hurt like they used to! That, I like.

Oh, I didn't TTapp for a week somewhere along the way and I could feel it. But I didn't lose my gains in the way that I did when I would, say, stop doing push-ups or run for a week. I was able to jump back on again easily too. This thing is so forgiving.

Gotta run...oh, no I don't have the cellulite thing so can't speak to that and I agree with Jennifer that the eating thing is pretty common sense, but I think I got a pamphlet on it in my package anyway and she goes over it in her book thoroughly.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 12 2008 at 3:13pm | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

I just finished doing the first 4 days of the instructional basic plus workout.
I got my mom and my grandmother doing it too. Because of this thread I looked for the book in our SUPER library system and Voila! I am reading away and converting my mom...All my girls were 'tapping' with me the other day. It was certainly a sight to see
I am hoping to convert my dh too!

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

RamFam
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 12 2008 at 5:34pm | IP Logged Quote RamFam

Somehow I purchased only the 15 min workout. Is it worth it to go back and purchase the 45 min one? Did anyone use only the 15 min and get results?

Back to Top View RamFam's Profile Search for other posts by RamFam Visit RamFam's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Nov 12 2008 at 5:50pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

RamFam wrote:
Somehow I purchased only the 15 min workout. Is it worth it to go back and purchase the 45 min one? Did anyone use only the 15 min and get results?

Oh, yes! You may be completely satisfied with the 15 minute workout and you will see plenty of results with it alone!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

RamFam
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 12 2008 at 7:27pm | IP Logged Quote RamFam

Mackfam wrote:
RamFam wrote:

Oh, yes! You may be completely satisfied with the 15 minute workout and you will see plenty of results with it alone!

Oh, good! I'm on day 3 of a 14 day boot camp. We'll see how it goes.

Back to Top View RamFam's Profile Search for other posts by RamFam Visit RamFam's Homepage

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 12 2008 at 7:40pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Hi Ladies! I placed my order Monday morning and anxiously awaiting its arrival! I got the Basic Plus and the Step away workout. I find it hard to fit a longer workout in my day. It is just too easy to make excuses not to do it. Even when I try I usually get interrupted. If I do get an hour, I love doing step aerobics, so I figured I would just go for the faster workout. The kids like walking workouts with me, so the step away one should be fun for all of us.

I also bought the Rehab one for my mom. She is overweight and had knee surgery last year. She and my dad are going to Rome in the Spring so I want to help her to get into better shape so she can enjoy her trip.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 24 2008 at 12:22pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Hello T-Tappers! I'm planning to use T-Tapp more often as a way of dealing with holiday feasting. Anyone else?

I'm planning to do the 15 min. workout everyday this week and maybe squeeze in an extra 50 min. workout. Well...I may skip Thanksgiving day...

What are your plans?

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Nov 24 2008 at 12:53pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Angie Mc wrote:
Hello T-Tappers! I'm planning to use T-Tapp more often as a way of dealing with holiday feasting. Anyone else?

I'm planning to do the 15 min. workout everyday this week and maybe squeeze in an extra 50 min. workout. Well...I may skip Thanksgiving day...

What are your plans?

Us too!!! The children and I have been really enjoying the workout. We have the week off this week and plan on T-Tapping every day but Thursday - a little preventive maintenance on my part, but it's exercise/activity management for the kids!

I confess I haven't yet made it up to the longer workout yet. I'm just going to stick with the positives of the 15 minute workout for a little longer, I think. Advent is such a busy time - perhaps a little too full to consider a new, longer exercise regimen. If I'm not feeling overwhelmed and stretched too thin with my time I'd like to begin my longer workouts in the next couple of weeks, but recognizing my own limits I've given myself permission to wait until after Christmas if need be. Isn't that kind of me?

Oh well....still lovin' T Tapp here! Anybody else? I'm curious to hear what you think, Molly!

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 24 2008 at 3:04pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Well,
I did my four day boot camp last week. For some reason, I didn't expect it to be as challenging as it is!

I took the weekend off. Mainly, because I ran out of time each day. But I intend to do it at least four times a week doing the 15 minutes plus Hoe-downs.

My testimonial so far: when dh was rubbing my back Thursday evening, day three of bootcamp, my major "hot spot" of pain was much better!

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Bella
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 26 2008 at 11:12pm | IP Logged Quote Bella

Okay, Molly! I get it! You weren't referring to a supplement,when you answered my question about the "No flour,no sugar diet!"

Ya'll are singing such praises, I am going to look into this! My biggest concern, is my fibromyalgia.

In the olden days , I was a trained Lymphatic Drainage Therapist(some title,huh? ), and those abdominal lymph nodes ,are super critical to good health. That caught my eye, so along with all the praise,I'm a checking this out!

Thanks,Ladies!

Back to Top View Bella's Profile Search for other posts by Bella

Jamberry77
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 19 2008 at 10:41am | IP Logged Quote Jamberry77

Hi Ladies,
I wanted to chime in here. Thanks, Angie, and all the rest of you, for sharing your experiences. I bought only the MORE version of the 15 min. workout due to various pains I've had (neck, back, hip, knee, feet, scoliosis, weak back muscles, etc.) I tried "Pain Free" (book by Egoscue) exercises all summer and these helped some but a different body part would hurt every day.

My goal was to strengthen my body without further injuring it.

I've been doing the MORE workout, off and on, for a month now, and realize a few things: one, it really took me two weeks to learn how to really tuck the bottom, knee out, lift ribs, etc., during the moves. Two, as long as one keeps proper form, don't worry about how far/how high you can go. It's better to get stronger while keeping proper form than to copy her exactly. Three, I can do it! The other exercise things I've tried, I can't do them, or they cause me pain (injury pain, not sore muscle pain.) Also, I studied the T-Tapp Tips webpage(link below) since I had some hip pain the first week or ten days. I think now I was doing the exercises wrong.

For the first time in 2-3 years, I noticed this past weekend after kneeling at Mass that my back felt fine (normally it has a feeling of discomfort - not exactly painful, but not good). So it must be the T-Tapp since I've made no other changes physically.

Also I've noticed that while wearing my shoes with orthotics, they sometimes hurt my feet. So I'm trying normal shoes now, without orthotics, and so far, so good (orthotics were for bunions, which I think were caused by my poor body alignment for years and years).

We also got the T-Tapp CORE video for the boys. I am making them do one new exercise only at a time, because it really takes a little while to learn to keep bottom tucked, knees bent, forward, to the toe, etc.

I really am pleased so far and wanted to share.

T-Tapp Tips

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Jan 04 2009 at 11:53pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

I'm here to thank you all for the T-Tapp testimonials! I really appreciated the details you posted, Angie. I was inspired to ask for the T-Tapp Basic Workout Plus for Christmas from dh, and I completed day 3 of my bootcamp today. Honestly, I really like it and think it is the perfect exercise program for me . . . only 15 minutes long, low impact, no special equipment, no need to go out in the cold in winter, and the focus on helping posture. Will you all say a prayer that I can stick with this? I really need to. Thanks.

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 12:05pm | IP Logged Quote KackyK

Irene I'm going to be joining you soon too! I just got notice by Basic Plus is being shipped. I'm looking forward to starting! Thanks to all you ladies for such good references! And Irene...I'll pray for you, you pray for me

Mom to 8 - 3 dd, 5ds & 4 babes in heaven

Beginning With the Assumption
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 1:51pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

I'll share prayers, Irene and Kacky! I could use them too. I'm trying to get back into a routine after all of the holiday activity...

Praying for all of us.

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 2:13pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

I'll pray for you, Kacky and Jennifer, too! Day 4 went great. It IS getting easier to get this body moving correctly to do the exercises!

kathleenmom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 9:41pm | IP Logged Quote kathleenmom

Angie,

I'm coming to this discussion late, but timely as I've been seeing more and more references to T-Tapp and desperately need to do something for my health and fitness. The link to the package you bought is dead, Angie. Could you relinky, pretty please?

Kathleen

AMDG Academy
Back to Top View kathleenmom's Profile Search for other posts by kathleenmom Visit kathleenmom's Homepage

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 05 2009 at 10:15pm | IP Logged Quote KackyK

I went oldfashioned when I purchased and got the videos (rather than dvds) for $25! Maybe that same special is going on Kathleen!!!

T-Tapp

Mom to 8 - 3 dd, 5ds & 4 babes in heaven

Beginning With the Assumption
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Jan 07 2009 at 6:25pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Kelly, thanks for the tips! I'm going to bookmark them and read ASAP.

Irene and Kacky, I'm psyched for you! I'm praying and am very optimistic that you will continue. I'm hitting my 6 mos. mark and can't believe I'm still doing it:).

Jennifer, I didn't do as much TTapp over the busy days of Advent/Christmas but...what was I thinking?...trying to do MORE when I already had a full plate? I did manage to do 15 mins. 3-4 times a week. More than good enough. Now, I want to get my hour back in on weekends. Praying for you and all who are getting back to it!

Welcome aboard, Kathleen! Yep, it looks like TTapp has a new look and the package I purchased isn't exactly available. The main thing is that I have the 15 minute Basic Workout Plus and the 55 minute Total Body Workout (there were other things sent with it but this is the meat of the matter.)

Kacky, I did see that they are practically giving away the videos. This could be a great opportunity for those who want to check it out to do so.

Here's my update: I'm maintaining! I don't have any post-holiday blues or extra pounds to feel badly about. I'm amazed that I'm still interested and still finding ways to improve my form. AND...it is getting easier - not easy - but easier.

I can't wait to hear how you all are doing:).

Love,

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Jan 21 2009 at 11:20pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Angie Mc wrote:
I can't wait to hear how you all are doing:).

It's been three weeks now, and I can report that I am very happy with the T-Tapp program. I felt such a sense of accomplishment last week when I finished the 14th day of my bootcamp. This last week I switched to the suggested every other day schedule. I have not missed a day yet, and truly, this is the most committed I've been to something like this in years and years. I can feel my body getting stronger as I do the exercises.

I think for me that the key to success will be the short time that it takes. Even on busy mornings, I can tell myself, "It's only 15 minutes . . . I can do this again today." It's really helping me to do it first thing in the morning. I keep a small portable dvd player in my bedroom and play the dvd on there, so I can exercise before my morning shower and before I go downstairs and get distracted by anything or anyone.

Thanks to those of you who are praying for me in this because I know that this is pure grace!

<< Prev Page of 10 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version