Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Liturgical Calendar Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 30 2007 at 10:57pm | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

I *know* there's a post out there that has a link to a gorgeous Liturgical Wheel Calendar. I'm just at a loss as to where to find it (believe me, I've searched and searched). Can someone ~ whoever it was ~ post the link to that calendar? I've finally given up trying to be Supermom and make one with the kids.

ElizLeone
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 30 2007 at 11:05pm | IP Logged Quote ElizLeone

I thought the calendar was available from Our Father's House, but I can't seem to find it on their website now.

Munchkins on the Path
Our Adoption
Back to Top View ElizLeone's Profile Search for other posts by ElizLeone Visit ElizLeone's Homepage

alicegunther
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 30 2007 at 11:10pm | IP Logged Quote alicegunther

Yes, I was just checking Our Father's House now and couldn't find it either! That is definitely the source I remember.

Elizabeth, I *love* your signature line, btw! You patent lawyers' wives are proud of your hubbies--and rightfully so, of course!   

Cottage Blessings
Brew yourself a cup of tea, and come for a visit!
Back to Top View alicegunther's Profile Search for other posts by alicegunther Visit alicegunther's Homepage

alicegunther
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 30 2007 at 11:11pm | IP Logged Quote alicegunther

Tina, I do not think I've congratulated you on the precious baby due in August, by the way!

How wonderful!

Cottage Blessings
Brew yourself a cup of tea, and come for a visit!
Back to Top View alicegunther's Profile Search for other posts by alicegunther Visit alicegunther's Homepage

ElizLeone
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 30 2007 at 11:28pm | IP Logged Quote ElizLeone

Quote:
Elizabeth, I *love* your signature line, btw! You patent lawyers' wives are proud of your hubbies--and rightfully so, of course!   

Well, of course, I'm actually proud of him because he's a great Catholic husband and dad. But I just have to giggle to think that there are two Catholic homeschooling patent-lawyering dads within a hundred or so miles of each other. That's one small subset of people! It just makes me chuckle. I told Margaret I'd change my signature soon, so as not to steal her original thunder.

I'm getting off-topic here, but I recently read about your Cottage Catastrophe. I am so sorry. You have such a beautiful outlook on the whole thing though. Very inspiring.

Munchkins on the Path
Our Adoption
Back to Top View ElizLeone's Profile Search for other posts by ElizLeone Visit ElizLeone's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 12:18am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Tina,
Is this the calendar you were looking for? I have mentioned this particular one from LTP a couple times in other threads. Our Father's House has carried one off and on. They were carrying one last year after several years of not having it in stock. So they must not have one for the current year. The one from Our Father's House is one that you color yourself.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 12:18am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Here are some threads in recent times with a few different ones, Liturgical Training Publication's one mostly discussed.     Our Father's House linked on it here, somewhere.   and   one that Michele has? I think..

The Liturgical Training Publication's one is lovely this year too, it is in the Celtic style artwork with pastel colours and featuring the symbols of the 4 Evangelists.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 6:06am | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Tina - we made ours using Moira's 6-9 manual has a template. There are also instructions for making one in CHC's A Year with God. The very nicest one I have seen is on Katherine's blog - A Living Education - I am trying to find the link and not succeeding.

I made ours on a big piece of foam board and the kids stuck on holy cards, helped with the coloring of seasons etc. We keep it by our prayer table and it is so useful - my 2 year old went up to our priest on Gaudete Sunday and asked why he was not wearing pink!!

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

kjohnson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 7:39am | IP Logged Quote kjohnson

Here you go, my dear.

Back to Top View kjohnson's Profile Search for other posts by kjohnson

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 7:43am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

So you just want one to buy? That would be MaryM's post from Liturgy Training Publications, although I'm partial to the laminated version just because of sticky fingers.

Katherine at A Living Education, and here's a bit of tweaking

Heather at Doodle Acres.

Annie, thanks for the reminder of Michele's post of the software program to make your own wheel!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 7:46am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

kjohnson wrote:
Here you go, my dear.

Sorry about that duplication! I was in the midst of writing when you posted!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

kjohnson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 7:48am | IP Logged Quote kjohnson

JennGM wrote:
Sorry about that duplication! I was in the midst of writing when you posted!

No problem. Thanks for the help, Jenn. You linked it better since there are 2 posts.

Back to Top View kjohnson's Profile Search for other posts by kjohnson

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 7:56am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Also, if you read the old threads, Our Father's House is no longer offering a Liturgical Calendar Wheel.

Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 11:45am | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

JennGM wrote:
So you just want one to buy? That would be MaryM's post from Liturgy Training Publications, although I'm partial to the laminated version just because of sticky fingers.

Yes! Thank you. Yay, Mary M! And I agree with the sticky finger (and bending/folding issues) comment. Now, is this calendar good for all years? Or for just A, B, or C years? And you're all scaring me with the different dates. Help again, please?

Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 11:56am | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

Just received this e-mail, which explains why Our Father's House doesn't carry the Liturgical Calendar anymore.

Dear Tina,

I used to have the Liturgical Calendar, but I don’t have them any more. My oldest daughter is the one who made them, and she has not been at all well this past year or so. Please pray for her.

Julia M. Fogassy

Can I also post this in We Pray to the Lord?

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 1:11pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Tina P. wrote:
[QUOTE=JennGM] So you just want one to buy? That would be MaryM's post from Liturgy Training Publications, although I'm partial to the laminated version just because of sticky fingers.

Yes! Thank you. Yay, Mary M! And I agree with the sticky finger (and bending/folding issues) comment. Now, is this calendar good for all years? Or for just A, B, or C years? And you're all scaring me with the different dates. Help again, please?

BTW, Tina, congrats on the new one coming. Not sure if posted that or not.

Now...don't be scared...baby steps. The Liturgical Year does change *every year*, not just the Lectionary cycle. There are some fixed dates, some movable feasts, and depending on what dates Sundays are those feasts will also change. The beginning of Advent is always different, Easter changes, as does the beginning of Lent.

There can be confusion with different dates because people can follow different calendars. Those who go to the Novus Ordo (Vatican II) Mass follow the calendar I've mentioned here. It was reformed in 1969. The older traditional calendar is what people follow if they attend the Tridentine Rite Mass. And then there are Eastern Catholics that have other calendars, too.

Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 1:54pm | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

JennGM wrote:
BTW, Tina, congrats on the new one coming. Not sure if posted that or not.

Thanks. Please pray for a healthy baby.

JennGM wrote:
The Liturgical Year does change *every year*, not just the Lectionary cycle. There are some fixed dates, some movable feasts, and depending on what dates Sundays are those feasts will also change. The beginning of Advent is always different, Easter changes, as does the beginning of Lent.

Oh, yeah ... I knew that , or at least I *should* have . I guess my question is does the calendar just illustrate the seasons or does it include dates? Do we have to buy a new one each year?    

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 2:40pm | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

Tina, I made the calendar that is in the CHC book. There are no dates on ours so that I don't have to make a new one every year. I went with 1st Sunday, 2nd Sunday, etc and Names of other days.

I hope I answered your question!

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 3:06pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Tina P. wrote:
I guess my question is does the calendar just illustrate the seasons or does it include dates? Do we have to buy a new one each year?    

It's dated, you would need a new one next year. I love this year's - it's really pretty. I mounted it on foam board and it hangs in our dining room where everyone can see it.

FYI if you want it laminated buy it that way from LTP because it's too big to fit in the laminators of most local places (ask me how i know!).

But really I don't find it a problem that it's not laminated. It's hung where everyone can see it but the littlest hands can't reach it.

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

PDyer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 3:17pm | IP Logged Quote PDyer

I bought LTL's this year too, and it has generated a lot of interst in the liturgical year in our house. LOVE the colors and design!

Back to Top View PDyer's Profile Search for other posts by PDyer Visit PDyer's Homepage

Page of 2 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version