Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Please Join Engagement Game! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
knowloveserve
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 10 2014 at 6:36pm | IP Logged Quote knowloveserve

April 12th is my 32nd birthday.

I have asked for the gift of getting rid of STUFF. So far three pieces of furniture have been given away and three large garbage bags of toys/clothes. I've got momentum and am on a roll...

My other requested gift is for shelves. The gift of organization. Living in a small, falling apart 107 year old house with six kids is completely doable if one has the right methods and tools of organization. Right now, we don't. I vacillate between sadness and gripping anxiety to see all my books, crafting supplies, towels and bed linens having no practical home. We are drowning! Dh is a carpenter so he has the ability to build shelves, but precious little time or energy with his demanding job.   

Doing my best to not get overwhelmed by it all and tackling one tiny space at a time... with my precious little time, energy and breaks from my two month old baby.   

Yesterday, I cleared the top of the piano.
Today, I organized two book baskets.

Tiny, tiny progress, at a snail's pace...

But God still loves His snails...

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: April 12 2014 at 6:16pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Happy Birthday, Ellie!

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Booksnbabes
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 21 2014 at 9:45am | IP Logged Quote Booksnbabes

Wishing everyone a very blessed Easter season! He is risen!!!

It's beginning to look a lot like spring around here. The hyacinth and daffodils are in bloom, we had an April shower last night, and we have baby kittens in the barn!      

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: April 22 2014 at 7:39pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Hi friends, I'm in Pullman, Washington with my daughter, Devin, and her husband Michael as we wait for their baby to arrive! I got here last Wednesday and am thrilled to share that we're having a wonderful time together. I wasn't at home for Easter, but Dave and the boys are holding down the fort :) And thank goodness for our friends who are helping.

Sooooo could you please pray for all involved?   Thanks so much and I'll keep you posted here

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

joann10
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 22 2014 at 8:37pm | IP Logged Quote joann10

How exciting, Angie! Many prayers heading towards Washington. May God Bless Devin, Michael and baby....

We are in the midst of tech week for Shrek the Musical...long rehearsals and a lot of running around. Show nights are Friday and Saturday.

We also have 4 kids playing on 4 different baseball/softball teams...what were we thinking

I'm managing as well as I am able, but this week hubby is down with the flu (I have never seen him so sick) so its all on me, so I am breathing and taking one small step at a time....
Back to Top View joann10's Profile Search for other posts by joann10

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 22 2014 at 9:36pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Sending prayers, Angie! I'm so happy you can be with Devin and Michael right now.

Praying for you, Joann, and for your husband's recovery.

We are enjoying some much-needed family time and trying to figure out future plans without having enough information to actually make decisions.

Translation: Please pray for us as we wait for the Navy to decide what happens next in our lives. We do have a special intention related to this process and would appreciate prayers for that intention.

Mimip
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2014 at 7:10am | IP Logged Quote Mimip

I'm back!!!!

Wow, lent seemed longer this year for some reason and I'm so glad to have the Easter Season here!

We took a cross country trip to visit friends and had my Household Reunion up at Steubenville. What a wonderful trip and it solidified my daughter's plans to study there in the future. A blessing to see the place again and show our family all the places that my hubby and Iheld so dear.

Started our 3rd Trimester and now we are in the home stretch of school. It is always so hard to finish up as well as we started.

Anyways, glad to be back and hoping you are all well.
Blessings!!!!!

Back to Top View Mimip's Profile Search for other posts by Mimip

Booksnbabes
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2014 at 1:34pm | IP Logged Quote Booksnbabes

Prayers for you and your intentions, Angie, Joann, and Nancy!

Rain today!    

We put up our hummingbird feeder in anticipation of the upcoming arrival of these lovely little birds. I hope we are able to attract some.

A mother cardinal has chosen the bushes outside our house as a nesting site!!!!! Three little eggs are in the nest, and we can observe it from a window of our home!!!!! (Can you tell we are excited to watch the growth and development of the baby cardinals?)   

The countdown to FHC for our third child is low enough to be counted on one hand.    We are all looking forward to Sunday--FHC, canonizations, and Divine Mercy Sunday!!! What a day!!!       

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: April 25 2014 at 12:25am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

You all are the best! Thank you for praying us through this. Devin labored well all day and now, we're hoping she sleeps well tonight and gets back to laboring in the morning.

Oh. My. Goodness.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Jenn Sal
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 25 2014 at 11:23am | IP Logged Quote Jenn Sal

Angie Mc wrote:
You all are the best! Thank you for praying us through this. Devin labored well all day and now, we're hoping she sleeps well tonight and gets back to laboring in the morning.

Oh. My. Goodness.

Love,

Devin is at the Midwives in labor.    Angie and Michael are there. Please pray all goes beautifully.

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: April 30 2014 at 9:49pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Thanks so much for your prayers, much needed and appreciated! I wrote a brief blog post about my grandson, Henry, here.

Yes, I'm in a little bit of heaven on earth

Love,

Booksnbabes
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 01 2014 at 12:47am | IP Logged Quote Booksnbabes

He is beautiful!!! So happy for all of you. Life--such an amazing miracle!   

Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 01 2014 at 2:08pm | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

Angie, he's beautiful and your post is so very touching! Congratulations to your entire family! Enjoy the blessedness of that precious new life and love !

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 01 2014 at 3:33pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Yes, loved your post, Angie. You are very blessed.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 03 2014 at 1:16am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Thanks soooooo much, friends! Henry is growing beautifully and Devin is beautiful! I return home on Tuesday so I'm just soaking in all the baby love and eager to return for his baptism June 1 :)

My next post is about how to help a new mother. What did you find most helpful as a new mom? How have you helped new moms? Thanks!

Love,

Kelly
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 24 2014 at 5:24pm | IP Logged Quote Kelly

Is this Engagement game still er...engaged???? Just wondering?

I was reading thru the Mysterious Benedict Society thread when I saw ur cyber-gauntlet, Angie, challenging all to Engage! I also saw my own post about the MBS book remarking that my 14 yo dd loved the book. The 14 yo is now 21!!!!! (OK so I was on vacation for a little while... Anyway, dd still likes the book, read all the sequels...)

Deep thoughts for the day haha

Kelly in FL
Back to Top View Kelly's Profile Search for other posts by Kelly

Booksnbabes
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 26 2014 at 8:17am | IP Logged Quote Booksnbabes

We reclaimed an area of the yard this weekend, and it is now a raised bed! Just a small one this year, two 4x8 sections. It will be for veggies (and marigolds) this year, and next year it will likely be flowers/herbs since we hope to expand to a much larger area next spring. We received an inch and a half of rain, so it is a bit too muddy to plant today, but tomorrow...tomorrow we play in the dirt!   

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 28 2014 at 3:52pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Kelly wrote:
Is this Engagement game still er...engaged???? Just wondering?

I was reading thru the Mysterious Benedict Society thread when I saw ur cyber-gauntlet, Angie, challenging all to Engage! I also saw my own post about the MBS book remarking that my 14 yo dd loved the book. The 14 yo is now 21!!!!! (OK so I was on vacation for a little while... Anyway, dd still likes the book, read all the sequels...)

Deep thoughts for the day haha

Kelly in FL

KELLY!!!!! Wow, so glad to see you!!! And while I dropped the Engagement game ball, there is absolutely no reason to not pick it up and toss it in the air RIGHT NOW!!!

Gosh, it's good to see you

I'm MIA because I came back from Pullman WA on a mission! I'm reenergized and happy to take on family life with MORE love MORE clarity and looking to the future MORE grandbaby Henry :) So, we're heading back to Pullman this weekend because Sunday is his baptism...BAPTISM!

Prayers for all

Love,

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 28 2014 at 3:52pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Booksnbabes wrote:
We reclaimed an area of the yard this weekend, and it is now a raised bed!   

I'm jealous. Pretty much insanely jealous

Love,

Kelly
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 28 2014 at 11:17pm | IP Logged Quote Kelly

We are driving to Washington State this summer... I may have to pick your brains about Washington, Angie!

PS I simply cannot believe you are a grandmama now! Congrats! My older sister swears grandmotherhood is even more fun than motherhood. Very happy for you!
Back to Top View Kelly's Profile Search for other posts by Kelly

<< Prev Page of 12 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version