Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Unit Study on the Mass Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 09 2007 at 6:59am | IP Logged Quote Dawn

marihalojen wrote:
Dawn, regarding smaller, more managable notebooks have you seen the half-sized one inch binders that are 7x9 inches? Marianna actually really likes this size, I just cut sheets of normal paper in half generally, though I have found half size construction paper in the Grocery store of all places!

Jennifer, I love these binders too! I was wondering if these might work here.

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 13 2007 at 11:35pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Has anyone ever seen protector sheets for the smaller size binders, the 5 x 9 I think?

I just thought the missals would last longer if the sheets are laminated or put in page protectors, but the only page protectors I've seen are the 8.5 x 11.....

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 15 2007 at 7:00am | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Mary G wrote:
Has anyone ever seen protector sheets for the smaller size binders, the 5 x 9 I think?

Yes, Mary, I had some years ago. I bought them at a scrapbooking supply store.

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

mommylori
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Jan 15 2007 at 8:55am | IP Logged Quote mommylori

I have a quick question is the childrens Missal mentioned here NO or latin?lol I got very confused and I Couldn't tell on amazon.lol
Also if it is NO is there one that is Latin? We are switching churches to a trindine and I am wanting to teach them all about it.

Warning if my spelling is off I just woke up.lol
Back to Top View mommylori's Profile Search for other posts by mommylori

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 15 2007 at 10:23am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

mommylori wrote:
I have a quick question is the childrens Missal mentioned here NO or latin?lol I got very confused and I Couldn't tell on amazon.lol
Also if it is NO is there one that is Latin? We are switching churches to a trindine and I am wanting to teach them all about it.

Warning if my spelling is off I just woke up.lol

The Patmos Group missal, the one mentioned by Elizabeth, is the Tridentine -- which is why I need a N.O. as that's the only kind of Mass my kids see (for now, anyway!).

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 15 2007 at 8:18pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Dawn wrote:
Mary G wrote:

Yes, Mary, I had some years ago. I bought them at a scrapbooking supply store.

Here's a source -- Joann's has 'em -- 5.5 x 8.5 is the sheet size....

mommylori
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Jan 15 2007 at 9:55pm | IP Logged Quote mommylori

Neat thankyou! We are switching to the latin and I was wanting a missal for the boys.
Lori
Back to Top View mommylori's Profile Search for other posts by mommylori

Alison
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 27 2007 at 10:53pm | IP Logged Quote Alison

We are adding to our on-going Mass studies and we are stuck for answers to the following questions: in the Novus Ordo Mass what are the requirements for articles that must be on the altar? Does the altar have to be made of stone? Do all altars contain relics of saints?

Well that's just a few questions to get started. I have been trying to find a good internet site for all this but had no success to date. Also diagrams/pictures of the altar for the Novus Ordo mass?

A very big thanks in advance !!

alison
Back to Top View Alison's Profile Search for other posts by Alison Visit Alison's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 27 2007 at 11:01pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

I don't know a site, altho I'm sure there's one out there but I do know that not all altars are of stone (altho they must be made of some permanent material) and no, all altars don't contain relics of saints ...

Hoping JennGM will chime in here .....

Alison
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 04 2007 at 1:57am | IP Logged Quote Alison

As well as asking my friends on this wonderful forum I also e-mailed ds at St Fidelis Friary and he sent the following response;

"cc1236: 1. According to church custom, the table of a fixed altar is to be of stone, in fact a single natural stone; nevertheless, even another material, worthy and solid, in the judgment of the conference of bishops, also can be used. The supports of the altar can be made of any solid material approved for liturgical use.

cc1237: 2. The ancient tradition of keeping the relics of martyrs and other saints under a fixed altar is to be preserved according to the norns given in the liturgical books.

-Code of Canon Law, 1984

You could also try to find the General Instruction of the Roman Missal, esp nn 259-267 for altars, and liturgical stuff in general, although I'm not sure if that would give the symbolism of things. In addition, only yesterday Fr Edmund talked about the purpose of the corporal and the proper way of folding it. The corporal (from latin corpus, body) is put on the altar just prior to the preparation of the gifts at the offertory. It's purpose is to catch the crumbs which might fall from the Host, and after communion it is folded in a certain way so that none of the crumbs fall off. These fragments, unless they are so big that they retain the appearance of a piece of bread, are not the Body of Christ, but are treated with respect because they once were a part of the Sacerd Host. Anyway maybe one day I'll get around to writing a book on the liturgy for children, but I think I'll have to make my language simpler!"

I'll have to keep reminding him about that picture book!

Looking forward to hearing more info

Alison on a very windy day in Adelaide
Back to Top View Alison's Profile Search for other posts by Alison Visit Alison's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 10 2009 at 1:10am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

I'm bumping this unit study to ask for new or additional books, resources, activities, etc. that you have enjoyed with your family. What are your favorites?

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

fsuadamson
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 10 2009 at 4:02pm | IP Logged Quote fsuadamson

Linda Meyer has some wonderful Catholic Lapbooks that could be used with this unit study. Last year we did "The Things We See In Church" with our FHC notebook.

She is actually working on The Mass Faith Folder now so keep this website bookmarked!

Back to Top View fsuadamson's Profile Search for other posts by fsuadamson Visit fsuadamson's Homepage

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 10 2009 at 6:27pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

I've actually re-gathered the Unit over here and ekbell recommended The How-To Book of the Mass by the Michael Dubruiel, and A pocket guide to the Mass.

Do you see the quiz Aubrey created?
I've also just ordered The Mass Book for Children by Rosemarie Gortler, recommended here I was wanting a Novus Ordo rec.

Hope this is of help.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version