Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: What nice/happy thing happened today? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 30 2006 at 11:03pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

We have some wonderful old friends visiting this weekend. This Catholic family has four girls close to the ages of my girls. This morning, dh and I were awakened with breakfast in bed -- planned and executed by my 10yo and our visiting 9yo. The menu? Scrambled eggs, and orange juice made by them from concentrate. A "funny face" piece of whole wheat toast: the eyes were blueberries, the nose was a strawberry, and the mouth was M&Ms-all stuck to the toast with peanut butter! And the best part was that they got very artistic and served it like the desserts at the fancy restaurants, drizzling Hershey's syrup all around the plate under the piece of toast. It was quite an original idea. And as if this wasn't enough . . . they finished up with strawberries dipped in melted chocolate chips. Talk about a sugar high first thing in the morning!

(Do they think we like chocolate, or what?! )

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 31 2006 at 3:04am | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

Lissa's husband came over for dinner !!

* Edited to say this was Sunday.....it's just very late here.......

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

Jess
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 31 2006 at 5:29pm | IP Logged Quote Jess

I got to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time today too. The midwife said that they "never" hear it this early, but we would try just for fun, and she found it right away! It is the most beautiful sound!

God bless,
Jess
+JMJ+
Back to Top View Jess's Profile Search for other posts by Jess

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Aug 01 2006 at 12:13am | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Jess wrote:
I got to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time today too. The midwife said that they "never" hear it this early, but we would try just for fun, and she found it right away! It is the most beautiful sound!

What a wonderful thing to celebrate, Jess!

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 01 2006 at 7:50am | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Yay, Jess!! Isn't it one of the best sounds?

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 03 2006 at 9:03am | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

Reading this thread has been the highlight of my day so far. It's really helped me put things in perspective. It's been so gloomy here as of late, with all of the neighbor drama.

Baby heart beats are the best!!! How wonderful to hear it so early Jess. Mary Ellen ~ you are in my prayers each day.   Marie, so are you, I LOVED seeing your beautiful family Sunday, your girls in those hats are precious!

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

Jeanne
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 03 2006 at 9:48am | IP Logged Quote Jeanne

I read this whole thread for the first time today--how wonderful!!!! It has really helped me to remember to look at all the good God provides in my day.

Right now I'm just so happy that I found out I lowered my cholesterol-without medication- from 233 to 150!! I have been very worried about this, but I just need to praise God and give Him all the glory!!

P hi li ppians   4:13
Back to Top View Jeanne's Profile Search for other posts by Jeanne

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 05 2006 at 8:19pm | IP Logged Quote stacykay

Reading all your nice/happy things, this seems kind of small, but gave me a big smile. We live less than a mile from the Felician sisters Motherhouse, and as I left to pick up a couple of things from the store, I saw three of the sisters (two in knee-length and one full-length habits) power-walking down the sidewalk.    They were old to young, and were so happy, laughing and talking, and I just loved that they go out and walk the neighborhood, fairly frequently. Kinda like a little hug from God (at least that was how it made me feel .)

Also, my 15 yo ds just came home from Mackinac today (BIG hug from him!,) (my it was a loooong week without him!,) and we had such a wonderful dinner with everyone at the table.

And now I am looking at the most beautiful sky, white and blue, purple, and pink all mixed together.
God is so Good!
This thread is a blessing!

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 05 2006 at 9:05pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah

I went to a wedding this afternoon of a dear family friend who has been longing for marriage for a long time. He has found a beautiful companion well suited to him, introduced the Catholic faith to her, and now she is converting. They are beautiful!

This is a great thread, since I didn't feel happy about much today . I really had to look for the goodness. Its important to look at the positive.

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 05 2006 at 10:23pm | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

Today, we went to a beautiful baptism - there was Mass, too! Does anyone else cry at baptisms???

Afterwards, there was a lovely potluck and BBQ and my kids got to play - barefoot - and run and we had GLORIOUS weather!

Then, some of our dearest friends came over - they were at the park, too, and we had dinner together.

It was such a lovely, lovely day...and since my dh is gone, really helped the time pass....

My etsy store - all proceeds go to help my fencing daughters!
Back to Top View ladybugs's Profile Search for other posts by ladybugs Visit ladybugs's Homepage

momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 05 2006 at 11:40pm | IP Logged Quote momwise

ladybugs wrote:
   Does anyone else cry at baptisms???

Oh yes. And at weddings and of course funeral Masses and sometimes 1st Communions and even at Sunday Mass!

soodow
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 09 2006 at 8:45am | IP Logged Quote soodow

Happy, peaceful feelings abound here. Our son's wedding was Sat. Company has all gone home and the house has returned to normal (a bit behind on laundry still ) but the thoughts of the wedding bring laughter, smiles and tears to us all. The Mass was beautiful!
The day was beautiful!
In Christ,
Sue in NH
Back to Top View soodow's Profile Search for other posts by soodow

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 09 2006 at 10:44am | IP Logged Quote stacykay

Sue,
is this your first? Congratulations!

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

soodow
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 09 2006 at 10:05pm | IP Logged Quote soodow

Hi Stacy,
Yes, this is our first !
It has been a joyfilled summer!

Sue
Back to Top View soodow's Profile Search for other posts by soodow

Dawnie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 10 2006 at 11:10pm | IP Logged Quote Dawnie

I was getting ready to go to Adoration tonight, and my 7yod asked if she could come with me. I told her she could if she thought she could be quiet and still while we were there. I then went on to explain how I really needed to have quiet time with Jesus so that I could be a better mommy. Then she said, "I need to have quiet time with Jesus, too, so I can be a better sister!"    So of course, she came with me. And she was as good as gold while we were there. She prayed a decade of the Rosary by herself and told me, "I told God thank you for stopping the bad men (terrorists) from blowing up the airplanes."

When another lady came in to pray, my dd said, "I get to receive Holy Communion next year! I'll be 8!!" I'm so glad that she has so much enthusiasm about receiving our Lord!

Dawn

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 12 2006 at 2:12pm | IP Logged Quote Bridget

Yesterday AND today Kevin took the kids out so that I could have some quiet time to plan and organise. The kinds of things that you really need a brain for. (Of course it wasn't totally out of the goodness of his heart. He either had to take them away or work on the budget and bills himself. )

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Aug 12 2006 at 2:19pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

My neighbors came over this morning. She brought me a coffee treat and he retrieved almost all the data from my fried computer . Say a quick prayer for Katie's baby pictures though--they may still be among missing.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 12 2006 at 2:26pm | IP Logged Quote Bridget

That IS a nice thing!   I keep telling Kevin, we can lose everything else on the computer, but not the photos, back them up!

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 12 2006 at 5:51pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Elizabeth wrote:
My neighbors came over this morning. She brought me a coffee treat and he retrieved almost all the data from my fried computer . Say a quick prayer for Katie's baby pictures though--they may still be among missing.

That is good news...praying about Katie's pictures.

We just came back from visiting the hospital. My youngest brother and his wife had their first born this morning -- he is absolutely beautiful!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Molly Smith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 13 2006 at 2:01am | IP Logged Quote Molly Smith

My wonderful neighbors insisted on watching all the children for us so Rick and I could go on a "date". We had a great time and so did the kids. My sweet 4yo dd was a bit teary, but my dear neighbor patiently kept her by her side and made homemade lemonade, "real" popcorn (is that butter? ours comes with the butter already in it! said my ds8) and cookies. They had a great time together.

I'll add my seeing a shooting star yesterday morning to this as well, since it was so cool .

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version