Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: cloth diapers Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 13 2006 at 2:09pm | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

MicheleQ wrote:

I use a sideboard cupboard (something like this ). I made a changing pad for the top that matches the decor of the dining room and keep all the diapering supplies (powder, homemade wipes, lotion and about 4 diapers) in a large beautiful basket.   I keep all the extra diapers and supplies in the cabinet below. The height is perfect for changing and it is easy access but still looks lovely. I keep another basket of supplies (I like baskets) beside my bed for upstairs changes.

God bless,

Michele, this does look lovely!

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 13 2006 at 7:55pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah

I take all the diapers and washcloths from the dryer in a laundry basket, DON'T FOLD THEM, carry it upstairs and keep it under my Master bathroom counter, next to the diaper pail, which is near my bed, which serves as my changing table.

Diaper cream is kept in a basket near the diapers (out of reach, though).

I lay down a pad which is stored under my bed before changing.

Super simple.

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: July 13 2006 at 8:01pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Sarah,
I'm struggling with the visual here. Your bed is in the Master bathroom? That house is considerably smaller than the one you left...

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

mrsgranola
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 13 2006 at 11:03pm | IP Logged Quote mrsgranola

Okay, you all have thoroughly shamed me into trying to use my cloth diapers again. I have lots of Rainbow diaper, Nikkis, some Chinese prefolds, etc. etc. waiting to be drug out of their storage coffins and used.(They have been used in 2-3 children much.)

With a new house and new-to-us van, I need to save some serious cash so I better start using these things again! Now to just get the almost 4 year boy to use the potty... <sigh>

JoAnna

Katie
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 16 2006 at 11:54pm | IP Logged Quote Katie

I store clean diapers in a big round lidded basket, which sits in the entryway. i don't fold - just dump in dipes and washcloths as they come out of the drier/off the line. When little one needs changing, I can hold a messy baby at arms' length and grap a diaper and a washcloth one handed if needed. I head to the bathroom (on the ground floor right next to the entryway, put the baby down on the floor (on the bathmat), run the washcloth under the tap to get it wet, and change away. The dirties go in a different basket in the bathroom, which is also where my washer and drier are (don't ask!). When the baby was tiny, I had a towel folded on the washer adn that was our "changing table". That worked well, too.

When we move I'm sure we'll have a very different house set up, but I'll retain the big basket for clean diapers (no folding!!), and continue to change baby near the washing machine and sink. These two things have kept it streamlined enough for me to actually make the cloth diapers happen.

Dawnie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 17 2006 at 8:32am | IP Logged Quote Dawnie

I have my diapers stacked up on a shelf below the changing table. The washcloths and diaper rash medicine are in the top drawer of a chest, which has a baby lock on it. I have a wipes warmer that I fill up w/ wet washcloths 1-2 times/day. Diaper pail is right next to the changing table. All this stuff is in the toddler's bedroom, which is where the new baby's clothes will be located, too. I've found that I really like having clean clothes next to the changing area since my babies often have blowouts!

As we add to our family, though, the changing table might have to go and I can see myself moving to a basket system...

Dawn

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 19 2006 at 11:08pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

No time to read this whole thread but wanted to add my favorite cloth diapering tips:

Stick pins in a bar of soap. (These pins are cool...no way baby can get them off.) I use this set up and the nylon bag helps load my front-loader. I punch the diapers through from the bottom, if that makes sense. The
whisper pants are great, easy to handwash and air dry. These doublers are so soft and absorbant. I use Borax and regular detergent and stop the washing midway through a cycle to "soak." I often extra rinse and regularly let them dry in the bright AZ sun.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

8kids4me
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 19 2006 at 11:46pm | IP Logged Quote 8kids4me

[QUOTE=Angie Mc] Stick pins in a bar of soap.
QUOTE]

I always did that too, it really helps. I also discovered that a bar of glycerin soap was much easier to stick the pins in than a bar of hard soap.

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 20 2006 at 10:23am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Angie Mc wrote:
The
whisper pants are great, easy to handwash and air dry. [URL=https://naturalfamilyboutique.com/Shop/products/moe-6603.aspx]

Angie, are these pull-ons easy to get off even with a "load" in it They look like they would be great. Do you use them exclusively or do you also use another type diaper wrap for different types of diapering needs, like overnight, etc.?? Thanks so much!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version