Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Very Cool Planner! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 05 2006 at 9:31pm | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

Cay Gibson wrote:
Elizabeth wrote:
At the risk of sounding truly ignorant, would someone please tell me why I would want a planner that runs from August 2006 to December 2007?

Simple...for future plans.   

If you get a planner from Aug. 2006 to Dec. 2007, you can begin jotting down conferences dates that are scheduled in Aug. 2007, and planning the parent's 50th wedding anniv. that's scheduled in Sept. 2007, planning the family reunion they're in charge of for Oct. 2007, and planning Christmas dinner for Dec. 2007.   

I think it is important to have the space to write down future plans, but I wouldn't want all those extra weekly pages. What a waste of paper! I'd prefer a 12 month planner with a page for future plans that I could copy into my new planner when I purchase it.

Michele,
I just asked a question about your planner on the other planner topic. I am wondering if you now have tabs for the monthly pages. I used your planner for one year and went back to Franklin Covey because their sturdy tabs were so important to me. With your planner, I made my own ugly tabs that bothered me all year. Besides the tabs, I think your planner is beautiful. Black & white is fine for me. The content and lay-out are more important in my opinion. I just checked out your new weekly format and it does look good. I think it would work for me.

Someone suggested a place at the beginning of each month for monthly goals...I would use that. In my planner now there's a place for this (divided into quarters) on the back of the right side of the monthly page. On it I write goals for the month separated by categories -family, homeschooling, house and me (personal goals). At the end of the month I can go back and review them to see which ones I accomplished. I can also refer to them when planning each week.

Another thing that might be useful to me is to have a tabbed section with lined pages for a running to do list. It would be a place to write all the ideas that pop in my head like- organize the family videos, pack Rachel's clothes, etc. I could cross them out as they are scheduled into a week and keep adding to the list when I think of something new.

I just checked-out the MomAgenda format and I do like the lay-out with the week going horizontally and the days going down vertically because that is how I visualize a week. I'm sure that everyone does not see it the same way. I had a planner laid out like this one year and I liked it. I like the "my week" and "dinner" but I would get rid of the "kids" so that I could use the bottom half for anything. Maybe you could put feast days and readings above "My Week", push everything down and not break the bottom into four sections. Just thinking aloud.....

I like that you started to sell the shopping lists and the lesson plans separately and also that you have both spiral and hole-punched available.

This is making me want to buy a new planner. The daily pages one I bought this year is just not working out.

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: July 07 2006 at 11:48am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

I saw the momagenda up close and personal today. A couple of things to note:
(1)the margin in the seam is wide enough that I don't think it matters a whole lot that it doesn't lie completely flat. There's plenty of room to write on Wednesday and Thursday.
(2) the planner doesn't start until August 14th. Not sure, why but the first two weeks of August aren't there.

It sure is pretty!

Another option, if you want to stick with Michele's planner but like the multi-kid spaces, is to buy the desk pads. These are undated so you can start using them any time. They are nice and big (9x12) and have a magnet for the fridge. It doesn't take much time to transfer pertinent information from your personal planner (whichever you choose) and then to put it on this chart and post for all to see. I kind of like the idea of a personal planner for me and a general planner for the whole family.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: July 07 2006 at 11:55am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

A couple more things:
(1) All the monthly calendar pages are together, up front, instead of before the weekly pages for that month.

(2) The portfolio cost has increased to $150 and it is not yet available. And it doesn't come in pretty colors, only in brown or black leather. Of course, that would mean that next year, you'd only have to buy the spiral insert. And the spiral insert does lie flat.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 07 2006 at 12:13pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah

MicheleQ wrote:
Oooohhh I would LOVE to be able to make my planners in color and with those pretty covers.
God bless,

Michelle-

I LOVE your planner. I LOVE the Blessed Mother on the cover. And. . .I LOVE that I bought it from a great Catholic hs-ing mom! That's the best part.

I'll keep thinking on ways to improve. Haven't seen anything yet.

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 08 2006 at 9:17pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

I just got home from NACHE. We had fun but are exhausted.

Anyway I was wondering. . .
Elizabeth wrote:
A couple more things:(1) All the monthly calendar pages are together, up front, instead of before the weekly pages for that month.

Is this preferable? I have wondered about that for a while actually.

God bless!

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

Rebecca
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 08 2006 at 9:35pm | IP Logged Quote Rebecca

MicheleQ wrote:
Anyway I was wondering. . .
Elizabeth wrote:
A couple more things:(1) All the monthly calendar pages are together, up front, instead of before the weekly pages for that month.

Is this preferable? I have wondered about that for a while actually.

God bless!

Michele, I would like all the monthly calendar pages together. It is difficult for my brain to transfer from month to week, month to week. (But take it with a grain of salt because I am a little strange... )

The reality is that what I have seen of your planner is lovely! And I like the idea that by buying it, we are supporting you and your beautiful family.
Back to Top View Rebecca's Profile Search for other posts by Rebecca

Courtney
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 08 2006 at 9:45pm | IP Logged Quote Courtney

I like the monthly pages before the weekly pages for that month. I can see where it would be hard to please everyone! I do love your planner, Michelle and can't wait to put it in my binder. I especially like your lesson plan pages. I like having my daily life planner in the same place as my lesson plans.

Back to Top View Courtney's Profile Search for other posts by Courtney

mrsgranola
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 08 2006 at 10:08pm | IP Logged Quote mrsgranola

Michelle, I really like the monthly pages all together, as well. I feel like such a slacko but I tend not to use the daily pages at all to write on. I'm a monthly calendar kind of gal.

JoAnna in NC

Jen L.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 08 2006 at 10:16pm | IP Logged Quote Jen L.

Sarah wrote:

Michelle-

I LOVE your planner. I LOVE the Blessed Mother on the cover. And. . .I LOVE that I bought it from a great Catholic hs-ing mom! That's the best part.

It's funny, I haven't even received Michele's planner yet and yet, I totally agree!!!

Back to Top View Jen L.'s Profile Search for other posts by Jen L.

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 08 2006 at 11:06pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Michelle,
I actually prefer to have the month page followed by the weekly pages, alternating like that, rather than all up front. Just works better for me that way. If the monthly pages are all up front, I tend also not to use the weekly pages at all-too much flipping back and forth. Having them immediately following the month helps me to transfer monthly events onto the weekly pages and use them more.

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 09 2006 at 8:21am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

I agree with Theresa and Courtney, Monthly right before the Weekly otherwise it seems like two separate planners to me and I might not use both, too much flipping.

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

Sarah in SC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 10 2006 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah in SC

Could someone explain to me what the menu planning pages look like in Michelle's planner? I'm trying to see the sample pages on her website & keep getting some silly error message. Thanks!

Also...how thick is this planner w/ the menu & lesson planning pages? I think that I *really* want this planner, but if I add all those extras in, will I be carrying an encyclopedia?

Thanks for any guidance!

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 11 2006 at 8:56am | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Sarah in SC wrote:
Could someone explain to me what the menu planning pages look like in Michelle's planner? I'm trying to see the sample pages on her website & keep getting some silly error message. Thanks!

I sent Sarah the links already but in case anyone else can't see tham they are here and here

Quote:
Also...how thick is this planner w/ the menu & lesson planning pages? I think that I *really* want this planner, but if I add all those extras in, will I be carrying an encyclopedia?

With both menu and lesson planning pages added to the planner it is just slightly less than 1 inch thick.

God bless!

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

Sarah in SC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 11 2006 at 9:10am | IP Logged Quote Sarah in SC

Thanks so much, Michelle! One inch thick is my kind of planner! :)

You'll be getting my order later today......   :)

JSchaaf
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 11 2006 at 1:07pm | IP Logged Quote JSchaaf

I splurged with some early birthday money and bought the momagenda planner. It just arrived today. It's beautiful. It looks good, feels good, even smells good. Almost too beautiful to use! I think I'll use it more like a diary/journal, keeping notes on what we do each day, movies we watched, etc. The year is embossed on the spine so I'll be able to shelve it after the year is up and still be able to find it later. I don't have it right in front of me know, but if you have any other questions about it, let me know. I haven't decided on what to use as an actual planner/calendar yet.
Jennifer
Back to Top View JSchaaf's Profile Search for other posts by JSchaaf

Karen T
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 12 2006 at 9:47pm | IP Logged Quote Karen T

Michele, i like the monthly pages right before the weekly ones. and, since i've always gotten the 3 hole punched kind, it's easy to move things around to suit me also.
Karen
Back to Top View Karen T's Profile Search for other posts by Karen T

LisaD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 28 2006 at 6:02pm | IP Logged Quote LisaD

I'm resurrecting this thread. I bought myself the MomAgenda planner as a birthday gift for myself. It has been sitting on my desk for two weeks now, and I'm having trouble filling it in. It is beautiful, and sleek, and I have written a few things in, but...I just don't love it. I've used Michelle's planners for the past three years, but I was seduced by MomAgenda's weekly layout with space for activities for four children. Well...there's just not enough space for me. I don't like that it doesn't lay flat, either. And, wow, I really miss seeing that May 5th is St. Judith of Prussia's feast day, and what the daily readings are, and the wonderful quotes Michelle puts on each week, and all the prayers in the front, etc.

I feel like crying. It seems so wasteful to have this beautiful planner that I've already written in, but don't really want to use. Is that nuts? Can I justify buying another planner? Maybe if I give up any treats for a month, I can buy myself a Catholic Woman's Daily Planner.

Edited to add...I really don't like the 17 month format, either. I can only handle 12 months at a time!

I've learned my lesson.

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 28 2006 at 6:22pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Lisa -

Hey, we grow older, we grow wiser

Happy Birthday, sweetie.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

5athome
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 29 2006 at 1:07pm | IP Logged Quote 5athome

Lisa:

If it is not working for you and something else will I would change it if at all possible. These binders & calendars help run a smooth householdso we really need to love and not loathe them.

I came very close to the situation you are in but decided to stick with Michelle's planner. It arrived yesterday (she is the fastest shipper!) and I am in love with t all over again.

Margaret
Back to Top View 5athome's Profile Search for other posts by 5athome

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 29 2006 at 8:41pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

5athome wrote:
I came very close to the situation you are in but decided to stick with Michelle's planner. It arrived yesterday (she is the fastest shipper!) and I am in love with t all over again.

Margaret

Oh dear - I really try to ship them as quickly as possible but I'm afraid that may change as I get closer to having this baby. And if you ordered a 7-hole it has shipped as quickly because I haven't been able to get them punched as soon as I had hoped.

I'm glad you like it Margaret.

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version