Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Very Cool Planner! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 05 2006 at 8:33am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Lissa is reviewing planners at the Lilting House. This one looks really cool! Now, how to integrate with Michele's...

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 05 2006 at 9:17am | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

That's the for heads-up, Elizabeth.
I have my reading for today: Inspiration

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 05 2006 at 9:23am | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

She has a blog even! Who would have thought.

mom to 5
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

KerryK
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 05 2006 at 1:08pm | IP Logged Quote KerryK

Wow, that's such a beautiful planner! And I love purple! I just don't know if I'll be able to come up with the money for it, though.
Kerry
Back to Top View KerryK's Profile Search for other posts by KerryK Visit KerryK's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 05 2006 at 1:25pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Oooohhh I would LOVE to be able to make my planners in color and with those pretty covers. But notice the prices? There's a reason why they are so high (never mind that they probably print way more than I do and can thus do it at a lower price). Color is terribly expensive., BUT I keep hoping and every year dh researches the possiblity of it for me.

God bless,

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

Lissa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 05 2006 at 1:38pm | IP Logged Quote Lissa

I know, the affordability of yours is one of the things I love about it & plan to hit in my review...also the week starting w/ Sunday, the extras in the planning pages, and of course the readings and feast days are its most wonderful feature. I literally used it every day this past year.

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: July 05 2006 at 1:41pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

It is expensive--prohibitively so, right now. And it bugs me that you have to buy the planner and the cover (bound version) every year. There's no 7 hole option so that you can use a cover you already have or so that you can buy one initially and then buy refills. You also can't use inserts from other systems. There doesn't seem to be an option to buy the spiral at all right now. If could you do that, it looks like the initial outlay is $100!

The colored paper is nice and I am a bit of a sucker for visuals, but what I like best is the page layouts. I love those spaces for each child's things, even if I'd have to double up in some of them.

The inspiration and blog pages did nothing for me. Lissa's post was a better sell, quite frankly. Those inspiration pages just seem like pop-culture ads (though with an admittedly unusual pro-family bent). Every single one of them is an infomercial, not an article.

The product is lovely, though...

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 05 2006 at 2:02pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

I see what you mean. Still, I thought The Lost Art of Correspondence made some very good points (if you leave out the last paragraph ) and I thought the Emotional Intelligence was interesting. We don't have to agree with all of it to reap the benefits of being reminded to evaluate the importance of our children's EQ.

But, back to planners, I do like the look, but the price is .

Michele, I'm wondering, could you offer different colored insert sheets for each section of your planner...like you did with the very, very first binder size one? It would add color with the cost of printing in color.

mom to 5

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 05 2006 at 2:02pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

OK, since many of you here use or have used my planner, let me ask you; how can I make it better?

Mind you, I can't promise I can do what everyone wants (some things I have been asked for simply are out of reach expense wise) but I really would appreciate the feedback.

It DOES have a new weekly format this year which, for the most part, I have gotten great reviews on (a few don't like it but I knew when I changed it that not everyone would).

But really. . .what else would you like to see different??

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 05 2006 at 2:05pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Cay Gibson wrote:

It would add color with the cost of printing in color.

I meant:

"It would add color to the planner without the cost of printing in color."

mom to 5

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 05 2006 at 2:06pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Cay Gibson wrote:
Michele, I'm wondering, could you offer different colored insert sheets for each section of your planners...like you did with the very, very first binder size one? It would add color with the cost of printing in color.

LOL Cay you posted this just as I was asking for feedback!

Dh and I have talked about doing this. We were thinking colored card stock and then of course still including the tabs so they can be tabbed as preferred. Is that what you are thinking? I'm pretty sure we used color cardstock the first year.

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 05 2006 at 2:12pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Michele,
Yes, that's it. I didn't use the tabs with mine but I remember everyone went crazy with glee when Sonlight produced tabs with their catalogs last year. So that's a good thing to keep.

I like the weekly format you're offering. Personally, I think it'll work better as I like to jot notes for each day and need the extra space.

While I always buy a 17 or 18 month calendar over a 12/13 month planner (because I feel I'm getting more for my money), I have to be honest and admit that by 9 months I'm getting bored with my planner and wanting to start fresh. I'm always eager for a new planner with a new look and new pages and new beginnings.

Hope this helps.

mom to 5

Becky Parker
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 05 2006 at 3:42pm | IP Logged Quote Becky Parker

Hi Michelle,
I don't have your planner (yet) and you might already have these things in yours, but how about a page or two at the beginning for things like a mission statement, and a listing of priorities? (I'm thinking of Holly Pierlot's 5 P's or Stephen Covey's "Roles and Goals"). Actually a priority page for each month would be great as a reminder to review priorities before planning events for the month to come. When I was a "career woman" and had more $$ I had a Franklin Planner that came with a little plastic bookmark. It also had narrow pieces of cardstock on which were printed Covey's terms for the Roles and Goals I mentioned. Each week I just jotted them down on this card stock, inserted it into the plastic book mark and had that reminder every time I opened my planner. It was pretty neat. BUT, neat as it was, it wasn't Catholic and your planner is way better anyway!!
Just some thoughts...
Oh, and I'm with you Cay. I LOVE a new planner. I usually start looking for one 2-3 months before my current one is finished!
Becky
Back to Top View Becky Parker's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Parker

Jen L.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 05 2006 at 5:18pm | IP Logged Quote Jen L.

I've thought about it before, but this thread has convinced me to buy Michele's planner today!

And did you see the beautiful Nature Study notebook at the bottom of the home page?? Beautiful.

Back to Top View Jen L.'s Profile Search for other posts by Jen L.

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: July 05 2006 at 6:20pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

At the risk of sounding truly ignorant, would someone please tell me why I would want a planner that runs from August 2006 to December 2007? What do I do in January 2008, but the one that started in August 2007? Or does the momagenda offer 17 month planners that start in January when that buying season rolls around??

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 05 2006 at 6:45pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Michelle,
My son once had a planner that was both spiral bound and three hole punched (through the cover too) so that it could be easily put into and removed from his binder. I really would like that, to keep it together with my big binder but be able to remove it to use, but I suppose I could just have your spiral planner 3-hole punched somewhere?
I will be ordering it soon (waiting on dh's payday!). What are the start and end dates of the planner?

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 05 2006 at 8:02pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Elizabeth wrote:
At the risk of sounding truly ignorant, would someone please tell me why I would want a planner that runs from August 2006 to December 2007?

Simple...for future plans.   

If you get a planner from Aug. 2006 to Dec. 2007, you can begin jotting down conferences dates that are scheduled in Aug. 2007, and planning the parent's 50th wedding anniv. that's scheduled in Sept. 2007, planning the family reunion they're in charge of for Oct. 2007, and planning Christmas dinner for Dec. 2007.   

But I don't know anyone (in their right mind ) who sticks to a 17 month planner. Anyone who has been successful must be a left-minded person.

mom to 5

KerryK
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 05 2006 at 8:09pm | IP Logged Quote KerryK

What's funny is that I've always stayed away from those "long range" planners because I KNEW I'd never make it for longer than a year with the same planner! I guess I don't feel so bad now that I know other people have trouble sustaining interest in their planners too!

Kerry
Back to Top View KerryK's Profile Search for other posts by KerryK Visit KerryK's Homepage

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 05 2006 at 8:23pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

KerryK wrote:
I guess I don't feel so bad now that I know other people have trouble sustaining interest in their planners too!

Kerry

Like I said, by 9 months I'm getting bored with my past life. I like freshness! I think we all do.

There's nothing like a new book that hasn't been touched by other hands (unless those hands are Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Emily Dickenson, Melissa Wiley... ).

A planner is very much like a journal. And there is nothing more beautiful than a brand new journal with crisp, white sheets awaiting the days of our lives.

I think companies offer the 17 month planners as lagniappe. They know no one sticks to it but they can say that it's an offering (and perhaps snag a customer because of those extra pages).

mom to 5

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 05 2006 at 8:55pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Cay Gibson wrote:
There's nothing like a new book that hasn't been touched by other hands (unless those hands are Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Emily Dickenson, Melissa Wiley... ).

A planner is very much like a journal. And there is nothing more beautiful than a brand new journal with crisp, white sheets awaiting the days of our lives.

I knew there were kindred spirits on this board.   

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

Page of 4 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version