Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Garden Planning 2014 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Martha
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 11 2014 at 1:31pm | IP Logged Quote Martha

And I'm just making do with the rocks. My kids and I are in agreement that quarry work sucks. I feel like for 7 years of living here, all we ever do every year is move rocks around. I'm so glad to finally have them settled. I think. We hope.

Back to Top View Martha's Profile Search for other posts by Martha Visit Martha's Homepage

SallyT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 11 2014 at 4:19pm | IP Logged Quote SallyT

I've been doing much the same thing with old bricks. And some plants. All I ever do is rearrange furniture, indoors and out.

Sally

millermom1110
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: March 13 2014 at 9:01am | IP Logged Quote millermom1110

CrunchyMom wrote:
I really like my cinder block beds, Sally! The block border is a fun place to experiment. My favorites are onions and romaine, but strawberries, radishes, marigolds, and nasturtium have also been fun to try. The radishes were a little susceptible to drying out and thus getting spicier, but they were very cute! I was initially worried the block wouldn't look as pretty as other options, but they have settled into the landscape easily, lending a feeling of permanence that I like. Perhaps not so permanent or pretty as old European stone walls and borders , but at least I can rest in their not rotting or falling into disrepair. Dh actually bolted ours together so they easily withstand being stepped upon and abused by our motley crew.

Oh I LOVE your cinder block beds! I've seen them other places, but yours just look much nicer. I may actually have to give that a try this year! DH can get cinder blocks and pallets galore from work. I need to get better at putting them to use.

We just got slammed with about 18 inches of snow yesterday and the windchill is currently -10F. Gardening seems so far away to me right now. I have some cilantro and basil on my kitchen window sill, and I've been giving my house plants way more attention than any house plant deserves. I need to get my hands in the soil!

www.growpraybuild.com
Back to Top View millermom1110's Profile Search for other posts by millermom1110

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 3
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version