Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Aluminum free deodorant Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 07 2014 at 5:21pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Bumping this up...

I have been using Ban Invisible Solid
for awhile now and have been super pleased.

It has a very good rating from EWG: a score of 1 (with zero being best and 10 being worst).

It is not a perfectly clean, all natural deodorant, but I am OK with it since I am sensitive to many of the salts in the natural ones. I don't feel that it is that great of an anti-perspirant compared to the average deodorant stick,
but it does work, and I have had no odor problem at all (which was something that always stressed me out with natural brands- wondering if I smelled ).

Anyway, I am happy with this brand, and I often see it on Amazon for $2 a stick (though the price goes up and down).

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 08 2014 at 11:59am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I'm glad to hear you found something that works for you. Before my surgery I decided to switch to deodorant instead of anti-perspirant. I figured I wouldn't be out in public for a while so this would be a good time to detox.

After the initial adjustment, I was thrilled to see how I didn't stink and I sweat less. It seems the AP was making me sweat more.

I've been using Primal Pit Paste because I'm way too overwhelmed to make my own. I've tried most of the deodarant products. They run sales periodically so I never pay full price. There is a 25% off sale for just deodoarant that ends at midnight with code Primalbetties

My favorite is the stick regular in Thyme and Lemongrass. I haven't liked the jar as much...my summer order melted and messed up the balance. There is a new Happy Pits which should be out of clay instead of baking soda, coconut or shea butter for people who are sensitive. I'm going to try it. Their other sensitive version did not work at all and made me stinky. The super was too much baking soda and made me react.

I survived the summer and really only had a few times when it "wore off" and I had to reapply...but I had to do that with anti-perspirant, also. I find if I eat junk food, I'm more stinky and sweaty...my body is detoxing, I guess.

I'm just super pleased and never, ever thought I would be able to do the switch.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 24 2014 at 6:26pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

BUmping this up- Jenn, did you try the Happy Pits?
There is a 30% code floating around, and, though happy with my Ban, I think I will try this since it is even less toxic. However, I can't do any scents or fragrances- big time reactions.

ETA: Code is 100HOLIDAYS and is good through Wed at midnight.

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 24 2014 at 6:39pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I was confused and didn't realize that I had already tried Happy Pits. I thought they were changing the current recipe. So I ordered and got the same thing.

It doesn't work as well as the ones with baking soda, but it's okay. It's harder to put on, doesn't go on as smoothly.

I find I'm less sensitive since I stopped using anti-perspirant and I sweat and stink less. Just an entirely surprising result in this experiment.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

herdingkittens
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 05 2015 at 10:50pm | IP Logged Quote herdingkittens

I have been using homemade deodorant using bentonite clay (which I use in our tooth-powder), and LOVE it. It is a bit messier to apply than using a store bought stick, but it works better than anything else I have tried or made. Here is a link to the recipe I use, if it is helpful to anyone.   

Syncletica
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 29 2015 at 12:10am | IP Logged Quote Syncletica

Just thought I'd link to this. Has anyone heard of Trim Healthy Mama? They have a natural product line now. Here is a link to their all-natural deodorant.

"Live as though your judge were to meet you today, and you will not fear Him when He does come." - St. Augustine
Back to Top View Syncletica's Profile Search for other posts by Syncletica Visit Syncletica's Homepage

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 29 2015 at 8:11am | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

I have been using the Ava Andersen solid for a few weeks now. I like it. It works well, though the cocoa butter in it gives it a strange texture when putting it on. I spritz a bit of the toner and then apply the deodorant, and that works well. But it really is a good deodorant!

My husband is using their new spray deodorant, which I've used once or twice, and it works well, too! A different fragrance than the solid, but not too feminine or too masculine. Dh likes it, and I think it is easier for a man than the thick solid would be.

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 29 2015 at 2:47pm | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

Almost 2 months ago I discovered a new deo from Dr. Hauschka . This is the best deo I've used in years. The scent is mild and I had no problems whatsoever in hot summer weather.

I think stores like Whole Foods sell Dr. Hauschka products.

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

countrymom
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 30 2015 at 7:10pm | IP Logged Quote countrymom

Herban Cowboy works on me and no other natural brands do. I was using soft and dry aluminum free, but my Dollar General stopped carrying it.
Back to Top View countrymom's Profile Search for other posts by countrymom

herdingkittens
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 04 2015 at 10:20pm | IP Logged Quote herdingkittens

Syncletica wrote:
Just thought I'd link to this. Has anyone heard of Trim Healthy Mama? They have a natural product line now. Here is a link to their all-natural deodorant.

YES!!! I was just going to pop in here to rave about Hippy Stick, their deodorant. This stuff is awesome. Way better than anything I've tried - Tom's, crystal, homemade recipes... I tested it out in ballet class (I sweat like crazy...tmi, but there it is) and ZERO stink. Actually, when you sweat, it gives your pits a lovely minty tingly feeling, ala Dr. Bronner's peppermint castile soap.    It is $10 a stick, which is steep, but worth it. Has a really pleasant smell, too.      

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 5
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version