Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: natural remedies for pms mood swing? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 23 2015 at 12:45pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Bumping for the Anniversary. This thread is so helpful with so many suggestions.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

SallyT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 28 2015 at 8:18am | IP Logged Quote SallyT

Wow, yes, thank you! I have a related question, actually:

I'm post-menopause, which after a really rough ride is kind of a relief. But I now have daughters with fairly severe menstrual issues: sometimes very intense cramps, plus horrific moodiness before and during. One daughter is 21, and the other is (sigh) 11. 11 seems so young to be experiencing this stuff, but there it is. Her sister and I both started at 10, so on our family "schedule," 11 is actually kind of late. We're just really reproductively precocious, I guess.

The 21-year-old does a lot of her own research into these things and has incorporated magnesium, for example, into her life in a big way, to address not only the cycle-related issues but also general panic and anxiety problems. I will certainly suggest Evening Primrose Oil to her as well.

My real question is: what can I do for my 11-year-old? What would be safe to give her? I do encourage her to take Epsom Salts baths and/or half a magnesium supplement capsule. She hates to take baths, especially when she has her period -- she's a shower girl instead, but then she can't soak in the Epsom Salts. She already has fairly heavy periods and intense cramps, poor thing. And the moods . . .

My new gynecologist is a pro-life Catholic, and I'm going to take the 11yo in to see her, because I know she'll talk over natural remedies and not push hormonal birth control. That's one reason the 21yo didn't go to the doctor for these things for years and years -- she said, "They'll just want to put me on the Pill, and I don't want to do that, so I might as well figure out natural remedies for myself." This new doc is a Godsend, but we have to wait for appointments. So in the meantime, I'm trying to figure out what might make life more bearable for my younger daughter during that time of the month.

Thanks again for bumping this thread, and thanks in advance for any wisdom that comes my way!

Sally

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 28 2015 at 12:12pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

I would definitely use the Red Raspberry Leaf. It helps normalize hormones, it doesn't boost them one way or another artificially. You can do it as tea if she'll drink it or as capsules.

Also I've heard that the cramp bark is really effective for cramping but we haven't needed it. But I do have a friend who's girls have needed it and they say it works really well. I'd trust her judgement on using it.

It's not as helpful as having more of your body immersed but you can do an epsom salt foot soak which can help, and since it may be more welcome than a full bath it may help more simply because she'll use it more readily.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 28 2015 at 12:17pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Also on the evening primrose, I'd check it out, it seems to me that it may be something you shouldn't take during pregnancy so if your 21 yr old is going to be taking it she should check it out so she'll know if when she gets to that point (in the future) she should continue it or not.

-Sir Walter Scott

SallyT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2015 at 3:09pm | IP Logged Quote SallyT

Thanks! That's all very helpful.

Sally

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2