Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: natural remedies for pms mood swing? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
saigemom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 24 2010 at 9:28pm | IP Logged Quote saigemom

Fish oil ends up giving me...tummy issues ...Is there anything else that anyone has found to work for them? I am really having some mood swing issues lately when that time rolls around and would really appreciate some tried and true natural remedies.

Back to Top View saigemom's Profile Search for other posts by saigemom

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 24 2010 at 11:44pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Red Raspberry Leaf (tea or capsule) works well for that. Nettle leaf is another that helps.

I've also talked with a friend that neither of those helped her but magnesium supplements did help.

You might also consider the book Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition by Marilyn Shannon She addresses many issues with cycles including PMS.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

saigemom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 25 2010 at 7:57am | IP Logged Quote saigemom

I've heard of Red RL for cramps, but not moods....I'll have to try that as it is easy to find.

I just read something about magnesium on Elizabeth's blog about ppd. Do you know what the dosage is? Do you need extra if you are taking a multi-v?

momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 25 2010 at 2:34pm | IP Logged Quote momwise

Right now I'm using Flax oil and Evening Primrose; 3 capsules of each per day, 1 to 2 in the a.m and 2 to 1 in the p.m.

I've heard of SAM-E for post partum mood regulation but don't know of the results.

Maggie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 25 2010 at 3:38pm | IP Logged Quote Maggie

I also suggest checking out Marilyn Shannon's "Fertility, Cycles, and Nutrition".

I know that she highly recommends taking the multi-vitamin "Optivite" because it is balanced significantly better than most multis out there. It helps me.

You can get Optivite at WalMart, Walgreens, etc...but you have to have it special ordered at the prescription counter even though it is not a prescription.

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 25 2010 at 4:12pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Maggie wrote:
I know that she highly recommends taking the multi-vitamin "Optivite" because it is balanced significantly better than most multis out there. It helps me.

For years I heard Optivite praised and I thought "what's the big deal? It's a vitamin." Then I tried it and wow it really is good. No more pms for me thanks to Optivite!

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

saigemom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 06 2010 at 10:58am | IP Logged Quote saigemom

Do you take optivite every day or just during certain times in the cycle?

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 06 2010 at 12:16pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

I take it every day, but not the recommended six --I usually only take four.

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 06 2010 at 3:16pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

okay.....I can safely say and MOST strongly say: Evening Primrose Oil is the easiest, least expensive and most effective way of balancing MY hormones.

When I take it mostly daily.......I have NO PMS...slight cramps, or none...and most of the time...no symptoms, so that when my cycle starts...I am surprised by so much lack of warning.

I do not have mild pms either....I have mild psychotic issues a few days before and major cramps keeping me flat most of the day.

EPO feels like a "miracle" to me.

And, I have at least one or two months when I forget to take it...and I always get proof yet again...that it is obviousl working for me.

I use HEALTH BY THE SUN 1300mg...once a day .

And, it was Michelle Q who told me to take it once......when I was complaining about cramps in a private chat...WAAAAY back when!

That is ALL I take.

the DAILY dose of raspberry leaf tea also works almost as well.....but it takes more on my part.

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 06 2010 at 3:50pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Chari wrote:
I use HEALTH BY THE SUN 1300mg...once a day .

And, it was Michelle Q who told me to take it once......when I was complaining about cramps in a private chat...WAAAAY back when!

Geesh you make it sound like we are old or something. I actually remember that Chari.

Fish oil seems to work better for me but if it gives you tummy issues definitely try the EPO instead.

Kristie 4
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 06 2010 at 4:18pm | IP Logged Quote Kristie 4

This sounds like it will be a lifesaver!

A Walk in the Woods

Back to Top View Kristie 4's Profile Search for other posts by Kristie 4 Visit Kristie 4's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 06 2010 at 4:19pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

, Michele!

We may not be "old".....esp YOU ....but, it was before I was pregnant with Malachy...and that is at least nine years ago...so...it WAS WAAAY back when, you see?

I only happened to have some in the house because a couple of years before, my midwife had me start taking them when I was overdue with my only past-due-date baby....to try to coax labor.

DO NOT TAKE WHEN PREGNANT!!! It can prematurely soften the cervix......and possibly stimulate contractions.

I like only having to take one capsule once a day....most days ...I am naturally lazy.

How fun, Michele...that we DO go WAAAY back.

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 06 2010 at 4:23pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

Kristie...I hope and pray it is for anyone else who uses it.

I am hopeful that taking it through peri-menopause will keep things even....my hope anyway

so, far...so good.

saigemom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 06 2010 at 5:14pm | IP Logged Quote saigemom

Thank you all. It sounds wonderful to not have pms issues. I really don't have light pms, so any improvement would be much appreciated by my poor dh (me too, of course) Thanks so much for the detailed information.

Chari,

I am glad that you mentioned that the EPO was a capsule. I was thinking it was a dropper of oil.   

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 06 2010 at 5:31pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

It IS a LARGE capsule

...but....I can take IT...but have difficulty with the giant vitamins

florasita
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 07 2010 at 9:43am | IP Logged Quote florasita

what age are you at ? wild yam works amazing takes the moody away and so does motherwort but I do not like to reccomend motherwort if you are chance of being pregnant.
cramps , crampbark ( highbush cranberry ) is awesome .
Avoid caffine at all cost , but eat chocolate , only the good dark stuff .

May I rise & rest with words of Gratitude on my Breath
May I have the Heart & Mind of a Child in my Depth
May I forever remember to be a Light
May Peace Love & Hope be My Sight
Back to Top View florasita's Profile Search for other posts by florasita Visit florasita's Homepage

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 08 2010 at 7:04am | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Does EPO help with heavy periods? My only hesitation in doing some of these supplements is that I am allergic to so, so many things....I can only take adult gummi vitamins for Petes’ sake....anything else makes me feel violently ill. There is something in supplements......I can’t figure it out. Often, just walking through the vitamin and supplement area at Whole Foods makes my throat feel tight and itchy....scary.
Oh well....has EPO ever caused anyone side effects?

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 08 2010 at 10:50am | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

4ladsmom.. you can try this.. it's what one friend of mine recommends.. rub a little of whatever it is.. EPO for instance.. on your arm and see if you react to it.. if all is fine there.. swish some in your mouth and spit it out.. and see if there's any reaction.. and then take the lowest dose you can and see how you feel.

And do it slowly.. not all at once.. if you get capsules you can probably poke it with a pin to get some of the oil out.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 08 2010 at 9:45pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

That's good advice, Jodie!

Jenny
Forum Pro
Forum Pro