Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Special Blessings
 4Real Forums : Special Blessings
Subject Topic: Gander Publishing Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
rose gardens
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 22 2009 at 4:57pm | IP Logged Quote rose gardens

Is anyone familiar with Gander Publishing? This is the company that sells Lindamood Bell programs for auditory processing problems, dyslexia, and other learning disabilities. I recently received their catalog. They have a large amount of material available for children with learning disorders that looks very helpful and appealing. But I'm unfamiliar with the "world view" of their books and workbooks. I like working with materials from Catholic Heritage and other Catholic and traditional literature, but I use secular material when it fits our needs.
Back to Top View rose gardens's Profile Search for other posts by rose gardens

Anneof 5
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 28 2009 at 12:41pm | IP Logged Quote Anneof 5

I will say I have not used their particular materials but I have used other materials for special learning difficulties and so far I have not had issues with any of it. As far as I know there are no "Catholic" products/curriculum for special needs areas. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most of this type of thing is pretty teacher directed so you can edit as you go should you find a need for it.
Back to Top View Anneof 5's Profile Search for other posts by Anneof 5

rose gardens
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 28 2009 at 2:02pm | IP Logged Quote rose gardens

Thanks for your reply. I decided to go ahead and place a small order with just a few books.

I decided not to order any chapter books for older children at first grade reading level or history books for right now. I might at some point in the future, but for the time being all the special education material was adding up to $$$. I did order a couple of books to get a better idea about their products and those books are,(as you wrote)teacher directed.   
Back to Top View rose gardens's Profile Search for other posts by rose gardens

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version