Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Stations of the Cross -- b&w images Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Willa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 3:32am | IP Logged Quote Willa

I was looking for black and white Stations of the Cross images online (since we don't have a color printer) and found these ones -- from an old Catholic book called Key of Heaven published way back around the 1900's -- I liked them and thought they might be nice to color or use for Stations at home.   Just thought I'd share!

Take Up and Read
Back to Top View Willa's Profile Search for other posts by Willa

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 3:38am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Thank you Willa! They are wonderful - we will definately print these up for the children to colour and display through Lent.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 6:42am | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

Willa, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for sharing!

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 8:37am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

These aren't as pretty, Willa but we've used them the last couple of years -- fun for the kids to color and keep in a book (or we hang ours around the dining room and do Stations every Friday).

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Willa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 11:07am | IP Logged Quote Willa

Annie, it was so funny to post in the middle of the night and then see your reply come in about five minutes later. Obviously I know that you are on the other side of the world but that just made it seem so real.   

Take Up and Read

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 19 2007 at 1:50am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Here we are the next day on ...on the other side of the world, I'm 15 hours ahead but obviously a good time for both to come visiting, for me, this time is our early evening time, everyone on the forum is usually asleep and it is pretty quiet...

Willa, is there any way to print these up to approx A4 size, do you know? I've just printed them and there 8 on one page.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Willa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 19 2007 at 2:43am | IP Logged Quote Willa

I saved them individually. Put your mouse cursor over the image you want; right click and then when the options come up, "save image as". Then you can store them separately on your computer and I think they will print out bigger (but I don't know what type of program you have for viewing images on your computer).

I HOPE that works.... I don't know if Australian computers work the same or if you have a Mac rather than a PC...

Also, the pictures can be seen individually with text here

Take Up and Read

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 19 2007 at 4:07am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Brilliant! That worked well, hardly any loss of clarity. Thank you.

Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 22 2009 at 5:38pm | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

I was looking for the B&W station of the cross images to make my stations of the cross candles for lent. Does anyone know where I can find them? The link no longer works.

TIA!

God love you!
Donna Marie from NJ
hs momma to 8dc!!

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

Jen L.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 24 2009 at 8:40am | IP Logged Quote Jen L.

I found them on the wayback machine!

Try this link...

Wayback machine for Stations of the Cross pictures

Took a while to load on my machine but they are all there

Back to Top View Jen L.'s Profile Search for other posts by Jen L.

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2012 at 8:16am | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

We finally have made the stations of the cross candles this year!

For those who are having trouble finding images for them, as like you found Donna Marie all the older links don't work, we used the images from JennGM's blog page here, we used the black & white images from this project printing them out at 50% of the original size, I believe.

We also were able to find the same inexpensive set of candles they used in their project here. We found them at Walmart, too. They were only $6.50 for the set, which was so much cheaper than any alternatives I was finding, except using tea light without the pictures.

Some people just use the set of 12 candles, which would be up to Jesus dies on the cross, and then it's dark and they use a flashlight to read the prayers for the last stations. I was going to do that, but we ended up using 2 other matching candles dd gave me, for the last 2 stations.

I found a glue stick worked great to apply the pictures, also for the last two I used double stick tape, and that worked great, as well. Both were faster, easier, and less mess than other glues or mod podge, etc. Which is sometimes important with a lot of little ones in the area, and/or not much time.

Other sites I've seen this wonderful project are:

Ruth's blog (the original place I saw the project)

Joann's Blog (they are beautiful, too)

And his neat idea, I almost went with this instead), and would have if I hadn't found an inexpensive set of candles.

Oh, and if your Walmart doesn't have the set of 12 plain white votives, I was also considering just buying the inexpensive jar candles they have there, the $1 ones. With the images I mentioned above printed at 50% size, the pictures were just the right height for just the picture to be cut out and fit on the side of the candle. However, with the white votive set, the image and title of the station would fit, and on the two little jar candles (the same ones Walmart carries) I just left the title on with the image and let it stick up a tiny bit from the surface it could stick to( the neck of the jar goes in a bit), and the paper was still far enough away from the flame.

Hope these ideas help others to be able to do this fun and meaningful project!

Oh, and you can find some rather inexpensive candle snuffers on Amazon or eBay(you just have to watch out on eBay, as a lot of the ones sold there are for Wicca ).

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds coupon 4Real 20% off

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 03 2012 at 8:40am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Oh, thank you for the detailed steps and links!

As regards to the candle snuffer, the local atriums use these all the time. I recommend getting one with a swivel head. I did find a few on Amazon which were through other sellers, so the cost of shipping would add up, and the dealers were all New Age...so something to consider. But look for "mini brass candle snuffer" or "brass candle snuffer" and look for a swivel in the picture or description.

Over Christmas I bought several swivel snuffers from a department store that carries Yankee candles. Here is their snuffer, but I was able to hit the after-Christmas sale for $2.00 each. The negative is that they are very heavy for little hands, so I still am looking for the right snuffers. At home I just need one, but the atrium needs many. (

My trainer mentioned they had to order from India for a bunch of snuffers, and I'll try to get that resource.

I didn't think I could wax on about snuffers, but I do think it's a habit training for the children. For the boys, it's a step into the altar boy training. But for everyone it's the care and proper use of candle and wax.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 03 2012 at 8:58am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Oh, just to add, the old images are on the Wayback Machine here and I found them again here. I think they are very grainy, and do not blow up well.
Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2012 at 10:06am | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

Thanks for re-linking, Jenn. I couldn't get the other Wayback Machine link to open before, but wouldn't you know, it opened today. Those pictures are lovely, and yes they are a little more grainy than the picture I used from your project. I might print the others and glue them on the backs though, as they are lovely, too!

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds coupon 4Real 20% off

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version