Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Daily "Learning Notes" blogs Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 28 2007 at 8:18am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

MaryMary wrote:
KellyinPA wrote:
I can only imagine how much time keeping another blog takes up in your day, Elizabeth. But can I tell you that I really enjoy reading it Even about the undone laundry because it's so REAL:) I love seeing how you incorporate learning into a full day of loving and caring for your home and family. This is NOT to put any kind of a guilt trip on you, if you should decide to drop it. Just to let you know that I, for one, am really benefiting from it.

Wow, Kelly, I was about to say the same thing! In fact, Elizabeth, I was going to make a recommendation on the thread about revising Real Learning that maybe you could include a few sample days from 'Faithful' in your revised copy. Then I realized that that would give you one more thing to do (to add to your already long list) and I decided against it... until now !       

That's a great idea! The book is already in a revision process and those posts are already written, so it's really not a whole lot of work. Was there any one day in particular that was especially helpful?

I've taken a little break from Faithful Over Little Things but I was just getting ready to dust it off and get back in the swing, so this thread resurrection is perfect for me!

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 28 2007 at 9:12am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

THat would be great Elizabeth!

I too have taken a summer break from my learning notes blog:Mama's Muse. I truly enjoy keeping track both on paper and then the blog as I can *see* what we've accomplished, even if it's laundry !

BLessings!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: June 28 2007 at 12:13pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

I have a question for those of you still blogging your learning days in journal. I've been playing at this and I'd like to really start blogging our learning days and cycles, but if I'm going to blog my days, which I think would be a better fit for me, I don't want to have to write things down too!

I have to submit lesson plans for review through my legal cover. Do you think I could just print a few day's worth of journaling for this? Do any of you have to submit lesson plans for record keeping?

Do you guys only *blog* your days, or do you also keep a written planner to keep you on track? I was thinking an outline type planner - not too much detail - then blogging would allow me to record more details about the informal learning that takes place.

I loved re-reading this thread. Thanks Erin for bumping it back up!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 28 2007 at 5:48pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Jennifer

I use my learning blog to plan and record. I can see no reason why printing out some of what you have done wouldn't cover your legal requirements. Here though they want to see what we have planned to do, not what we have done.   If that is what you also mean by lesson plans couldn't your planning cover this.

I'll send you my blog url to see what I do. It is separate because with my public blog I record the more 'fun' things. In my private blog I can use it to plan and when I record I can write the good and the bad. I also use the children's real names as I get tired of the psynedom's in my private blogging. Also because it is private I don't have to worry about an audience. I am truthful.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Angel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 05 2007 at 4:15pm | IP Logged Quote Angel

I'm just about to start using my daily notes blog again. I actually plan on paper because I like to scribble a lot and use a bunch of arrows. Knowing there are a few people who might read my notes, however, keeps me more accountable (just personally). I keep a different paper notebook where I write about everything that goes on in my/our lives, and a lot of that has to do with homeschooling. But no one else but me ever sees that.   

--Angela
Three Plus Two
Back to Top View Angel's Profile Search for other posts by Angel Visit Angel's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: July 05 2007 at 6:55pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

I've started my blog for my learning notes. I loved it the instant I sat down to it. It feels quite natural! And I do love keeping alot of my online resources there on my sidebar - wishlists, unit study resources, book lists.

I'm waiting for the newness to wear off, and for that awful week when I'm miles behind the curve with cranky sick children, record reviews upcoming, and all I can think of to blog about is that we all sat down and read the new toy catalog that came in the mail. I know that day is coming! I'd like to try to be faithful to it though. Right now, dead of the summer - nothing but happy reading times and butterflies and swimming time to blog about - I love it.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 09 2007 at 12:34pm | IP Logged Quote Ruth

I just started a new daily lesson plans blog. I just posted 8th grade- week 1 today. It took me about 2 hours to put together. I still have 4 more kids' lessons to write. I hope it's not too much. Feel free to let me know what you think.

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries
Back to Top View Ruth's Profile Search for other posts by Ruth Visit Ruth's Homepage

Willa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 09 2007 at 12:44pm | IP Logged Quote Willa

I moved my learning notes over to Blogger -- they are now at Schola et Studium -- which used to be a blog to work out my rough-draft plans, but now I'm expanding it to include notes on what we've done.

There won't be a whole lot there until August or so since we are taking it easy this summer.

Quote:

Do you guys only *blog* your days, or do you also keep a written planner to keep you on track? I was thinking an outline type planner - not too much detail - then blogging would allow me to record more details about the informal learning that takes place.

That's what I do.   I have simple checklists that I use to help us keep on track and then on my blog I wrote how things actually went.   

At Google you can upload documents and spreadsheets and publish them and share them on your blog.   here

I started doing this last spring on my old learning-log everywakinghour and I'm planning to keep doing it this year. It really helped to have everything tied together like that.

Take Up and Read
Back to Top View Willa's Profile Search for other posts by Willa

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 09 2007 at 1:08pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Thanks for the Google docs idea, I hadn't thought of that before I really like the new blog Willa, and Ruth yours turned out lovely!

It's fun to have that sneak peek into other's learning days!

Blessings!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 09 2007 at 1:50pm | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

I was keeping up my Cool Homeschool blog for a short while. I have been inspired by this thread. I'm playing with blogger rather than wordpress too. Here's mine: Joyful Learning

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 09 2007 at 6:55pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Lisbet wrote:
I was keeping up my Cool Homeschool blog for a short while. I have been inspired by this thread. I'm playing with blogger rather than wordpress too. Here's mine: Joyful Learning

Oh Lisa - I just set up a learning notes blog this afternoon called "Joyful Learning" on Wordpress!!! It did not get so far - my first attempt with blogging - and between the heat, late pregnancy and 3 year old proved a big challenge. Does it bother you that mine has the same name as yours? It is funny - I tried so many names - then finally was happy with Joyful Learning - checked out the 4real blogs and made sure no similar name, ran it by my buddy Ruth, my kids liked it - I am so sorry it is the same as yours!!!

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 10 2007 at 5:46am | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

Marilyn, It's yours! :) I don't like blogspot!   You go rest!

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet