Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Daily "Learning Notes" blogs Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
almamater
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 21 2007 at 10:03am | IP Logged Quote almamater

I noticed that several of the bloggers on my frequent read route have daily blogs dedicated to jotting down their school records. I started one this month as well and thought it would be neat to link to other similar blogs in my sidebar. There are several listed already, but if you have one, I would love to add it to my list. Post your url or hyperlink!

Soulful Learning
Back to Top View almamater's Profile Search for other posts by almamater

doris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2007 at 2:30pm | IP Logged Quote doris

Hi Jennifer

Your new blog is great -- as are all the other school records blogs.

I can't keep up! With reading *or* writing it all!

Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2007 at 3:56pm | IP Logged Quote Ruth

Hi Jennifer, I have a Daily Log on my sidebar. I'm adding your blog to my list right now. I really like your blog.

God bless,

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries
Back to Top View Ruth's Profile Search for other posts by Ruth Visit Ruth's Homepage

Angel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2007 at 4:39pm | IP Logged Quote Angel

Mine is Show Your Work.

I need to get around to updating my sidebars!

--Angela
Three Plus Two
Show Your Work
Back to Top View Angel's Profile Search for other posts by Angel Visit Angel's Homepage

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2007 at 6:35pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

Here's mine Amiable Days.

I definitely need to work on sidebars, etc, too - on all my blogs!

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

Theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2007 at 8:40pm | IP Logged Quote Theresa

How fun. I'm going to "think" about this...    Do I REALLY need another blog?

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Jan 21 2007 at 9:07pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

No. You don't . and I think that the daily notes blog can really be difficult. I've wanted to do this for a really long time--since macBeth first mentioned many years ago that she kept a notebook journal--a planbook in reverse. And I wish I'd started then. It really does give you great perspective on what you've done, what you've not done, what you wish you'd done. But I don't think it needs to be a blog. I suggested that Amy blog it because she was looking for accountability. It's great for that! I'm not sure how long I'm in the game though if I have to tell the world every time I get behind on the laundry

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2007 at 9:11pm | IP Logged Quote Theresa

We are supposed to keep up with the laundry?   

almamater
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 21 2007 at 9:51pm | IP Logged Quote almamater

I used to keep a written log of what we had done each day, but somehow just didn't keep it going. When I saw Amy, Elizabeth, and Lissa's blogs that noted the daily goings on, I thought this was just what I needed. I enjoy blogging it more than writing it for some reason.

I do not write about the details of our laundry or other chores. Limit it to school work, menu and what ever information I think may be pertinent (sickness or tiredness that might effect the work quality/quantity for example). It is also a better place to organize my school related links, I am going to delete most of those from my main blog gradually.

Soulful Learning
Back to Top View almamater's Profile Search for other posts by almamater

Theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2007 at 10:12pm | IP Logged Quote Theresa

You know... I really don't need a blog for it. I have a weekly table that I print out with each subject covered by day and when we finish it, whe just put an x through it. I can see at a glance whats done or whats not done and I have a "hard" copy right there for my records.

Now... don't hold me to this.   

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2007 at 10:48pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

I know another blog would do me in because I never seem to be able to keep up with too many. I keep up with the main one and that's about it.

So I decided to just open a category simply called "Learning Notes. If I post about our day or week, it goes under that category. Otherwise, I'm not neglecting another blog.

It is a great means of accountability though. Especially if you dh is one to ask "What did you do all day?"

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

Willa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 22 2007 at 10:55am | IP Logged Quote Willa

MIne's in my signature -- the second one -- I started it last May.   I'm glad you are collecting them since I knew there were some I was missing -- I have Amy's and Elizabeth's and Melissa's. For some reason I really like reading them!

Take Up and Read
Back to Top View Willa's Profile Search for other posts by Willa

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 22 2007 at 11:59am | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

My dc are younger, and I have kept a notebook for about a year now, and just recently started to 'blog it.' I like the "neatness" of a blog...that it "looks nice"....it's more of a motivation to keep it up. Mine takes maybe about 5-10 minutes every night to type in....but I'm doing only K and pre-K stuff, as they get older, it will probably take more time. DH likes to read it....makes him feel like we are actually "doing something"    I'll link later.

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 22 2007 at 12:01pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

WJFR wrote:
For some reason I really like reading them!

Me too! For newbies with young children, it helps to see what a CM type of home-educating "looks like." It's very helpful.

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 22 2007 at 12:42pm | IP Logged Quote Bridget

suzgallus wrote:
   DH likes to read it....makes him feel like we are actually "doing something"    I'll link later.

Oooh, oooh, this is brilliant! My DH likes to see thoughts organized and written out so he can read them on the computer. (For some reason it has to be the computer, not paper.) I really don't need this so i never thought about how much it would help him to see how real learning type schooling works.

That is one of the reasons we enrolled in a program this year. He can read the goals and daily steps to the goal.

If I organize our schooling on blog... oh this has such possibilities!

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

KellyinPA
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 22 2007 at 2:29pm | IP Logged Quote KellyinPA

Elizabeth wrote:
No. You don't . and I think that the daily notes blog can really be difficult. I've wanted to do this for a really long time--since macBeth first mentioned many years ago that she kept a notebook journal--a planbook in reverse. And I wish I'd started then. It really does give you great perspective on what you've done, what you've not done, what you wish you'd done. But I don't think it needs to be a blog. I suggested that Amy blog it because she was looking for accountability. It's great for that! I'm not sure how long I'm in the game though if I have to tell the world every time I get behind on the laundry

I can only imagine how much time keeping another blog takes up in your day, Elizabeth. But can I tell you that I really enjoy reading it Even about the undone laundry because it's so REAL:) I love seeing how you incorporate learning into a full day of loving and caring for your home and family. This is NOT to put any kind of a guilt trip on you, if you should decide to drop it. Just to let you know that I, for one, am really benefiting from it.

the abundant life
Back to Top View KellyinPA's Profile Search for other posts by KellyinPA

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Jan 22 2007 at 3:17pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

I'm benefitting, too! I started it to answer the questions I was getting via email and the blog. People wanted to know about laundry and meals and such as much as they wanted to know about curriculum. That's why the laundry is in there. And it's chronicling the "other stuff" that is actually hard. Just a list of academics is pretty simple.It takes a different format to
"show" people how we're getting it all in. Seems like people want to know "when" things got accomplished as much as they want to know "what."
After awhile, it will be common knowledge when I do the laundry and I think the "Little Things" blog will be more just a list of the academics.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Willa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 22 2007 at 4:20pm | IP Logged Quote Willa

suzgallus wrote:
My dc are younger, and I have kept a notebook for about a year now, and just recently started to 'blog it.' I like the "neatness" of a blog...that it "looks nice"....it's more of a motivation to keep it up.

This is exactly what I like about using the blog.   I've had some private ones for a looong time for household trivia and personal notes to myself.   Lifts my spirits so much more to see nice format and neat font rather than my messy scribbles or a microsoft doc.

Take Up and Read
Back to Top View Willa's Profile Search for other posts by Willa

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 22 2007 at 4:43pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Theresa in MN wrote:
We are supposed to keep up with the laundry?   

I don't tell people about my laundry just our learning and it's mostly notes for me. I share mine on my sidebar because I get LOTS of emails asking me how my day unfolds (no pun intended)! So here's my link, and no one really needs another blog , but if it works for you, go for it!

Mine is: Mama's Muse

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 22 2007 at 6:32pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

I have been writing about the laundry, meals, etc, mostly for my own benefit. Seeing it all on paper day after day helps me see the places things aren't working - how I can change things for the better. If I just put down our academics, especially right now when we are very workbooky, it would be even MORE boring than it is already.

I think eventually it will morph into more of a list without being so wordy, but still include some meal selections, chores, and schooling.

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

Page of 3 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version