Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Crochet Along Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 01 2007 at 2:38pm | IP Logged Quote nissag

I'm hosting a crochet along on my weblog if anyone would like to join in. The instructions are available there for a baby's size 1-2yr. When you've finished the project, send me a photo and I'll put it up with the others!

I can't wait to see what the others will look like!

Crochet-Along Link

At Home With the Gadbois Family

Back to Top View nissag's Profile Search for other posts by nissag Visit nissag's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 01 2007 at 3:25pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Lovely idea, Nissa! Are these written by you? Do you have pictures of a finished project? And do you have a version for 3-4 year olds?

Although I love knitting, and think it's prettier, crochet was my passion for years. You are sorely tempting me....

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 01 2007 at 3:42pm | IP Logged Quote nissag

Hi there Jenn,

This is Bern's pattern - I developed the thumbless one from that when I was making a pair for my cousin's new baby Kassidy. I'm working on the first crochet-along pair as I'm sitting here (did you know that a computer monitor makes a pretty good worklight?). I'll post a photo as soon as I'm done. With a bit of luck, I'll be finished with the play pair tonight!

Size 3-4 is available on the instruction sheet, as are infant thumbless, children's 5-7, children's 8-10, adult small and adult medium.

Back to Top View nissag's Profile Search for other posts by nissag Visit nissag's Homepage

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 02 2007 at 10:31am | IP Logged Quote nissag

Mitten pictures are up! These were crocheted using acrylic yarn. I'm not 100% pleased with the end result. I am a fibre snob and really do prefer natural fibre yarns... I'm working up some adult ones out of Brown Sheep "Lamb's Pride". I'll post pictures as soon as I'm done.

Thank you so much for your pattern order, Jenn! It'll go out this week!

Theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 06 2007 at 6:25pm | IP Logged Quote Theresa

How fun. I've used this pattern before. I have a ministry at our church called World of Warmth and there are a few of us who crochet hats, mittens and scarves to send to different ministries.

Blessings,
Theresa in MN
Back to Top View Theresa's Profile Search for other posts by Theresa Visit Theresa's Homepage

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 14 2007 at 5:49pm | IP Logged Quote nissag

How are those mittens coming ladies? I can't wait to see them. I've finished a pair of adult mediums made from Lamb's Pride wool (not the superwash) in natural. They're yummy! I'll add a photo to the post tomorrow. I've got to get the Cotton Fine ones on the hook. And I'm trying to find some that I'd made with Koigu a couple years ago. That stuff is positively delicious to work with!

Did everyone get the patterns they ordered yet? I was late getting them out because I wanted to make sure that they made sense first, double check the accuracy, etc.

If you are just coming to the crochet along and want more info, there's a permalink in the original post.

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 14 2007 at 5:51pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

nissag wrote:
Did everyone get the patterns they ordered yet? I was late getting them out because I wanted to make sure that they made sense first, double check the accuracy, etc.

If you are just coming to the crochet along and want more info, there's a permalink in the original post.

Mine hasn't come yet. But that's okay. We're working on Christmas decorations and making our Lenten cross.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 16 2007 at 4:31pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Nissa, I received the instructions. They are so beautiful and professional looking.

Now, what about sport weight yarn?

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 16 2007 at 4:44pm | IP Logged Quote nissag

Oh, I'm so happy! I'm glad you like them. There are more coming. We're doing a muffetee pattern, a vintage hat pattern (so sweet!), and a really nice cowl necked sweater pattern soon - those are all knit.

My husband is telling me to design a binder to keep them in, but those things are so personal, I don't know...

Anyway... Sport yarn... Hmmm... I guess I'd try making the next size up with an "F" or "G" hook.

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 16 2007 at 4:55pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

nissag wrote:
Oh, I'm so happy! I'm glad you like them. There are more coming. We're doing a muffetee pattern, a vintage hat pattern (so sweet!), and a really nice cowl necked sweater pattern soon - those are all knit.

My husband is telling me to design a binder to keep them in, but those things are so personal, I don't know...

I love gobbling up those old vintage patterns. The binder is a good idea. I have several free-to-me binders that hold some of my patterns and books. Problem is they don't all fit. My favorite pattern I bought was a print-out like yours, but it was already enclosed in the plastic sleeve to insert in a binder. The instructions are still intact, no stains, thanks to that sleeve.

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 16 2007 at 5:07pm | IP Logged Quote nissag

JennGM wrote:

My favorite pattern I bought was a print-out like yours, but it was already enclosed in the plastic sleeve to insert in a binder. The instructions are still intact, no stains, thanks to that sleeve.

I'm thinking about doing that with the next print. We had also considered laminating them so that crafters could write on them with an erasable marker. What do you think? I think the price would have to go up by about .50 or so...

Anyway... Can't WAIT to see everyone's mittens. You can email me (I think it's on my profile) with your pictures and I'll load them up. Also if you blog about it, I'll link the picture to your blog.

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 20 2007 at 10:04am | IP Logged Quote nissag

How are they coming, gals? Any questions, problems?

I just realized I haven't posted pictures of the adult mittens I made for myself...   

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 26 2007 at 1:06pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Had to relay this story, Nissa. I just started this week and I'm using some blue cotton yarn. Ds just spied the work and asked about it, so I said it was mittens. "For me?"

"Yes, do you like the color?"

"Yes, I do. But I would really like white mittens."

Seems that Jan Brett's book has inspired him to own his own pair of hard to find white mittens.

I only have a small bit of white yarn from his baby blanket, but I do think I'll answer his request.

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 26 2007 at 1:50pm | IP Logged Quote nissag

Awwwww, that's so sweet! Good thing they work up so quickly!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version