Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Fun - Do you have recurring dreams? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Jen L.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 09 2006 at 8:17pm | IP Logged Quote Jen L.

From another thread...
Angie Mc wrote:
Marybeth wrote:
I still have nightmares about finals!

Is it the one where you are walking around a hallway very confused and they tell you that you have to come in a room and take an exam but you had no idea and hadn't studied? Or the one where you are running down the (same) hall and the door is closing ever so slowly and you know once it is closed you will miss the exam and be penalized forever? (that one actually happened to me and I slipped in just in time!) I digress ...

LOL I regularly have the one where I know I have an exam but I haven't been to class all semester and I'm not even sure where the classroom is!

The other one that I have is that I'm either going to the airport or I'm at the airport for an international trip and I can't find my passport!

Do you have any? Please share!

Back to Top View Jen L.'s Profile Search for other posts by Jen L.

Marybeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 09 2006 at 9:27pm | IP Logged Quote Marybeth

Yes, Dr. Keenan from my former days at Francisan University, tells me I took all the wrong finals, need to take further classes for graduation and they aren't offered the next semester.
I am always wearing outfits I wore in college and have the exact same hair and glasses from 1995. It will be even more of a nightmare in 20 years when the fashions will look even more hideous!!!

Marybeth

Courtney
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 09 2006 at 10:59pm | IP Logged Quote Courtney

Wow! I thought I was the only one who had the finals dream! Mine, too, is that I haven't been to class all semester and have finals. It's usually a history test. I get this dream when I have any big stress going on. I always thought it was b/c I skipped a few too many classes in my early college days .

Back to Top View Courtney's Profile Search for other posts by Courtney

anniemm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 12:04am | IP Logged Quote anniemm

I have the testing dreams too! Usually for high school science or math. I get to the exam and realize I hadn't been there all semester...when I wake up it is such a relief! I wonder why we have these dreams; it's good to know I'm not alone!   

When I'm pregnant (which I currently am, so it's on my mind) I *ALWAYS* have water dreams...a whole spectrum of them, good and bad. Drowning, swimming, ocean, once I dreamed I was in a giant fish aquarium in someone's house. It's crazy.

Mama to four little girls (04), (05), (07), (09),& my 1st little guy 11/11
www.hiswillmypeace.com
Back to Top View anniemm's Profile Search for other posts by anniemm Visit anniemm's Homepage

Kathryn UK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 3:16am | IP Logged Quote Kathryn UK

For me it is the one where I have to catch a train to get somewhere important by a certain time, and I keep getting delayed and never quite get there.

Punctuality isn't my strong point (I'm rarely very late, but I'm always scrambling to get places on time) and I used to commute by train, so it's easy enough to see where that one comes from

Back to Top View Kathryn UK's Profile Search for other posts by Kathryn UK

Becky Parker
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 5:17am | IP Logged Quote Becky Parker

Well, I think I had dreams about finals when I was in college - same Dr. Keenan type dreams mentioned by Marybeth above! (When did you graduate Marybeth?) Anyway, now that I am pregnant and whenever I'm pregnant I always dream about bizarre things regarding the child. I remember with my very first pregnancy...
Every morning, before going to work my dh would walk the dog out to her kennel in the back yard. One of my dreams was a picture of my husband walking the dog out as usual, leash in one hand, and in the other hand was a small child, walking with him! It was very strange! I have to admit, now that I have 4 there have been a "couple" of days when one of the kids was "in the dog house" but certainly not literally!!

Back to Top View Becky Parker's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Parker

Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 6:43am | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

I don't have them anymore, but I used to be shooting the basketball over and over and never getting it through the hoop...just airballs. It could be in different gyms or driveways, but I never made a basket. It was very frustrating.

I used to have water dreams regularly. I liked those. I was floating on waves, watching a tidal wave from the beach, going under waves, etc.

I don't think I'm sleeping enough to dream or to remember them anymore.

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 7:16am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

When I was 16 I entered the Daughters of St. Paul in Boston (before they raised the entry age). I was miserable, miserable, miserable. I stayed 4 months and then was asked to leave.

I'm 39 and I still have nightmares that I'm in the convent and can't escape. They are a bit different in place and style, but always the same theme. And in each dream I keep asking myself why did I come back? I thought I didn't have a vocation?

One dream was the worst -- no one alive ever left those walls -- and I was escaping for my life, and one sister or two were trying to smuggle me out. It was so elaborate...but I was so glad when I woke up.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 7:51am | IP Logged Quote stacykay

I have had the finals dreams! The latest time was this fall, about the same time as our 20 year reunion celebration!

When I first began working as a nurse, I worked at a very busy hospital on a poorly run floor. I would have dreams of running down halls to find empty IV bags, or it is the end of shift, time to report off, and I never saw a patient or passed any meds!

When I was little I had the same dream over and over. In a house with a "fire monster," from whom I would somehow escape, and then I would be outside with him coming after me, and I would start to fly. I had that one for years. Weird!?!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one, too!

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 8:32am | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

I have recurrent dreams that my teeth fall out. Sometimes broken into little pieces, sometimes I just open my mouth and a whole molar, roots and all, lands on the ground. Does this mean something????

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 11:02am | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Nancy, I used to have the same dreams about my teeth falling out! Many times! Like you said, sometimes broken, sometimes they just fall out, but usually all my front teeth. Weird. I read somewhere it is a reaction to stress, but who knows.

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 12:14pm | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

For over 20 years I have had the same dream. I am about 9 years old and in the backyard of the home where I grew up. I have a large blanket (beige with red and black stripes on it) wrapped around my shoulders and I am flying all through the air, over our swing set. Then I wake up.

The blanket is one we really had when I was little -- my mom used to spread it out on the floor of the garage so I could play with all my Barbie's!

ALmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 1:41pm | IP Logged Quote ALmom

Wow, you guys have lots of dreams. I hardly ever remember any dreams but if I do, its as if I am a narrator of my own dream - I never hear or see anything directly, just sort of know in my head. I have been known to rearrange the ending in the midst of my dream if I don't like where it is headed - sort of like a novelist, playing with how things are going and reworking the draft.

One dream that was out of the ordinary and I vividly remember - but I only had it once, when I was taking Differential Equations in college. I woke up totally baffled and in a panic by a word problem that just seemed impossible to solve. I just had to figure out how to differentiate the mirror . It may help to know that D.E. that year was taught by a theoretical mathematician who had just gotten his Phd. The book he selected also had a particularly theoretical twist to it so we found it hard to make any real connections though it is supposed to be a very practical math. The entire class of math majors showed up at the tutoring office requesting tutors since the college promised free tutoring services to anyone needing tutors. The look of panic on their faces was priceless - "but you are are tutors! "

Janet
Back to Top View ALmom's Profile Search for other posts by ALmom

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 2:00pm | IP Logged Quote Maddie

Funny this thread has come up during Advent.

Since the birth of my 4th child, I have dreamed that it's Christmas Eve and I haven't finished my shopping. In my dream I'm racing through the store feeling rushed, and cold. I also keep dropping things in my hurry, making me even more late and frustrated. I'm at the store and therre's NOTHING left but cheap toys I am repulsed at. They're announcing over the intercom that the store is closing soon and I have nothing in my basket. I'm teary and there's nothing festive to eat in the house for Christmas Eve and I haven't ironed the clothes for Midnight Mass.

I consider lying to the children and telling them Christmas is really not tomorrow but the next day.

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 2:36pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

I have the test dreams too. It is always that I have somehow missed many, many classes and am now expected to be in class, knowing everything I missed.

Driving over bridges that break as we cross. Sometimes over ice, water or a canyon. Scary, must be stress-related.

I also have dreams about having to use a broken, flooded, filthy public bathroom. I have a real fear and loathing of public restrooms so for me this is a nightmare!

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 3:36pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

hylabrook1 wrote:
I have recurrent dreams that my teeth fall out. Sometimes broken into little pieces, sometimes I just open my mouth and a whole molar, roots and all, lands on the ground.

I have dreams about my teeth chipping, too!

Another recurring dream is my diamonds falling out of my engagement ring.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 4:57pm | IP Logged Quote stacykay

JennGM wrote:
Another recurring dream is my diamonds falling out of my engagement ring.

Jenn,
this was a reality for me! Sixteen years ago, dh, my only ds at the time, and I went to FL to visit my parents. We were at a bowling alley, then went to Burger King (driving rain.) On the way back to their house, I looked down at my hand and saw only prongs, no diamond!    I just about scared my poor dad to death with my ...exclaim...
We went back to BK, searched the floor and the trash , and then on to the bowling alley- searching under the seats at my parents' alley, a couple about five over looked down, and found my diamond!    Talk about relief! I used to wear it to work all the time, and after that, I only wore it after all chores, etc. were done!

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

Sarah in SC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 6:40pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah in SC

hylabrook1 wrote:
I have recurrent dreams that my teeth fall out. Sometimes broken into little pieces, sometimes I just open my mouth and a whole molar, roots and all, lands on the ground. Does this mean something????

Peace,
Nancy

I have the crumbling teeth dreams every now & then, too. I think the "official" meaning behind these dreams is that you're feeling out of control about something. I usually have these kinds of dreams when I'm completely stressed out about something.

I've also had a recurring dream that I go to put my contacts in, and they are the size of frisbees! Here I am, struggling to fit this frisbee sized contact into my eye! The crazy part is, eventually I'm able to do it!    

Jen L.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 7:26pm | IP Logged Quote Jen L.

ALmom wrote:
One dream that was out of the ordinary and I vividly remember - but I only had it once, when I was taking Differential Equations in college. Janet

I think the subject I mainly dream about in the finals dream is Diff Eqs! Is it something about that class??

Fun to read all your responses, keep 'em coming!

Back to Top View Jen L.'s Profile Search for other posts by Jen L.

MacBeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Probably at the beach...

Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 8:10pm | IP Logged Quote MacBeth

I have a calculus dream--the same a Jen!! I have skipped so many classes that I cannot remember where to go to take the final . Makes me wake in a sweat every time.

The worst is waves, though. I always dream of tsunamis when stressed. It's been happening for years. The kids have the same stress dream. Makes one wonder about genetic memory

Nature Study
MacBeth's Blog
Back to Top View MacBeth's Profile Search for other posts by MacBeth Visit MacBeth's Homepage

Page of 2 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version