Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Fun - Do you have recurring dreams? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Dawnie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 10 2006 at 11:37pm | IP Logged Quote Dawnie

This is a fun thread!

I've also had the test dream! Hilarious that so many others have, too!

I frequently have a variation on the "test" dream. I'm a singer, and I dream that I have been cast in a leading role in an opera, it's opening night, and I haven't even looked at the music. I'm freaking out, trying to learn and memorize my part by showtime. And that dream always seems so real...When I wake up and realize it's just a dream, I'm always so relieved...

When I was younger, I used to have a dream that a giant blueberry was rolling after me. It was a nightmare and I had to run to get away from it. I always woke up just as it was about to roll over me. Then, one night, I realized I was dreaming before I woke up and I let the blueberry run over me. It was like James and the Giant Peach and I had a really cool adventure. Then I never had that dream again. Weird, huh?

Dawn

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 11 2006 at 7:06am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

I have the most vivid dreams but rarely repeat them and my husband never dreams, so Dh and I get our coffee in the morning and then I'll start retelling my dream from that night. He is always amazed - aren't you exhausted? All that happened last night??? I always feel like we should be around a campfire for storytime.

So last night's dream was not one of the more pleasant ones because it actually woke me up but then I started laughing, it was just so ridiculous in the light of day. I dreamed about....Killer Manatees! Faster than a barracuda they can leap higher than a dolphin (spin too, that was a sight) crashing down upon unsuspecting snorkelers, stunning their naive prey.

It was like some awful 1950's movie but so detailed, I could go on about wind direction versus current, color and style of clothing, etc...

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 11 2006 at 9:04am | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

marihalojen wrote:

Killer Manatees! Faster than a barracuda they can leap higher than a dolphin (spin too, that was a sight) crashing down upon unsuspecting snorkelers, stunning their naive prey.

OK, I should not have read that with a mouthful of coffee!

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

MacBeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Probably at the beach...

Posted: Dec 11 2006 at 10:28am | IP Logged Quote MacBeth

marihalojen wrote:
my husband never dreams

My dh almost never dreams...or remembers them, but he did the other night, and woke up laughing. He had a dream about cats in France forming a labor union . Hope they don't give the killer manatees any ideas .

Nature Study
MacBeth's Blog
Back to Top View MacBeth's Profile Search for other posts by MacBeth Visit MacBeth's Homepage

Marybeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 11 2006 at 12:47pm | IP Logged Quote Marybeth

It must of been b/c of this thread...I dreamt my old teacher, Dr. Piland, was assigning me 50 lapbooks to complete in two weeks!!!

I was at Franciscan University from 1992-1996! I know someone asked, but I couldn't remember who it was!

Just a few weeks ago my dh had a nightmare which woke me up...he didn't remember anything about it in the morning.

Mrs.K
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 11 2006 at 1:08pm | IP Logged Quote Mrs.K

I haven't had the 'time for finals but haven't been to class all semester' dream in a long time - I must be getting old and it's been a loooong time since school. Stacy, that's funny to hear yours. I have the same nurse dream - shift is over and I haven't seen my patients all night. But I haven't worked in 16 years so I have to be realllly stressed to have a nurse dream now.
Recently our dear Monsignor, 94yo and sharp as a tack, told me has a recurring dream that he can't get through the Mass- he gets lost and can't find the right page in the book....
My 16yo ds has dreamt that he has to play for Mass (piano) and serve on the altar at the same time running back and forth, or that he has to play but they haven't picked out the music yet and he has to try to choose songs for Mass as he goes along.
It is interesting how so many of these dreams revolve around not being properly prepared, whether it's Christmas or finals or whatever. What is it about the human person that fears not being prepared? Hopefully we spend out lives preparing for what we most need to be preparing for!
But Killer Manatees...that's just too funny! Now we know what sailors dream of!

My blogPondered in My Heart
Jesus,I trust in You!
Back to Top View Mrs.K's Profile Search for other posts by Mrs.K

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 11 2006 at 1:21pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Jennifer, love the killer manatee dream! Both dh and I have really vivid dreams, but mine usually top his. Someone told me it means I don't get enough REM sleep...and the way I feel, I would agree!

Thinking about this thread reminded me of some of my other recurring dreams. One I've had since 3rd grade. I'm wearing my little yellow coat to school, go to my locker to take it off and have nothing but underwear. Hate that dream. I'm grown up, but that dream pops up, with me little again with the same coat.

A recurring theme in my dreams is the world is under attack, my extended family and immediate family in danger and I come to save my family and the world. Most of the time it's from the communists. But these dreams are so vivid and long, and so much work I wake up drained.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

organiclilac
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 11 2006 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote organiclilac

I have the teeth-falling-out dream periodically. Dh has nightmares pretty much every night. Usually he dreams that ds and I are in danger and he is powerless to help us. It really disturbs his sleep - and sometimes mine! I really wish there was some way to help him sleep peacefully.

Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 11 2006 at 2:02pm | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

Jen,

The power of suggestion!!...I had this school-finals type dream Saturday night....oh how weird is THAT?! I decided to blog the darned thing...I think I have book-type organizational ideas on the brain

God Love you!
Donna Marie from NJ
hs momma to 7dc

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 11 2006 at 4:49pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Another recurring dream I have is that the "bad guys" are after me and I *do* manage to get in the house ahead of them, but then the lock on the door won't work, so they can get in also, or else I try to call 911 for help, but there is no dial tone. Yikes!

Peace,
Nancy

Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

ALmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 11 2006 at 5:13pm | IP Logged Quote ALmom

Well, some of my dc have some very interesting dreams - one dd had a recurring dream when a toddler of snakes attacking her. It was hard for me to tell whether she was awake or asleep because she would sit up straight, eyes wide open and start talking. I, thinking she had awoken from the bad dream and just needed mommy cuddle time just made the matter worse. Then I realized that she was still in the middle of the dream and I was scaring her more. Usually, I would awaken the child in desperation, but then I came up with playing along with the dream, so I started reassuring her that the snakes were all outside, etc. Well this dd, told me insistently that they were right there - didn't I see all the baby snakes. Then, before I could answer, she said, "don't worry mom, I took care of them, I spit at them." Unfortunately, after that, she thought the solution to every problem was to spit at the offender even when she was awake, so we did have to address that.

Janet
Back to Top View ALmom's Profile Search for other posts by ALmom

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 11 2006 at 10:46pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

I don't know whether to laugh or be really scared of those killer manatees showing up in my dreams!

OK...I'm a major dreamer (no dreams for psych dh...you can imagine the teasing I get about mine.) In addition to the testing dreams, I have the one where I'm stuck back in high school because I missed some credits and now none of my degrees count...I hate that one.

I had the tsunami dream for years. It became so regular that one time I realized mid-dream that I was dreaming. I thought, "Drat, this is that wave dream again." So while in the dream, as I was running away from it as usual, I stopped mid run, shouted, "Enough!" or something like that, turned around, looked to see no wave, just a trickle of water hitting my toes. I never had the dream again...not even when dh was deployed to Indonesia for post-tsunami work. How interesting is that?

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Jen L.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 13 2006 at 9:27am | IP Logged Quote Jen L.

Very cool, Angie. I have always been a little envious of people who knew they were dreaming and so could "direct the action" but stopping your dream altogether: amazing!

Thanks everyone for sharing and watch out for those killer manatees and striking cats!
Back to Top View Jen L.'s Profile Search for other posts by Jen L.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version