Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Can you recommend these clogs? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
LisaD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 29 2006 at 8:30am | IP Logged Quote LisaD

Marilyn,

Try looking at Sierra Trading Post. They often carry Born shoes for 40-50% off. Also, if you have a Marshall's store near you, look there--the one near us carries a lot of Born shoes at a discount.

HTH!

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 15 2006 at 9:31am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Just reviving the thread...my dh gave me such a favor yesterday and stayed home so I could buy some shoes.

I have feet problems and catalog ordering just isn't an option. It's been a few years since I bought some new ones, so it's time. I have two pairs Naot clogs that I wear with pants, but I needed something to wear with skirts.

I tried these Beautifeel for dress-up, but when I got home and tried them again they hurt my metatarsal arch, so I was back to the drawing board.

It took me an hour of trying on different shoes...I'm glad I took the time. I ended up getting two pairs, one for everyday dresses and another for Sunday, etc. Ecco Mary Jane Clogs for everyday, and these Dansko.

Anyone else have this problem that you have to sacrifice looks for comfort? These are nice looking, but I definitely had to leave my comfort zone and pick something that wasn't completely to my personal taste, but that will suit my feet. I know there are other options online, but I'm keeping my choices limited to the local stores, so I can actually try on.

Still walking with them around the house making sure I made the right choices.

Elizabeth, have you found any shoes yet? Dansko clogs are heavier, and take some getting used to, but they are very good for the feet.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

LisaD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 15 2006 at 10:48am | IP Logged Quote LisaD

Jenn,

I love the Dansko shoes you chose! They are featured in the most recent Hanna Anderson catalog, so I think you are very fashionable. I would love another pair of Danskos, since I am still wearing my Dansko sandals and it is mid-November (good think it's still pretty warm here), but it's just not in the budget right now.

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 15 2006 at 3:05pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Jenn

I have never heard of ECCO - but I did try on Danskos - they just do not feel good to me - but then I do not like Birkenstocks or any cork beds. Both your choices look fashionable to me.
I have tried on hundreds and hundreds of shoes. I finally found the Born Knoll (mentioned earlier)at LLBean - but could not bring myself to spend the money. Finally I decided to go for them - and managed to get them at Zappos - reduced a little because I found them cheaper elsewhere online. The Born Knoll is the BEST THING I have ever worn - like walking on marshmallows. It is not as fashionable as your choices - but at this stage fashion is going to be secondary!!
Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 15 2006 at 3:10pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

LisaD wrote:
I love the Dansko shoes you chose! They are featured in the most recent Hanna Anderson catalog, so I think you are very fashionable. I would love another pair of Danskos, since I am still wearing my Dansko sandals and it is mid-November (good think it's still pretty warm here), but it's just not in the budget right now.

I'm glad to know my choices are fashionable. Sometimes I think I'm out of the loop.

I was hanging onto my sandals, too. I hope you can get your next pair soon before your toes get cold.

MarilynW wrote:
I have never heard of ECCO - but I did try on Danskos - they just do not feel good to me - but then I do not like Birkenstocks or any cork beds. Both your choices look fashionable to me.
I have tried on hundreds and hundreds of shoes. I finally found the Born Knoll (mentioned earlier)at LLBean - but could not bring myself to spend the money. Finally I decided to go for them - and managed to get them at Zappos - reduced a little because I found them cheaper elsewhere online. The Born Knoll is the BEST THING I have ever worn - like walking on marshmallows. It is not as fashionable as your choices - but at this stage fashion is going to be secondary!!

Thanks for the compliments, Marilyn. I wish I could do the soft comfy shoes. The Born Knoll sounds wonderful. But the orthopedist says I need the cork beds and other "harder" shoes for the arch support...and after years of resisting, I have to agree. It does take some adjustment, but happy feet makes a happy mama!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 15 2006 at 4:07pm | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

Elizabeth wrote:
I guess one foot grew during this pregnancy.

Too funny, Elizabeth! Both my feet grew through my several pregnancies. My foot sizes are heading back down. I'm now a 6.5 in most things. I can fit into my bean loafers again! However, I have always had one foot a bit bigger than the other. I don't know whether this was because that foot was the lead foot in my races (I was a sprinter) in school or what.

This is a fun thread. I like Timberland clogs. They have a cushy insole and seem to have arch support, something definitely that I need. I can't find my pair online, but they're sort of like this.

Hope that helps someone.

Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 15 2006 at 4:13pm | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

Oh my! Just realized that I sent you a link to mens' clogs. Well, that wasn't very helpful, was it?!? Mine (and they're years old) *do* match these best of all the others I've seen, but honestly, I do NOT wear men's shoes ~ unless of course, they're my husband's and I'm just running out to get the mail.

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version