Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Starting a 54 Day Rosary Novena Jan 24th Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 01 2006 at 4:42pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

Hey! I was just posting a reminder on the
happyisthehusband list.........and I thought I would extend an invitation to all of you to join us.

Here is info about the novena:

The "54-day Rosary Novena" is an uninterrupted series of Rosaries in honor of
Our Lady, revealed to the incurably sick Fortuna Agrelli by Our Lady of Pompeii
at Naples in 1884. For thirteen months Fortuna Agrelli had endured dreadful
sufferings and torturous cramps; she had been given up by the most celebrated
physicians. On February 16, 1884, the afflicted girl and her relatives commenced
a novena of Rosaries. The Queen of the Holy Rosary favoured her with an
apparition on March 3rd. Mary, sitting upon a high throne, surrounded by
luminous figures, held the divine Child on her lap, and in her hand a Rosary.
The Virgin Mother and the holy Infant were clad in gold-embroidered garments.
They were accompanied by St. Dominic and St. Catherine of Siena. The throne was
profusely decorated with flowers; the beauty of Our Lady was marvellous. Blessed
Virgin said: "Child, thou has invoked me by various titles and hast always
obtained favours from me. Now, since thou hast called me by that title so
pleasing to me, 'Queen of the Holy Rosary,' I can no longer refuse the favour
thou dost petition; for this name is most precious and dear to me. Make three
novenas, and thou shalt obtain all."
Once more the Queen of the Holy Rosary appeared to her and said, " Whoever
desires to obtain favours from me should make three novenas of the prayers of
the Rosary, and three novenas in thanksgiving."
The Novena consists of five decades of the Rosary each day for twenty-seven days
in petition; then immediately five decades each day for twenty-seven days in
thanksgiving, whether or not the request has been granted. The meditations vary
from day to day. On the first day meditate on the Joyful Mysteries; on the
second day the Sorrowful Mysteries; on the third day the Glorious Mysteries; on
the fourth day meditate again on the Joyful Mysteries; and so on throughout the
fifty-four days.

This is an old website, add the Luminous if you wish.

If you put "54 day rosary novena" into google.........you can see some great info

For those of you in really unhappy marriages, or feeling desperate.......perhaps
for a conversion of a dh.......this is a VERY efficacious
prayer................the graces just abound!

PLEASE consider joining us if you are feeling low.

We will offer it up for all of those on this list, and others we know, for our
vocations, our husbands and our marriages...............and our offspring!!

Here is info on the happyisthehusband list:

Happy is the husband of a good wife: for the number of his years is double. A virtous woman rejoiceth her husband, and shall fulfil the years of his life in peace. A good wife is a good portion, she shall be given in the portion of them that fear God, to a man for his good deeds. Ecclesiasticus, Chapter 26, 1-3

This email list is for Catholic women of all ages, to have a special place to pray for each other's husbands and marriages. We can also use this forum to discuss our vocations as wives.....supporting each other, asking for advice. Those who have happy marriages, or long marriages, can guide those who are struggling, or who are newly married. We can bring to our group: books, prayers, Bible verses, articles, ideas...to support our vocation. Each month, we will start with a Novena for our husbands, our marriages and our vocations. There may be an occasional book study. Perhaps a once a month topic. Hopefully, once a year we will pray a 54 Day Rosary Novena. Everyone should feel safe here, to ask for any prayer or advice. You may email the list owner privately and an annonymous request or question will be sent to the list on your behalf. Two requests: we always stay focused on the topics mentioned above....and no husband-bashing. All prayer requests are welcome, especially those for our husbands, and ourselves as wives. The motivation for starting this list was, I believe, divinely inspired. God has been pressing on my heart the need that I, and other women have, of courage to fulfill our vocations. All of you on this list will be in my daily prayers.
Our Patrons: The Blessed Virgin Mary, our guide and holy example of a perfect wife; Saint Joseph, her spouse, and the holy example of the perfect husband; Saint Anne, patron saint of wives & mothers, an ideal role model for all mothers & housekeepers; Saint Monica, for her perseverance in prayer & Blessed Anna Maria Taigi and Elisabeth Leseur.

This list is really special, praying with and for others. It is such a blessing. On the list we send out a daily reminder for the Rosary novena if I can make it work this time!)

I hope you will join us!

Blessings,

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 15 2007 at 11:22am | IP Logged Quote Chari

I am bumping this up to let everyone know we are starting a rosary novena in a week. Please join us if you feel called. It is set to start on the 24th so it will end in time for Saint Joseph's feast day, as the novena is particularly for our husbands.

Prayerfully yours,

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 15 2007 at 12:28pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Thank you, Chari. Marybeth often credits the 54 day Rosary novena, and my father-in-law (RIP) did this devotion frequently. I'm so glad you brought this up, as we are resolved to do this one! It will also help us get back in the daily rosary habit!

For the intentions, do we email you in private or on the public list?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 15 2007 at 12:57pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

On the public list is where most of us send the intentions.........a few send them to me and I send them annonymously.........except for me knowing, of course.

If you are not on the happyisthehusband list, you can post here if you do not want to join. It is a pretty low volume list........I recommend trying it for a month, just to see what you think...

"you" being a generic term, not referring to YOU, Jenn ....as you ARE on the list???

Can't wait to start myself, we have had the worst time getting our daily Rosary prayed........we need to find a new rhythm for our prayers.......ever since Anne started college classes, we feel hardput to find the best time of day......sigh....

Marybeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 15 2007 at 12:57pm | IP Logged Quote Marybeth

Thank you, Chari!

I know there will be many miracles for the 4Real families during and after this novena.

Just my last thought on this novena..it can "stir up" many trials as you go through it...don't despair...the last time I prayed this...a tree fell on our house, our dryer broke and needed to be replaced and my dh lost his job. I was sure we were being led down one path...I was wrong...the last morning of the novena a miracle happened for us.

As I prayed this novena, I kept telling everyone a miracle will happen. I had woman come over every Friday night and say the rosary with me. It was a very special and powerful time for me and my family.

We will be praying for all your intentions. I pray especially for peace and comfort for everyone.

God bless,

Marybeth and family

Anne McD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 15 2007 at 1:20pm | IP Logged Quote Anne McD

Chari,

I was unable to pull up the happyisthehusband link, but please count me in! I need a miracle for a family intention that is very dear to my heart.

Once again, I feel the Lord has dropped something in my path-- thank you so much for letting us all know about this. I've never heard about it before!!

James 8
Katie 6
William 3 1/2
Benedict Joseph 1
and baby on the way! 10/14
Back to Top View Anne McD's Profile Search for other posts by Anne McD

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 15 2007 at 1:26pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/happyisthehusband/

Anne, I know exactly how that feels! It happens to me often.

Hmmmm.....The link worked for me.......but here is the link....just copy and paste into your browser.

praying for your miracle! I kind of need one, too :)

Definition of a miracle: Something that can only be accomplished by the Power of God!

Cindy Mac
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 15 2007 at 10:37pm | IP Logged Quote Cindy Mac

Chari -

Count me in as well. I just signed up on the list. I participated in your last 54-day Novena back in September and I have continued to pray the Rosary daily since then - it was such a nice way to begin a beautiful habit that I love performing now

Kellys Klassroom Korner
St. Anne's Academy
Back to Top View Cindy Mac's Profile Search for other posts by Cindy Mac Visit Cindy Mac's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 23 2007 at 12:22am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Bumping this up............we start on this Wednesday. I cannot wait. If you join the happyisthehusband list, you will get daily reminders, courtesy of Robynn in Lancaster, CA......aka lavenderfields

Thanks for joining us!

Expect Miracles!

Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 23 2007 at 7:17am | IP Logged Quote Ruth

I just joined the list. Thanks for the reminder.

God bless,

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries
Back to Top View Ruth's Profile Search for other posts by Ruth Visit Ruth's Homepage

Caroline
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 23 2007 at 11:20am | IP Logged Quote Caroline

I joined the list (and posted my intentions)! This looks like a great group. I'll post my intro soon.

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 23 2007 at 11:32am | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

Chari, I want to join the list, but my computer is bouncing email. As soon as my husband fixes it, I will add my name. But I wanted you to count me in.

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 23 2007 at 3:48pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Chari -

I just signed up on the list. I will post my intentions there. I am really looking forward to joining in this Novena.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

cathhomeschool
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Texas Bluebonnets

Posted: Jan 24 2007 at 8:40am | IP Logged Quote cathhomeschool

I am sooo glad I saw this today! Thank you Chari! We will be joining you in the novena as well.

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 24 2007 at 11:55am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Today is the start day!

A good handful of you have joined us at the email group and posted your intentions. Thanks so much for making our Rosary bouquet SO big!!

There are going to be daily rmeinders at the email group if you think that will help you.

Carole, did you find your way on to the list yet?

Welcome Janette! So glad to pray with you!

Ditto Nancy, Caroline, Ruth, and Cindy!

MaryBeth, you are SO right.........it very often happens as we pray something this strong, that bigger trials arrive, or lots of smaller trials, or a worsening of present trials..........remember it is all a part of the prayer response from God.........the next step is ours: how are we going to react? Are we going to give up and run from God? Or, are we going to cling to Him more, pray even harder? It is our choice. Include in your intentions, the grace to respond WITH grace to God's answers.

Let's include all of the intentions of all of those on this board, known and unknown.

Now, let's get praying!!

Many blessings to all of you during this novena.

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 24 2007 at 12:34pm | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

I'm on board too!

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 24 2007 at 12:49pm | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

Chari,
Yes, I am on the list. Dh fixed the problem. I am so grateful to have a handyman for a husband. I sent in my introduction and my intentions. Thanks so much for sharing this group with us.

doris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 24 2007 at 3:27pm | IP Logged Quote doris

I'm in! So happy to be praying along with everyone.

Taffy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 24 2007 at 5:33pm | IP Logged Quote Taffy

I'll be doing this as well. I've just sent my intentions to the list.

Now to start praying...

Back to Top View Taffy's Profile Search for other posts by Taffy

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 25 2007 at 12:13am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Ditto Stephanie, Taffy, Carole and Elizabeth!

Wonder who is in the room with us....

roll call..........who else is praying the novena?

Page of 2 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version