Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Strabismus surgery Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
anitamarie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 16 2015 at 3:51pm | IP Logged Quote anitamarie

My sweet little girl needs this surgery in both eyes. Does anyone have experience with this? How did it go and did it produce the desired results?
Back to Top View anitamarie's Profile Search for other posts by anitamarie

cvbmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 17 2015 at 8:40am | IP Logged Quote cvbmom

My 2 year old just had this surgery in both eyes in February. I am happy to let you know that it did produce the desired results. We have still had to do some patching of his dominant eye, but the alignment issues have been totally taken care of by the surgery.

As for the surgery itself, it was a fairly simple procedure and quick. He handled it quite well. In fact, it didn't seem to me that he had any discomfort, just a little exhaustion from the experience. I will warn you that his eyes looked red an bloodshot for about a week. That was offsetting to my other kids, but it cleared up just fine, and like I said, he was in no discomfort. We had to put an antibiotic ointment in his eyes a few times a day for a little while. Oh, and one other thing, don't expect the eyes to look perfectly straight or even remotely straight for awhile! At first, his eyes looked WAYYYY over-corrected and strange to us. We would think things went so wrong. The doctor warned us that we'd have to wait a full 8 weeks to know if it worked for sure. And now, over 8 weeks later, I am glad to report that his eyes are looking great.

Please feel free to contact me if you have ANY questions. I will be glad to help how I can. I know that surgery for little ones is scary for mom. Honestly, he had no clue being 2 years old and wasn't afraid at all.

God bless,
Christine

anitamarie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 17 2015 at 1:50pm | IP Logged Quote anitamarie

Thanks so much for the reassurance! It's scary to allow someone to operate on your child's eyes. It's so good to hear it went well for someone.

Thanks again!
Back to Top View anitamarie's Profile Search for other posts by anitamarie

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version