Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
The Arts in the Everyday
 4Real Forums : The Arts in the Everyday
Subject Topic: Looking for a Marian Image... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
TracyQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 06 2006 at 7:48am | IP Logged Quote TracyQ

There's another image I've looked for for years. It's an image of Blessed Mother Teresa (she wasn't Blessed yet) standing outside of a building (could be a school) with little school age children around her.

It's the image that God used to call us to homeschool (long story), and I've always wanted it. Has anyone ever seen it???

I've found this one, but it's not the one. The one I'm talking about has her standing, and either hugging or talking to the children next to a building.

Mother Teresa image with children

homeschooling in 15th year in Buffalo, NY
Back to Top View TracyQ's Profile Search for other posts by TracyQ

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 06 2006 at 8:42am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Tracy,
Is the one you are looking for a print or a photograph?

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

TracyQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 06 2006 at 5:15pm | IP Logged Quote TracyQ

Mary,
   It was definitely a print. I remember the colors in the drawing were not too bright, but not too pastelly. Is pastelly a word???

I looked for quite awhile online this morning, and couldn't find it. But I know it exists, and I won't stop looking 'til I find it!

homeschooling in 15th year in Buffalo, NY
Back to Top View TracyQ's Profile Search for other posts by TracyQ

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 09 2006 at 12:19am | IP Logged Quote Erin

I've just spent hours searching the net with no success I'm looking for an image of Our Lady of the Way. We actually have a holy card which I am sure is Our Lady of the Way but wish to be certain before dd12, labels it. Would anyone be able to help us?

Dd12, is working on a Mary notebook and wishes to find a excellent site listing many of Our Lady's titles with images, doesn't ask for much I know So can anyone help?

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 09 2006 at 2:49am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Erin wrote:
I've just spent hours searching the net with no success

I think that is a disease - I'm suffering from that web searching disease also!

Erin wrote:
I'm looking for an image of Our Lady of the Way. We actually have a holy card which I am sure is Our Lady of the Way but wish to be certain before dd12, labels it. Would anyone be able to help us?

Here are a few versions of Our Lady of the Way (also known as Madonna della Strada)
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4

Erin wrote:
Dd12, is working on a Mary notebook and wishes to find a excellent site listing many of Our Lady's titles with images, doesn't ask for much I know So can anyone help?

I've been looking for the same thing, but have had to make due with a large number of sites and piecing together. There are some comprehensive sites with listings of titles, and some sites with lots of images, but have only found a few with both and they are not nearly inclusive of all titles. This one has a great listing of titles - if you search other parts of the site you'll find a section which lists about a dozen titles with images also. This site has a much shorter listing of titles and about half have images linked to them. This site has a very similar listing of titles as the above site if you search around. This section of the website for University of Dayton Marian Library has helpful links, too.

What I have done for the past few nights on my hours of searching the web is compile a document with images and titles of Our Lady. I have 40 right now in a couple word documents. It is in no way a complete compilation, but I think give a good collection of the most common titles and a variety of appartitions around the world. Erin, if you or anyone else is interested please let me know and PM me with your email address - I'd be happy to send these files and see them be of use to someone besides us. We are going to use them this week to make our Mary ornaments.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 10 2006 at 5:40am | IP Logged Quote Erin

Mary
Thank you for all this work, fantastic I'm still browsing.
I'm starting to think the card I have is not Our Lady of the Way. The image I have does not match any you posted However I just noticed Lisa D has 'our' picture as her signature picture. Waiting to hear from her Our Lady's name.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 10 2006 at 9:28am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Erin wrote:
However I just noticed Lisa D has 'our' picture as her signature picture. Waiting to hear from her Our Lady's name.

Hi Erin,
I checked Lisa's avitar and recognize it as "Madonna of the Streets". Oh, I should have made the connection that Madonna of the Streets is also a version of Our Lady of the Way (or Wayside) or Madonna della Strada (duh, strada/street - don't know my Latin!). What we know of as Madonna of the Streets is a more modern version of the images I posted earlier. Here is a really interesting article about this particular image of the Madonna of the Streets - it was not intended by the artist to me a picture of Mary.

Our Domestic Church

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 10 2006 at 10:06pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Mary
Thank you. What a fascinating story.

So I wasn't too far off track with the title.

Actually now we have found a similar card witht the same simplicity but Our Lady is looking upwards. I'm assuming it is also another version.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version