Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Real Learning Bloggers: Join the Webring! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 23 2006 at 2:24pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

Yay, I think I got it to work on my first blog. I had to delete a bunch of code though! If any other blogspirit users need help let me know, I'll see if I can remember what I did.

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

Lissa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2006 at 2:24pm | IP Logged Quote Lissa

Elizabeth wrote:
I only did Real Learning and then got called away to referee Settlers of Catan .

I'm a little confused; please bear with me. How is this better than just a sidebar list of links? How is it better than bloglines (which I finally set up yesterday and just )?

Bloglines is a MUCH better way to keep up with all the sites.

What a webring is good for is:

--people who don't use bloglines (seems like most people who don't have blogs themselves don't know about Bloglines)

--random visitors to our sites. With a webring, you can click through the entire ring one site at a time--easier to keep track of than clicking individual blogroll links.

Probably most of us won't actually USE the webring ourselves, because Bloglines is more efficient. But other visitors to our sites will very likely find it useful. I get about 25 hits a day from the various webrings I'm in--a small percentage of my traffic, to be sure, but still traffic!

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2006 at 2:41pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Well I hope I didn't mess it all up for myself.

I got a little trigger happy as I was entering my Harvest Home info. I clicked on that "If you are a member of more than 1 ring, Click Here" link at the bottom (misreading it as 1 site) and now I'm registered as a "My Sites" user.

Anyway, I made a new Typelist for Harvest Home and pasted in its own specific code from the Ringsurf site. Hope that works!

Thanks once again Lissa for all you do for us!

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2006 at 2:55pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Lissa wrote:

I guess you'll need a new Typelist for each of your blogs, with the code specific to each site you enroll in the ring.

Oops! Sorry, I should have figured that little "techy" thing out ahead of time, so sorry for all the hassle! I'll go back and reset the three in their own sections. Do I need to re-register any of them of all they all OK as is?? Thanks so much!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Lissa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2006 at 3:12pm | IP Logged Quote Lissa

Meredith wrote:
Lissa wrote:

I guess you'll need a new Typelist for each of your blogs, with the code specific to each site you enroll in the ring.

Oops! Sorry, I should have figured that little "techy" thing out ahead of time, so sorry for all the hassle! I'll go back and reset the three in their own sections. Do I need to re-register any of them of all they all OK as is?? Thanks so much!

No need to re-enroll!

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2006 at 3:35pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

GREAT Lissa!

I;ve added it to the blog -- of course, y'all are starting to get me thinking about switching to Typepad, but this will suffice for now....

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2006 at 3:53pm | IP Logged Quote Helen

Thanks Lissa for another great idea!
I signed up and I put the code into my template. So, I'll just be waiting.

Back to Top View Helen's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Visit Helen's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2006 at 4:33pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

BTW, Lissa, do you do these things a, when the baby is sleeping, b, when you're nursing, or c, get even less sleep than you were before that adorble Kelly was born?

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Rebecca
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2006 at 5:05pm | IP Logged Quote Rebecca

Lissa, I got approval notices for Babylove and a gypsy caravan but not for Heart of the Kitchen. I am not sure what I did wrong.
Back to Top View Rebecca's Profile Search for other posts by Rebecca

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2006 at 5:14pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Does homeschoolblogger not use site feeds -- I don't seem able to blogline subscribe to any of those whose blog umbrella is homeschoolblogger????

Lissa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2006 at 5:26pm | IP Logged Quote Lissa

Rebecca wrote:
Lissa, I got approval notices for Babylove and a gypsy caravan but not for Heart of the Kitchen. I am not sure what I did wrong.

Gypsy Caravan fell back off the ring too. I think it's a problem with the site ID number in your code--should be 15 for Gypsy Caravan and 16 for Heart of the Kitchen. Babylove is #17 and right now that's what is entered for all three of your blogs.

Lissa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2006 at 5:30pm | IP Logged Quote Lissa

Mary G wrote:
BTW, Lissa, do you do these things a, when the baby is sleeping, b, when you're nursing, or c, get even less sleep than you were before that adorble Kelly was born?

LOL! I'm actually getting MORE sleep now that she isn't sitting on my bladder.

a) I'm still doing my 5 a.m. blogging hour, only now she's in the sling and/or nursing

b) since today is Sunday, I've had extra free time while the kids play outside & Stevie hangs out with Daddy (his favorite thing to do)

c) because of my prolapse history I"m forbidden to do housework for another week at least! So here I am w/ baby in my lap, feeling somewhat at loose ends with nobody really needing me today.

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2006 at 5:53pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

I signed up but wont be able to put the code onto my blog until I get some template issues worked out.

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2006 at 5:59pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

OK I changed my blog template. Though I loved the old theme, it just was not "customizeable" enough for me. Please check out the new theme and tell me what you think.

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Lissa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2006 at 6:19pm | IP Logged Quote Lissa

lapazfarm wrote:
OK I changed my blog template. Though I loved the old theme, it just was not "customizeable" enough for me. Please check out the new theme and tell me what you think.

It's gorgeous!!!

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: April 23 2006 at 6:27pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Puhleeze start new threads with each new question. I don't want to whine and I'm trying not to inflict my obsessive complusive pregnant persona on the rest of the world (can you hear my children tittering?), but, we can all access answers much more easily if you start new threads with new questions. Look at it this way, Lissa will be more available to stoke your creative geniuses if she's not busy sorting answers into different threads.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2006 at 6:44pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Maybe we should have a whole separate forum topic for blogs to help keep us "honest" and to keep Elizabeth from obsessing?

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 23 2006 at 6:44pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Elizabeth wrote:
Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Puhleeze start new threads with each new question.

I wanted to. Really I did.

For space purposes I didn't want to start a new thread with the same question so I went to the old banner thread which I started earlier this month and am just now getting to.      I couldn't post under it soooo...

...here I am...creating the same type mess I had on my blog this morning.

So sorry.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: April 23 2006 at 6:55pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Cay Gibson wrote:
Elizabeth wrote:
Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Puhleeze start new threads with each new question.

I wanted to. Really I did.

For space purposes I didn't want to start a new thread with the same question so I went to the old banner thread which I started earlier this month and am just now getting to.      I couldn't post under it soooo...

...here I am...creating the same type mess I had on my blog this morning.

So sorry.

Nope. Not your fault. Here's the problem: we moved all the blog stuff to the archive before the Big Birth Event in order to let Lissa sort it. In hindsight, I should have moved all the new threads back when she finished because it's wayyy too soon to archive them. I don't have time to do it now. There are too many bedtime stories (and big brown eyes) begging my attention. Maybe later, if they don't put me to sleep. Just hang in there. I'll move things here and there.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Karen E.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 24 2006 at 8:20am | IP Logged Quote Karen E.

Lissa wrote:

Meredith and Karen, could I ask you to make one little tweak in your code?

Will do, as soon as I'm able ... Blogger is giving me fits this morning.

Visit my blog, with its shockingly clever title, "Karen Edmisten."
Back to Top View Karen E.'s Profile Search for other posts by Karen E. Visit Karen E.'s Homepage

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version