Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: What's your word for 2011? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 31 2010 at 3:11pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

I thank Cay for starting this tradition (here's our 2010 topic) and wonder...

What's your *word* for 2011?

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 31 2010 at 3:20pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

What's a word that is the opposite of procrastinate???   

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

organiclilac
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2010 at 3:22pm | IP Logged Quote organiclilac

MaryM wrote:

Whatever it is, I need it, too. I'll have to look that up later...

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Dec 31 2010 at 3:52pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

MaryM wrote:

Alacrity?...not a verb but a cool word!

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Michaela
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2010 at 4:42pm | IP Logged Quote Michaela

I'm trying to find one word to describe my need to "follow through" with plans and responsibilities without getting overwhelmed and then quitting. Part of my problem is procrastination, too!    For the past month, I felt led to the phrase...follow through.

Maybe COMPLETE -- reading Philippians 1:6...God started a good work in me and He will continue it until it's COMPLETE. I should remind myself to do the same! Thankful God doesn't get overwhelmed and just give up!!

Maybe PERSEVERE -- I need to pray over the scripture that tells us to persevere until the end (Matthew 24:13)

Still trying to decide.

LLMom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 31 2010 at 6:39pm | IP Logged Quote LLMom

I am still thinking on this. My words last year were trust and balance. I still need work on the trust department, especially in one area. I would also like to add joy, and... Too hard to decide.

Back to Top View LLMom's Profile Search for other posts by LLMom

JenPre
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 31 2010 at 7:51pm | IP Logged Quote JenPre

I think I'm going to adopt the word "Joy" this year. Focus on Joy in the simple "routine" of every day. Focus on how I can bring Joy in small, simple ways to the lives of my family each day.

How do each of you remember your word throughout the year? Is there something special you do so it's in front of you? I'm afraid that I'll make this decision now on the Eve of 2011 but then by February have forgotten all about it

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 31 2010 at 8:58pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Mary - how about "expedite"?

Well I was just wondering if I wanted to put away my "believe" wooden sign with Christmas stuff or not.. maybe I'll take that as my word this year and decide after Christmas next year if it gets put away or not

So many things it can reference.. the obvious but also the need to believe that you CAN do somethig, start it, finish it etc.. actually follow that schudule or lose that weight this time..

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 31 2010 at 9:31pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

I've actually given this great thought already The word that keeps coming strongly to mind for me is
Savour or equally as strong I could have Treasure

This is my oldest child's, dd17, last year at home studying with us. Our last year before our life will change. So I want to appreciate and enjoy every moment.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 01 2011 at 7:19am | IP Logged Quote Nique

JenPre wrote:
I think I'm going to adopt the word "Joy" this year. Focus on Joy in the simple "routine" of every day. Focus on how I can bring Joy in small, simple ways to the lives of my family each day.

I REALLY like that Jen!

Back to Top View Nique's Profile Search for other posts by Nique

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 01 2011 at 7:43am | IP Logged Quote Bridget

Fun. I know that sounds shallow. But I tend to get very caught up in worrying about finances, broken appliances, sick children and the daily duties required to keep us all afloat. I really have to work on fun.

...but maybe it's not that shallow because it occurs to me that to be fun, I have to be trusting and hopeful that my worries will be worked out. God has given me every reason to trust Him in all these things. So I could lighten up!

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 01 2011 at 7:55am | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

JenPre wrote:

Joy was what kept coming to my mind too. I think because I told my husband that one of my resolutions was to smile more so as to actually SHOW my joy. I see pictures or videos of myself and think "Why am I not smiling more?"

JenPre wrote:
How do each of you remember your word throughout the year? Is there something special you do so it's in front of you? I'm afraid that I'll make this decision now on the Eve of 2011 but then by February have forgotten all about it

You can get custom made wall lettering. No way you're going to misplace that! And they come off easily if you need them to. I have the three theological virtues Faith, Hope, Love, two different places in our home and seeing it throughout the day is a beautiful reminder and something meaningful to ponder.

A friend of mine had a Latin phrase done in her entry way and it looks fabulous!

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 01 2011 at 8:36am | IP Logged Quote KackyK

I think my word for this year is "commit".

I need to commit to more prayer time, to eating right, to doing daily duties with a happy heart, to being a friend to my children.

My kids need to commit more to each other. We've had so squabbling around here lately. We also need to commit to keeping our house a home, a domestic church.

Anyways...that's us for this year!

Mom to 8 - 3 dd, 5ds & 4 babes in heaven

Beginning With the Assumption
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 01 2011 at 8:40am | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

JOY!!!

I looked up last year’s word and for me it was Hope.....We were very hopeful that 2010 would be the year Lily would get her trach out and it was! So.....this year is about Joy. We have some healing to do, some reconnecting with the world, with living life out loud....my middle boys really, really need that and so do I.

Here’s to JOY!

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 01 2011 at 9:56am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

My word for the year is "Give".

This covers a lot of fronts for me....
I can "give" more in so many ways:

I can be more flexible and giving (and forgiving )

I can give more of my material possessions. Purge and declutter are good words, but giving is better. I can give away things that I don't need, things that other people do need and will be happy to have.

I can give more of myself in terms of being cheerful as I go about my daily duties.

Finally, I have read recently about the "new minimalism". I was thinking I was going to be reading about a new move to simplify, etc. I was surprised to read that the new minimalism is a movement of doing the least you can to get by, as in "what is the minimal amount I can do or give
in this situation and still keep my job, feed the kids, look good, etc". Eewww.   I see this attitude creeping into my own life.   

I can definitely try to be more giving in many areas.

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

VanessaVH
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 01 2011 at 11:01am | IP Logged Quote VanessaVH

This is the first time I am doing this, but I think my word for this year needs to be FOCUS. I get so sidetracked by everything that I don't accomplish what I know I need to. I have lists etc, all the tools. Now I just need to FOCUS on the task at hand. I think it also applies to how I treat my children, (giving them my full attention when I am doing something with them) and my prayer life (Keeping my eyes focused on HIM)
Back to Top View VanessaVH's Profile Search for other posts by VanessaVH

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 01 2011 at 3:06pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Oh, I knew someone was going to ask this question....

Not to steal words from others, but I have been thinking I am often way too "nose to the grindstone" - give me my *mission* and I'll commit myself to it and just.keep.trucking.

So, JOY seems like an element that I would benefit from letting into my life a bit more!

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

leanne maree
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 03 2011 at 3:26am | IP Logged Quote leanne maree

Hi all,

my words for 2011 are Peace and Unity.
Some of you know the trials with 2 of our children.
This year it is time for us to be united and be peacefilled. We have come through major issues with them both and as we were praying the St Andrews Novena these words kept coming to mind. So they have become our family words as well as mine.

http://leannemaree.blogspot.com/
Back to Top View leanne maree's Profile Search for other posts by leanne maree Visit leanne maree's Homepage

kbfsc
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 03 2011 at 12:13pm | IP Logged Quote kbfsc

This is a neat conversation! - especially because it's been years since I've had a word for the year, but just the other day I felt like the Lord shouted one loud and clear in my ear - and it's HOPE.

Interesting timing, because we have all kinds of challenging circumstances facing my family right now. But, HOPE it is.

I prayed through it a bit, and the Lord showed me that it's an acronym for me:

H = holiness. Use this year to seek after and grow in holiness.

O = omniscient. Just as He knows everything, God knows who and where we are, and just what we need. We can trust Him!

P = prayer. Use this year to really press into prayer.

E = eternal. Keep my eyes on the eternal things. The obnoxious and challenging circumstances we face right now will blow away like chaff someday - but our family and faith are eternal.

Hooray! There certainly is hope in that!!

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 03 2011 at 1:41pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

I have several, but mostly it's ORDER and JOY along with SIMPLICITY.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

Page of 2 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version