Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Across Time and Place
 4Real Forums : Across Time and Place
Subject Topic: Civics and American Govt for High School Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 22 2006 at 10:18am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Any suggestions for living books that discuss civics and american government on a high school (or higher) level?

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Willa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 22 2006 at 10:36am | IP Logged Quote Willa

Two related threads from the past:
High School Am Government and Economics
High School History?

For "civics" I have been using some of Ambleside Online's civics suggestions (like reading Plutarch) plus some Catholic worldview-type resources that I haven't time to list out right now.... not specifically about "civics" but just about living rightly and justly in society, which comes down to about the same thing I guess

I also got a book called Land of Fair Play which is intended for middle school but serves as an intro for high school civics as well. It's not exactly what I'd call a "living book" but it seems OK (a bit Protestant).

Take Up and Read
Back to Top View Willa's Profile Search for other posts by Willa

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version