Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Learning (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Living Learning
Subject Topic: What does a read aloud "look like"? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
lambchopwife
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 17 2009 at 11:27am | IP Logged Quote lambchopwife

I think there's a romantic, idealized notion that some of us sit cuddled up on the couch with precious, wee faces surrounding mom in rapt attention. That does happen...occasionally...but more often than not our read-alouds look like this....

:: boys for some reason need to be upside down doing a headstand on the couch to listen. I don't know why.

Jennifer,
Thank you for leting us in to your read aloud times! I have the problem of geting that "romantic picture" of the victorian mother and her little wee ones on her lap looking oh so quiet out of my head! When in reality my read aloud times are much like you describe! I will have to try some of your tips! Thank you soooo much for leting me know that this is the norm!!!!

God bless,
Cheryl

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: July 17 2009 at 11:46am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

lambchopwife wrote:
Jennifer,
Thank you for leting us in to your read aloud times! I have the problem of geting that "romantic picture" of the victorian mother and her little wee ones on her lap looking oh so quiet out of my head! When in reality my read aloud times are much like you describe! I will have to try some of your tips! Thank you soooo much for leting me know that this is the norm!!!!

You're so welcome, Cheryl!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 17 2009 at 12:36pm | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

Just last night, my husband was irritated at the boys and threatening to stop reading when they were fidgety in the bed. I had to tell him in as few words as possible that I thought he should keep reading and that his expectations were too high for their behavior.

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version