Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: What were the Great gifts this Christmas? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mary Chris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 04 2006 at 7:11am | IP Logged Quote Mary Chris

Irene,

The dress we received from Linda is beautiful!!!! Thank you so much!

Karen E.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 04 2006 at 8:26am | IP Logged Quote Karen E.

My girls loved their new doll clothes and matching outfits for themselves (also from Doll Clothes Superstore, Irene), and their new Russian Nesting Dolls . My older girls were thrilled to have Santa bring them a a CD stereo for their room(which I got on sale the day after Thanksgiving.) Our 3yo was thrilled with her Target version of an American Girl doll, and a futon bed for the doll.

They also loved:

A new calligraphy set from an aunt
A fashion design set from Hearthsong (from another aunt)
DVDs (Because of Winn Dixie, Princess Bride, Little Bear)

Santa also left an enormous Narnia poster, which they love. (My husband brought it home from school -- it had come with an educator's packet about Narnia.)

And it goes without saying that they loved all the chocolate, with which Santa is always so generous.

Visit my blog, with its shockingly clever title, "Karen Edmisten."
Back to Top View Karen E.'s Profile Search for other posts by Karen E. Visit Karen E.'s Homepage

Jamberry77
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 04 2006 at 8:47am | IP Logged Quote Jamberry77

MacBeth,
We got the same raquet game as you (or a similar one) called Speedbird from Sharper Image. My mother in law who used to play tennis daily loved it.

I like it b/c it feels good when you hit it, the speeder doesn't roll into the street, and you can play anywhere, without a net.

On a side note, my husband got me a nice concrete statue of Our Lady of Grace with a grotto for the yard and my mommy is going to landscape around it in May!

Kelly in NC
Back to Top View Jamberry77's Profile Search for other posts by Jamberry77

momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 04 2006 at 9:09am | IP Logged Quote momwise

Dh ordered this necklace and earring set and this necklace and these (yummmm!).

I love buying gifts from the Serrv catalog (nothing made in China!) and skipping the Wal-mart middle man but this was the first time I received anything from it. Dh received this Anonymous 4 CD.

Lord of the Beans was a big hit among all ages and the kids loved the old classic Twister they received from their older brother. Dh and I loved the bottle of Jose Cuervo and margarita mix he gave us, especially since we were both sick the week after Christmas and needed lots of (iced)toddies Hey....it's Christmas.

mrsgranola
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 04 2006 at 9:32am | IP Logged Quote mrsgranola

teachingmom wrote:

Two new dresses for each of the four older girls' American Girl dolls (from Doll Clothes Superstore and my new email friend Linda's website)

I'm so glad some of your ordered from Linda. I'm the one who told y'all about this lovely lady. I've been on an AGBuddies list with her for several years (I'm on and off it). Those gals are just nuts about dolls and it shows in their workmanship (if they sew or knit). Another lady if about to re-string an AG doll for me, for free! I love supporting these cottage businesses, too!

JoAnna

MacBeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Probably at the beach...

Posted: Jan 04 2006 at 11:47am | IP Logged Quote MacBeth

Jamberry77 wrote:

On a side note, my husband got me a nice concrete statue of Our Lady of Grace with a grotto for the yard and my mommy is going to landscape around it in May!

Kelly in NC

Now I'm coveting! What a thoughtful gift!

Nature Study
MacBeth's Blog
Back to Top View MacBeth's Profile Search for other posts by MacBeth Visit MacBeth's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version