Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Hidden Treasure
 4Real Forums : Hidden Treasure
Subject Topic: Apostolate of Holy Motherhood Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
gwendyt
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 06 2008 at 9:42am | IP Logged Quote gwendyt

I just pulled out my copy and reread it this week - there is so much to ponder in this book! However, it's been over 20 years since these visions - does anyone know if the apostolate itself (not necessary the visions) have rec'd acceptance from the Holy Father (as Mary says in the book it will)? I know the apostolate was meant to be a silent movement, but I don't know how dedicated to it I would want to be if it doesn't have approval, KWIM? I just feel somewhat drawn to it and it really doesn't seem to contradict any teaching, and certainly seems applicable to our times. Just wondering if anyone has any insight that I don't... I couldn't find any updated info. via the internet at all.

Back to Top View gwendyt's Profile Search for other posts by gwendyt Visit gwendyt's Homepage

CatholicMommy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 06 2008 at 10:23am | IP Logged Quote CatholicMommy

I too have been wondering this, but have not found any information. I have actually asked our parish priest to look into it as well.

Back to Top View CatholicMommy's Profile Search for other posts by CatholicMommy Visit CatholicMommy's Homepage

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 06 2008 at 12:25pm | IP Logged Quote juststartn

I have the book, but have not read it lately.

If anyone else knows anything, I would be interested in hearing more about it...

Rachel

Sophia 4/19/04
John 5/7/07
David 5/7/07
Ava Maria, in the arms of Jesus, 9/5/08
Back to Top View juststartn's Profile Search for other posts by juststartn

amiefriedl
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 08 2008 at 3:10pm | IP Logged Quote amiefriedl

I've avoided re reading my copy for this very reason. Is it accepted? I wouldn't know where even to look.

Back to Top View amiefriedl's Profile Search for other posts by amiefriedl Visit amiefriedl's Homepage

10 Bright Stars
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 08 2008 at 6:57pm | IP Logged Quote 10 Bright Stars

I was just reading this last night...A friend recommended to read it again. I would be interested to know if it is approved reading etc....

Mary 12, Gracie 10,
Isabelle and Sophia 8,
Gabrielle 6,
William Anthony 4, Joseph 3 and Luisa Marie - born in M
Back to Top View 10 Bright Stars's Profile Search for other posts by 10 Bright Stars Visit 10 Bright Stars's Homepage

CatholicMommy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 08 2008 at 7:10pm | IP Logged Quote CatholicMommy

Apparitions.org

This is all I've been able to find - or anyone else I've asked, actually. I get the impression the church has not actually reviewed it at all???? I could be wrong - just an impression.

But if you click on the link "mariamante" on that page, it has an excerpt from the book and states that it has the imprimateur, nihil obstat, etc.

I'm not sure what to think.

Back to Top View CatholicMommy's Profile Search for other posts by CatholicMommy Visit CatholicMommy's Homepage

BrendaPeter
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 08 2008 at 7:21pm | IP Logged Quote BrendaPeter

My only suggestion is to contact Dr. Mark Miravalle who is mentioned in the book.

Brenda (mom to 6)
Back to Top View BrendaPeter's Profile Search for other posts by BrendaPeter

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 08 2008 at 8:55pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

CatholicMommy wrote:
Apparitions.org

I was looking at the same site, and it hasn't been updated since 2004 according to the page.

CatholicMommy wrote:
This is all I've been able to find - or anyone else I've asked, actually. I get the impression the church has not actually reviewed it at all???? I could be wrong - just an impression.

But if you click on the link "mariamante" on that page, it has an excerpt from the book and states that it has the imprimateur, nihil obstat, etc.

The book does have an imprimatur and nihil obstat, but that is a declaration that the book contains nothing contrary to the teachings of the Church. But it isn't a judgement or statement one way or another on the visions.

I couldn't find any bishop's judgment on the visions. I was going to suggest the same advice as Brenda, ask Dr. Miravalle.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

12stars
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 11 2008 at 12:15am | IP Logged Quote 12stars

I just got the book and I have been reading it also. It is almost a coincidence that I was able to buy it. But that is another story.
I think that when we are presented with things like this praying along with fasting really helps.

Which brings me to another question on fasting and nursing but I will ask it seperately

Back to Top View 12stars's Profile Search for other posts by 12stars Visit 12stars's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version