Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Pregnant Mothers Check In! :) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 29 2008 at 2:09pm | IP Logged Quote juststartn

5+ wks, edd 3/30..I'm looking at midwives who may be willing to do a VBAC at home...but we'll see. Don't know how DH will feel about it, though, much less the midwives (I labor pretty quickly, generally speaking).

The girls all want a brother (altho one wants another set of twins--brother AND sister this time, Mommy! LOL)

Rachel

Sophia 4/19/04
John 5/7/07
David 5/7/07
Ava Maria, in the arms of Jesus, 9/5/08
Back to Top View juststartn's Profile Search for other posts by juststartn

Jess
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 29 2008 at 2:11pm | IP Logged Quote Jess

Hijacking here too!
Elizabeth, I just wanted to say that the same thing happened with my last baby. The placenta was over my cervix and I was hoping to have a VBA2C. Thankfully it creeped up throughout the rest of the pregnancy and did not implant in the c-section scar and was way out of the way by delivery which was a successful VBA2C. Praying that everything turns out well for you and your baby girl.

wife to dh('96)
mama to dd(13), dd(11), ds(9), dd(6), and dd (2), and baby girl born Sept 14!
star cottage

Back to Top View Jess's Profile Search for other posts by Jess

DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 29 2008 at 2:28pm | IP Logged Quote DominaCaeli

I am 14 weeks now, due at the end of January. I have an appointment with my new ob-gyn this afternoon and I'm hoping it goes well--I'll be so relieved to have my doctor search over with for now! My nausea is clearing up, but I still have so many food aversions that my poor husband has been having the same three things or so for dinner for the last two months.    He is such a good sport. My eight-months-pregnant sister-in-law is coming into town this weekend, which should be lots of fun; we are looking forward to comparing notes!

I'm so happy to be in the company of all of you!

And Bridget--congratulations!! That is such blessed news.

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 29 2008 at 2:32pm | IP Logged Quote nissag

Hooray Bridget! I knew you shouldn't have cleaned out the baby stuff.

Many prayers attending you, dear.

Blessings,

At Home With the Gadbois Family

Back to Top View nissag's Profile Search for other posts by nissag Visit nissag's Homepage

missionfamily
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 29 2008 at 4:24pm | IP Logged Quote missionfamily

Oh Bridget....YEAH! I'll be praying.

Footprints on the Fridge
Back to Top View missionfamily's Profile Search for other posts by missionfamily Visit missionfamily's Homepage

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 29 2008 at 4:41pm | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

I will be 33 weeks on Thursday! My first came on his due date, but my second came at 35 1/2!! It was a week too soon to deliver at the Birth Center--so, praying that this baby waits a bit longer!

Its been a difficult pregnancy in that I had the flu and a double ear infection in February to go along with the m/s, and I had food poisoning in May So, I have kept my weight quite low, BUT I would NOT recommend this method of weight control during pregnancy, lol.

The pregnancy itself has gone quite smoothly, and we are excited to hold this little one and find out whether it is a boy or a girl--though, we will gladly wait longer than last time!

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: July 29 2008 at 4:55pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Here's the update: No real change on the restrictions. They're being extra cautious. And they believe it's going to move and don't want any bleeding episodes which could be "strikes against" a VBAC. That seems reasonable. I asked straight out about placenta accreta and she showed me where the radiologist's report said there was no sign of it. They could have missed it but they color-enhanced the sonogram and that usually shows it. It's a marginal previa. It doesn't cover the cervix but comes up to it. So, now we wait and pray real hard until 28 weeks, which is mid-September. Thanks so much for your prayers and your concern and all the positive stories people have taken the time to share with me. I'm very much appreciative.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 29 2008 at 4:57pm | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

I'm sending even more fervent prayers for you, my friend!

jdostalik
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 29 2008 at 5:29pm | IP Logged Quote jdostalik

Praying for all you pregnant mommies! Bridget, I am soooo thrilled for you. I will be praying especially to Ven. Zelie for a healthy pregnancy for you. Elizabeth, so glad that there is no change and they are hopeful that all will be well.
Hugs to all.

Let the Little Ones Come

Back to Top View jdostalik's Profile Search for other posts by jdostalik Visit jdostalik's Homepage

momwats8
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 29 2008 at 7:39pm | IP Logged Quote momwats8

Bridget - I am soo happy for you. I am praying very hard - I so know how you are feeling!!

Hopefully I will see you here in the near future!!!

http://www.momwats8.blogspot.com
Back to Top View momwats8's Profile Search for other posts by momwats8 Visit momwats8's Homepage

kristina
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 29 2008 at 9:40pm | IP Logged Quote kristina

I had a dating ultrasound last Thursday and it revealed that I am due February 1st. The radiologist reported all good things to my midwives' office. I am still pinching myself. We are over the moon - especially the children!

Bridget, I know just what you are feeling, too. After three losses in the past two years I was a bit afraid to get my hopes up. I have actually taken great comfort in every bout of fatigue and nausea, hoping all the while that they are indicators of a growing baby.

Having lost all track of time, I thought I was only about nine weeks along. I see the midwife next Wednesday for my first office visit when I will be 14 weeks along already.

I beg all of your prayers that this pregnancy will continue to proceed well. I am thankful to be included in the prayers before the feet of The Pilgrim Virgin, Lisa.

I have enjoyed reading all of these posts filled with joyous anticipation. Count on my prayers for all of you and your growing families!

Blessings,

yesterthoughts
Back to Top View kristina's Profile Search for other posts by kristina

Fe2h2o
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 30 2008 at 12:28am | IP Logged Quote Fe2h2o

I'm currently at 34 weeks, and all is going well (aside from the current round of winter colds:-( ). All continuing well, we're heading back to the Birth Centre where Bilby was born.

I'm starting to get excited—of course, I'll be more so when we sort out a car that will fit the whole family in... it's been dragging on a bit:-(

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 30 2008 at 4:39am | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

Kristina!!! Wonderful News! I am so happy for you. I am so glad I started this thread, a few mama's have 'outed' themselves!    I am going to list all of your names and due months, and special intentions, and literally lay them at Our Lady's feet.

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 30 2008 at 6:40am | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Many prayers and congratulations, Bridget!   

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

Dawnie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 30 2008 at 7:31am | IP Logged Quote Dawnie

Bridget, I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

I'm about 9 weeks pregnant now and just saw our new baby on ultrasound yesterday. Baby is measuring 9 weeks and was really active! Right before my doc did the ultrasound, we were talking about how active my 4 girls are and he said, "Looks like another active one!"

I'm feeling good with this pregnancy. I'm just nauseous enough to know I'm pregnant, but not enough to really complain about.   

Congratulations to all the other pregnant mamas here, too! I am including you in my Rosary this morning!

Dawn

SarahA
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: July 30 2008 at 7:39am | IP Logged Quote SarahA

Congrats to all! I am nearly done with this pregnancy--I'll be 40 weeks on Friday.

Logistically, I'm ready to deliver NOW! We've been in the new house in North Carolina for almost a month, but our household goods finally arrived a week ago. It's been a slow unpacking process as my husband was out of town for 5 days starting the day after the stuff came, and he forbade me to do much of anything that could send me into labor!    The move didn't go well (lots of damaged things, and we're not even close to being done!) so I have to say I wasn't eager to find more broken things, anyway.

I've never been on time, but this time I'm really hoping...my sister's family is coming in this weekend and all the kids have yet to meet each other (she has 6 and never was able to fly out to Hawaii in the last 4 years). My parents are already here, and we're all excited to have all of our side together. The next weekend my husband's youngest brother is getting married, so we want Mike to be able to go down there for that (he won't go if I haven't delivered.)

Overall, it's been a good pregnancy, but we just want to meet this little one and find out if we've got a John Paul or Elizabeth Sophia! Anyway, thanks for the prayers. I'll pray for you all, as well.

Blessings,
Sarah

KellyJ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 30 2008 at 8:45am | IP Logged Quote KellyJ

Congratulations to all, and prayers for you all too! I'm in my 40th week, past the EDD. I expected baby to be here already based on previous experiences. I'm looking at mostly likely needing to reschedule the baptism and disappointing family members who are coming in town shortly. God's plans are infinitely better than mine though, and His will be done.

Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 30 2008 at 10:31am | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

I hit week 30 today. We are expecting a baby boy in October and it will be my first VBAC if all goes well. I have an appt today with the midwife and her dr and they will evaluate all my tests ( I joined this practice late after being bounced around for awhile. I have to travel 1hr and 15 min just for this VBAC as my local hospital doesn't allow VBACS... )

Anyhoo, I get to find out what the ultrasound shows today...

I have had an awful condition that affected me my last 3 pregnancies...we have changed that a lot (holding things back with supplements,diet and lots of walking 5-7 miles each night), but it is still present. They found that it was partially due to silent heartburn that caused damage from my stomach to my mouth making things raw and swollen making it hard to swallow, talk, breathe and sleep. It seems to be creeping back (making me a little nervous as I KNOW full well where this could go) and my naturopath will be seeing me soon to see if we can make things better. Sleep is another issue. My body hates to do it. Hopefully I will be getting enough until I cross the finish line. this is so important to me as I want to be a good mommy to the rest of the clan. Keep praying for me...this has been a HARD pregnancy and yet full of unexpected graces!

Last NIGHT this boy decided to warm up his pitching arm...he is starting to kick reallly hard...and I still have 2 months to go. It is weird to finally be able to sleep and have to wait for him to finish break dancing in there.....

...and he STILL needs a name....LOL!

God love you!
Donna Marie from NJ
hs momma to 7dc +one more due 10/08!

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

Christine
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 30 2008 at 10:48am | IP Logged Quote Christine

Congratulations everyone! I will keep all of you in my prayers. I'm 27 weeks and due October 23 or 25. Experience tells me that if this is a girl, she will be born on or within a day of one of those due dates; if this is a boy, he will be born about 5 days after one of those due dates.

Pretty Lilla Rose
Back to Top View Christine's Profile Search for other posts by Christine Visit Christine's Homepage

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 30 2008 at 11:00am | IP Logged Quote nissag

Christine wrote:
Congratulations everyone! I will keep all of you in my prayers. I'm 27 weeks and due October 23 or 25. Experience tells me that if this is a girl, she will be born on or within a day of one of those due dates; if this is a boy, he will be born about 5 days after one of those due dates.

Both of those are excellent birthdays - My Caroline Grace is the 23rd and Louis Charles is the 25th! It's a wonderful time of year to give birth here in New England - not too hot, not too cold, and lots of sunny days! Now January ought to be exciting...

At Home With the Gadbois Family

Back to Top View nissag's Profile Search for other posts by nissag Visit nissag's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version