Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: This needs our attention! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 11 2008 at 5:07pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Laura, I looked up Minnesota law and "bias" crime laws are the closest thing they have to "hate" crime laws.

Let's just hope he's blowing smoke and doesn't really plan to offend millions of people by desecrating the Host. I think that is where the prayer part comes in.

I am thankful the university deactivated the blog link. Maybe they'll review all their links to professors' personal Web sites, too, so this doesn't happen to them again.

mimmyof5
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 11 2008 at 5:38pm | IP Logged Quote mimmyof5

I wonder what is wrong with a person that feels such a strong need to demean and offend other people because of their faith. He's free to be an atheist. Why in the world does our belief in the Eucharist upset him so much. His behavior seems childish, but being an adult and a college professor, it carries much more weight.

Honestly I see a very small person. Very sad.

Janet
Back to Top View mimmyof5's Profile Search for other posts by mimmyof5

domchurch3
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 11 2008 at 9:27pm | IP Logged Quote domchurch3

Honestly, I don't know what bothers me more, the professor's views or the death threats and hate mail he's receiving from Catholics. I'm sure he's loving the hate mail and death threats because it proves an athesist's views of Christians being hypocritical. The Catholic hate responses to this saddens me.
Back to Top View domchurch3's Profile Search for other posts by domchurch3

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: July 11 2008 at 10:05pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

domchurch3 wrote:
Honestly, I don't know what bothers me more, the professor's views or the death threats and hate mail he's receiving from Catholics. I'm sure he's loving the hate mail and death threats because it proves an athesist's views of Christians being hypocritical. The Catholic hate responses to this saddens me.

I completely agree. I was telling dh earlier this evening about this thread and the professor and all that's happened. It was really distressing to tell him that the guy has received death threats from offended Catholics! That is just insane.

Michaela
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 11 2008 at 11:05pm | IP Logged Quote Michaela

domchurch3 wrote:
The Catholic hate responses to this saddens me.

After reading this earlier today, and looking at his blog, I left praying for him and everyone reading and posting on his blog. In one way or another we all need to be lifted up after going there. It is so sad.

Continuing to pray for the professor.

LucyP
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 12 2008 at 3:50am | IP Logged Quote LucyP

I find it so loathsome when Christians start acting like muslims, saying "if you offend me I will kill you". I pray that one day this silly little man will come to know the Lord Jesus for himself.
Back to Top View LucyP's Profile Search for other posts by LucyP

Sparrow
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 12 2008 at 9:27am | IP Logged Quote Sparrow

LucyP wrote:
I find it so loathsome when Christians start acting like muslims, saying "if you offend me I will kill you". I pray that one day this silly little man will come to know the Lord Jesus for himself.

Agreed. It's horrifying to think of Our Lord being desecrated, but we should try to react with love. Anger and threats are what the man want, no need to lower ourselves (general us) to his level.

Anyway, I won't read his blog, but I am praying for him.

folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 12 2008 at 12:35pm | IP Logged Quote folklaur

LucyP wrote:
acting like muslims

I think a better term is "extremists." I have Muslim friends who are also appalled when people act this way, using Islam as a reason. Although I feel Islam itself is much more geared to violence in general, my Muslim friends are horrified at the violence that they see carried out in their religions name also.
Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

LucyP
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 12 2008 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote LucyP

Laura, yes I am sure some muslims are lovely people, but when I think of people screaming for beheadings of artists and film makers (tawdry as their "art" may be) or actually slaughtering them in the streets, I think of muslims, not Catholics or buddhists.

It is so sad when fellow Christians start to go down that road too. Our God is a true God and He will have truly effective mercy or truly effective vengeance. When I have read a little about this man (the article that was linked to, not his blog) I could only think of how Jesus accepted so much pain and punishment for us all, God nailed to a cross by His own creatures, and it was all for a purpose. Maybe He would use this awful man for His own purposes, by allowing him to harm His Body and Blood - that maybe it would be a way for Catholics to be reawoken to the Real Presence.
Back to Top View LucyP's Profile Search for other posts by LucyP

Sparrow
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 24 2008 at 3:56pm | IP Logged Quote Sparrow

I heard in a friend's blog that he has indeed desecrated a Host :( I have no desire to go to his blog and read about it, but I'll continue to pray for his soul.

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 24 2008 at 4:29pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Katie, I read that too. I refuse to dignify his blog with my presence - curiosity-seekers should check Creative Minority Report instead, where Patrick Archbold asked us all to pray for and forgive the person who did this.

I think this is very hard for many people to walk away from, especially when so many hateful words have been exchanged, but I am trying hard to open my heart to the idea that I can and should not just pray, but forgive.

TracyQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 24 2008 at 8:03pm | IP Logged Quote TracyQ

I've never gone to his blog, I wouldn't put myself through that, but just wanted to be sure that the university at which he worked wasn't linking his blog to theirs. That would be completely offensive and wrong, particulary from institutions that promote *religious equality for all.* I do think it is very important that we're well informed when such disgrace to our faith is blatant and rampant and and tolerated!

This man indeed needs MUCH prayer! It breaks my heart.

homeschooling in 15th year in Buffalo, NY
Back to Top View TracyQ's Profile Search for other posts by TracyQ

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version