Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Anyone want to join me in... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Vanna
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 30 2008 at 8:40am | IP Logged Quote Vanna

losing weight during July?

I couldn't zip up my size 14s this weekend. I had 3 people ask me if I was tired at a b-day party for my dad. I had 2 people ask me how much older I am than my sister (she's 6 years older than me). I couldn't believe it. Less than 4 years ago, I was a size 2!!! I don't want to be a size 2 anymore but a 6 or 8 would be nice. I think I need to lose 30 lbs.

I need a partner. I am a junk food junkie...and I hate exercise. I found this book called CardioBarre (which is a ballet based workout). I think I will do that everyday during July and try to cut out the junk food...and see what happens.

Anyone want to join me? <--look how cute I am! How could you say no? LOL

mom2mpr
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 30 2008 at 9:17am | IP Logged Quote mom2mpr

Sure!! I need to give up sugar/sweets! If I could just do that I am sure some weight would drop off.
I recently ordered jeans from Lands End in 2 sizes, 12 and 14. Was VERY disappointed to send the 12's back. This is the time for me to get motivated as winter is hard for me.
I am with you!
Anne
Back to Top View mom2mpr's Profile Search for other posts by mom2mpr

Vanna
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 30 2008 at 10:47am | IP Logged Quote Vanna

Yippee!

I feel the same way about the sugar/sweets/junk. I know if I could just eat normal, well-balanced meals without all the other junk I would lose a lot of weight. I also know I need to exercise. I think the CardioBarre looks interesting and fun. I have exercise A.D.D. Truly. I just can't seem to focus and stick with it. I will try to stick with it for at least this month.

Angi
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 30 2008 at 1:23pm | IP Logged Quote Angi

I am in - I need someone to motivate me!
My plan - cut out all except 1 sweet each day, cannot totally cut it out, the family still has to live with me, it would not be pleasant for anyone.
Exercise - walk every day, either pulling a wagon or pushing a double stroller.
Back to Top View Angi's Profile Search for other posts by Angi

monique
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 30 2008 at 4:50pm | IP Logged Quote monique

I'm in. I need to lose about 10lbs but I think more important then that is to eat better (cut out sweets or at least a major portion of them) and exercise, exercise, exercise!

Back to Top View monique's Profile Search for other posts by monique

RamFam
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 30 2008 at 7:33pm | IP Logged Quote RamFam

Angi wrote:
I am in - I need someone to motivate me!
My plan - cut out all except 1 sweet each day, cannot totally cut it out, the family still has to live with me, it would not be pleasant for anyone.
Exercise - walk every day, either pulling a wagon or pushing a double stroller.

Me, too!

Back to Top View RamFam's Profile Search for other posts by RamFam Visit RamFam's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 30 2008 at 10:43pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

I'm in on the exercise part. I don't need to lose weight, but I do need to build up my stamina. It is so darn hot here that I need to exercise in my home, blech. I'd rather be walking outside or going to a karate class but for now, I need to do two things:

Cardio video (Leslie Sansone)
Posture exercises (from a book that I'll find and post later.)

I would like to do both 4 out of 5 weekdays and 1 day on the weekend.

Praying for all of us!

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

insegnante
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 30 2008 at 10:54pm | IP Logged Quote insegnante

I can't be trying to lose weight while pregnant but I am trying to get my walks in. It is often very uncomfortably hot and/or humid and thunderstorms are very frequent here in Northern Virginia this time of year. I am just trying to get a 30-minute walk (more if I can tolerate it) every night that the weather allows. I only have three days of the past week -- 29, 29, and 24 minutes -- a storm was coming so we cut it short tonight. I guess I let boredom stop me from just walking around the air-conditioned house for 30 minutes straight when that's the only option, but there's no real reason not to.

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 30 2008 at 11:19pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

theresa to battle boredom.. get some marching music and get your boys marching around the house with you

I'm planning on losing weight but that's because little June baby here is apparently going for July instead

So my July is shot for this.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

insegnante
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 01 2008 at 6:00pm | IP Logged Quote insegnante

Well, I began July with an approximately quarter-mile longer, almost-half-mile-per-hour faster walk than any of my previous recent ones! It helped that it was 73 and breezy out. This was late morning instead of the usual evening walk; maybe despite my/our later-bird tendencies we should try earlier morning walks. Fewer thunderstorm concerns to prevent walking, and probably lower temperatures most of the time.

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: July 01 2008 at 7:10pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Angie Mc wrote:

Cardio video (Leslie Sansone)
Posture exercises (from a book that I'll find and post later.)

It wasn't pretty, but I got it done:)...I wish I had a penny for every time I was interrupted .

Happy July!

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

mama251ders
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 01 2008 at 7:43pm | IP Logged Quote mama251ders

I am in! I really need to loose at least 45 pounds, but I would settle for getting in a size 10 at this point!

I am really going to watch what I eat, cut out Diet Coke if I can at all and eat lots more fruits and veggies. Whenever I do that, I always feel better. I can never figure out why I go for the junk when the real stuff tastes so much better. I am also going to walk 30 minutes a day. I just need some accountability.

Blessings,
Betsie

Back to Top View mama251ders's Profile Search for other posts by mama251ders

RamFam
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 01 2008 at 8:22pm | IP Logged Quote RamFam

Didn't make it outside for a walk today, although it was gorgeous. So, instead I jumped rope in the basement after the kids were in bed. Wow! Haven't done that since elementary school. I think it's more taxing than running. And definitely takes more coordination.

Back to Top View RamFam's Profile Search for other posts by RamFam Visit RamFam's Homepage

Angi
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 01 2008 at 8:36pm | IP Logged Quote Angi

I didn't make it for our walk either today. But I did spend 2 hours picking cherries, and 3 hours at the park, so I did get some exercise it.
Back to Top View Angi's Profile Search for other posts by Angi

monique
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 01 2008 at 8:53pm | IP Logged Quote monique

I'm not going to make it out to walk today. Too tired. Hubby was sick last night and we were in the ER until 2 in the morning. Been doing good on eating today though and I've had some vitamins! Tomorrow I'm walking.

Vanna
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 02 2008 at 9:10am | IP Logged Quote Vanna

July 1st was not a very good first diet day for me. LOL I was very naughty.

I did however attempt to do the Cardio Barre book workout, then realized that I didn't really get what it was telling me to do (since I have ZERO dance training). So I pulled out a New York City Ballet workout DVD that I've owned for years and never, ever used. I made it through 30 minutes of the 60 minute workout. Thank goodness no one was there to watch me....the NYC Ballet group would have shuddered in horror at the sight of me butchering their beautiful workout. It was not pretty...but I did it and it was fun. I am really sore today so it must be doing something. I will keep trying. Hey, I can only get better, right? LOL

Monique..Hope your husband is ok! ((hugs))

insegnante
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 02 2008 at 10:27am | IP Logged Quote insegnante

Got in my approx. 33-minute, 1.08 mile walk -- yes, that is slow. It was warmer today. Not sure I should post these not-so-exciting updates daily when that would add 29 posts from me alone to the thread by the end of July.

mom2mpr
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 02 2008 at 10:54am | IP Logged Quote mom2mpr

insegnante wrote:
Got in my approx. 33-minute, 1.08 mile walk -- yes, that is slow. It was warmer today. Not sure I should post these not-so-exciting updates daily when that would add 29 posts from me alone to the thread by the end of July.

Oh, but that is the fun. The accountability to the group. At least that is what I thought.
And great job!!!
Anne, reporting in. I did not do any huge 1 mile walk-I did 2-10 minute segments of my Pilates tape-ab's both times--one Monday and one Tuesday. Yes, only 10 minutes but I am sore and tired and starting really slow.
I haven't started working on diet yet. Ds is playing baseball and I just can't get that organized.
Anne
Back to Top View mom2mpr's Profile Search for other posts by mom2mpr

insegnante
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 02 2008 at 12:09pm | IP Logged Quote insegnante

By the way, I use walkjogrun.net to map my walks, and to track nutrition and exercise I use a program called DietPower, which I have liked more and used more consistently than any other such thing I have tried. It does cost money (it's on sale right now for $39.99, $10 off, with free updates until 2009) but there is a 15-day free trial. Granted, I didn't stick with it long enough at a time to lose a lot of weight or maintain most of my smaller losses over the maybe 3 years I have had it, but since about a month before becoming pregnant I have used it virtually every day. I think it helped me eat enough when I was not enjoying eating earlier in the pregnancy, and has helped me have a more realistic idea of how much I'm eating, how much I need to eat, etc., as well as the nutritional content of what I'm eating, and I'm very happy with my weight gain this pregnancy and doing much better with that and probably with the nutrition than last time.

monique
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 02 2008 at 2:27pm | IP Logged Quote monique

Yes, my hubby is fine now! Thanks! Don't want to hijack this thread but who knew bad food/flu could give someone so much pain. He is doing better and we all got sleep last night.

So.... I got up and went for an hour walk and I've had my vitamins. Woo Hoo!

Page of 5 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version