Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Home Altar During Holy Week Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Waverley
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 13 2008 at 3:13pm | IP Logged Quote Waverley

Would anyone like to share what your home altar looks like during Holy Week? Colors, reasons, etc. If you remove all items on Holy Thursday, when do you put them back?

Thanks.
Back to Top View Waverley's Profile Search for other posts by Waverley

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 14 2008 at 1:34pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Waverley,
I don't know if I'll get a chance to post pics or not, but we do change things up for Holy Week.

I remove all the books and images, with the exception of the Crown of Thorns and perhaps one image of Our Lord suffering. I then add 14 small votive candles. These are used during our Stations - each child snuffs a candle at the end of a station so that after all the stations are done, all of the candles are out. It is very visually powerful when we pray the Stations on Good Friday, we always do it after dark with no lights on in the house so that little by little the light is put out.

All of the statues are shrouded in purple.

Our Feast Table stays like this until Saturday night after the kids go to bed. I transform the table for Easter adding a white linen altar cloth (it was rescued from being thrown out ), an image of the Resurrection, white lilies, our Crucifix is also decorated with flowers - lilies and roses, and any other art images I may have that are appropriate for the Easter season (like images of the Ascension, Descent of the Holy Spirit, etc.)

The kid's Easter basket (well, this year we're doing a family basket after reading ideas from another thread) is placed at the foot of our Feast Table.

This is our Feast Table set up for Lent this year.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version