Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Doing cartwheels! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mandmsmom2001
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 22 2008 at 12:52pm | IP Logged Quote mandmsmom2001

I recently ordered some books for my boys and am just ready to do cartwheels all over the house! Catholic Mosaic is incredible! I love it already. I look hope there is a "next book" - chapeter books or other recommended reading for older kids!

I also ordred 100 Activities Based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church and I have already learned something just flipping through it. This is going to be such a wonderful resource for us.

Now, if I could get my hands on a used (read: less expensive) copy of A Year with God, I might do back flips too.
Back to Top View mandmsmom2001's Profile Search for other posts by mandmsmom2001

MommyD
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 22 2008 at 2:24pm | IP Logged Quote MommyD

I really like The Big Book of Catholic Activities. I'm not sure how it compares to AYWG except that it is about half the price.

HTH!!

Melissa
Back to Top View MommyD's Profile Search for other posts by MommyD

MichelleW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 24 2008 at 2:48pm | IP Logged Quote MichelleW

Has anyone looked at "The Year and Our Children?" THis looks like a great book and not too expensive. I wish I could flip through it. I'd love to hear any reviews on it.

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 24 2008 at 3:12pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

MichelleW wrote:
Has anyone looked at "The Year and Our Children?" THis looks like a great book and not too expensive. I wish I could flip through it. I'd love to hear any reviews on it.

Michelle, It's a fabulous book. It was written in the '50s and now being reprinted. If you search for "Year and Our Children" several excerpts pop up on Google to give a taste.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

mandmsmom2001
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 24 2008 at 3:14pm | IP Logged Quote mandmsmom2001

See, that's what I'd like to be able to do too - flip through and see what I'm getting. I have the Big Book of Idea's for Children's Faith Formation. A lot of the activities are very young (good for my youngest but not my oldest) and are in alphabetical order. It is difficult to find ideas quickly. Some look promising, others I know we will never do!
Back to Top View mandmsmom2001's Profile Search for other posts by mandmsmom2001

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 24 2008 at 3:28pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

mandmsmom2001 wrote:
See, that's what I'd like to be able to do too - flip through and see what I'm getting. I have the Big Book of Idea's for Children's Faith Formation. A lot of the activities are very young (good for my youngest but not my oldest) and are in alphabetical order. It is difficult to find ideas quickly. Some look promising, others I know we will never do!

You can preview some of the books from major publishers.

Google Books is a great resource. Also Amazon has the "See Inside" feature which has peeks into some books.

The older version of Saints and Feast Days

A Book of Feasts and Seasons by Bogle.

The Fournier (Domestic Church) books have a limited preview also. Just plug in titles to see if they are there.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version