Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Our Lady of Good Remedy and Care
Subject Topic: Weight Loss goals for 2008? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
kingvozzo
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 18 2008 at 6:38pm | IP Logged Quote kingvozzo

theNetSmith wrote:
Dietary changes you see yourself being forced by your wife to make:

theNetSmith wrote:
Any other comments: I made the assumption that I could join -- hope that's ok. Here to give and receive support -- not here to judge anyone but myself.

-T

Of course, it's good to have you!!I know my dh has joined me, if for nothing else to eat better and feel better!

Back to Top View kingvozzo's Profile Search for other posts by kingvozzo

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 18 2008 at 7:13pm | IP Logged Quote Bridget

theNetSmith wrote:

Dietary changes you see yourself being forced by your wife to make: cut down on junk food at work, healthier dinners and smaller portions, fewer soft drinks

And now you'll have a thousand other women on your case too.

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 12:31am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Not sure how I missed out on all of the fun, Tim!

Bridget, GREAT comeback!

Of course you are welcome here! We will support you while you suffer at the hands of your tormentor...I mean wife

So, tomorrow starts weeks two.......and I have a chance to get to bed early,.....let's see if I take it

Get moving and get drinking..........water that is!

shartlesville
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 31 2008 at 3:10pm | IP Logged Quote shartlesville

Ok Ladies, it has been more than a week since anyone posted.   

I have officially lost 70 lbs and I need a makeover! Please go to my blog post about a makeover to help me choose a new look!   

All comments and suggestions are appreciated. If you hate a look, tell me! I want to look good not old and frumpy.    If you have an idea for a different color or style, chime in!

Thank you in advance!

Blessings,
Krisann

DGC Kira, Auston, Travis, & Sarah.
My Blog: Isla del Esperanza
Back to Top View shartlesville's Profile Search for other posts by shartlesville Visit shartlesville's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Jan 31 2008 at 3:55pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Caroline wrote:

Dietary changes- less soda and junk, more fruits and veggies (we're on a waitlist for our local CSA and I'm hoping that we'll get it)

Edited to add: Well, I was too quick to jump into this group. EPT has informed me that I may not lose weight until after September. I'll still be involved with the healthy lifestyle aspects of this group though!

Congratulations, Caroline! No weight loss for you but we'll hold you to the dietary changes

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

tracym
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 31 2008 at 6:52pm | IP Logged Quote tracym

My update: No weight loss. However I have been exercising for at least 15 minutes for 3days a week now. I have increased my water intake. And we are working out sodas and in more water for the kids also. We are switching to whole wheat bread products also. We are taking baby steps as a family to healthier eating. I am also trying to follow Nissa's Fit in 40 blog and have followed several of her steps there also- cutting back on sugars and starting to buy more refined sugar and whole wheat and better oils.

PDyer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 31 2008 at 8:15pm | IP Logged Quote PDyer

My update: I'm down a few pounds, but only because I'm paranoid about eating. I can tell you my fat intake is way down and my fiber intake is way up. With all the tests and doctor appts. I have only been in the pool once this week. We'll see what next week brings.

Back to Top View PDyer's Profile Search for other posts by PDyer Visit PDyer's Homepage

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 31 2008 at 9:29pm | IP Logged Quote Maddie

Well, does losing weight during the flu count?

We're well again after about 2 weeks down with the flu and I'm ready to roll again. I walked 2 miles yesterday, nothing today, but I plan to walk at least 2 miles tomorrow. I have increased my water intake, but eating healthy is tough when you have 6 birthdays to celebrate in the upcoming days....

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 01 2008 at 10:17pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

I want to post.....but I feel like I am coming down with something ......please pray I do not get sick. I am a very much needed chauffer.

More........upon my healthy return!

NavyMom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 01 2008 at 10:42pm | IP Logged Quote NavyMom

I am down 2-3 pounds.

Back to Top View NavyMom's Profile Search for other posts by NavyMom Visit NavyMom's Homepage

Shari in NY
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 02 2008 at 8:22am | IP Logged Quote Shari in NY

I did make my three pound goal for January but it was hard! My body seems quite willing to maintain weight on whatever meager rations I give it. Stubborn body I hope you are feeling better, Chari. And congratulations, Krisann . What an accomplishment!
Back to Top View Shari in NY's Profile Search for other posts by Shari in NY

SharonO
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Feb 02 2008 at 9:29am | IP Logged Quote SharonO

Chari wrote:
I want to post.....but I feel like I am coming down with something ......please pray I do not get sick. I am a very much needed chauffer.

It must be that time of the year. I've been fighting off a cold for two days and drinking a lot of OJ so there is a lot more calories than I planned. For some reason, when I start to get a cold, I feel like eating a lot more and of course exercising a whole lot less

Hopefully this will pass quickly and February will be more productive. I REALLY want to get outside to walk!

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Feb 13 2008 at 12:45am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Wow.......all of my kids are alseep. That rarely happens at ten pm here. Must be the sick teenagers

So, I DID come down with the cold......but it only lasted four days.....and NO bronchitis. Scary part is: two kids are now down with the flu ...........please pray I am spared. God spared me last year when they got it.

Anyway.........how are YOU doing this week?

Since my original post, I have been able to get to three times a week on treadmill.........still need to get to five. I DID meet my goal of one hour on treadmill by Ash Wednesday........last week.........NO exercise at all due to illness, tummyache and not actually being at home. After one week of exercise, my energy actually improved. After one week of NO exercise.......my body has little energy......and little desire to start up again. I had to FORCE myself today......but, I did make one hour and three miles. I will take prayers for keeping it up. I have been getting to Curves 1-2 times a week.....I need to make it at least two times.

As for my eating habits: I have been eating one salad for a meal at least once, almost every day since Jan 14th. I am eating smaller amounts.........and more fruit and veggies......but only 1-3 fruits a day........I want to get to five. I always find it harder to eat fruit in the winter.......I LOVE summer fruits, ykwim? I did turn down cookies at work.....but managed to eat a few for Mardi Gras and the First Sunday in Lent. It is only Lent that is saving me.

I want to try to get to bed by 11pm every night...........hard for me.........I SO enjoy the quiet. I am sure it will help me, though.

I am not sure if I have lost weight............I cannot remember for the life of me what I weighed on Jan 14th ...I forgot to write it down.....but it seems I am down a few pounds...maybe five. More importantly, I seem to be down a few inches.....

I want to get to that point where enough exercise helps me to hold my tummy in more........then I think I will feel a bit better.

Tell me how you are doing!

Did you measure yourself last month? Get measured, and then lets check our measurements on the last Sunday of the month. Only 2.5 months till our first goal! We can do it!

Praying for all of us in our Rosary Novena.

God bless!

Lara Sauer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2008 at 8:03am | IP Logged Quote Lara Sauer

Congratulations on continuting to plug along, Chari...particularly in the midst of illness and chaos. It is so easy to eat that cookie (those cookies??) when we feel "weighed down" with woes!

I do find it sort of ironic that since January, I haven't been able to get out (see how I enable myself?? I haven't CHOSEN to go out)for a walk even once...I spent all of January going to Curves three times a week, which was nice, but I stopped my daily habit of walking. (A friend gave me a coupon for a free month which was very nice of her!)

Now, however, I am faced with that old dilemma.

It always seems SO hard to restart something we've stopped...especially when the temperature dips below freezing!

My whole weight loss odyssey started last year ago on Mardi gras. I woke up on Ash Wednesday 2007 and found I had finally managed to lose 1 lb! I knew I was on my way. As the saying goes, a journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step. (Or in this case, the first pound!)

Lent truly is God's gift to us. It is a time for us to grow stronger in the virtue of self-denial. I think in doing this, we also grow in self-knowledge. Many times, we eat to fill an emptiness in our soul, rather than in our stomach. In Lent, however, it is so much easier to recognize that that hunger we are feeling can only be satisfied by our Lord and not Oreos.

I pledge to get active again and start walking.

(Now, if only the weather will cooperate with me!)

Peace to you all,
Your cheering partner!

PDyer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2008 at 11:47am | IP Logged Quote PDyer

Chari wrote:
Anyway.........how are YOU doing this week?

Plugging away. My son was home sick Thursday and Friday with a fever, so we didn't go to the pool at all. And I didn't get on the elliptical either. Monday and Tuesday were snow days, so we were all out of whack. I did swim on Monday, however, and I hope to swim tonight. I'm down below a new zero number, if you get my drift. Very motivating! I think my eating habit changes are working despite the fact I've been hit or miss with exercise.   

Chari wrote:
Did you measure yourself last month? Get measured, and then lets check our measurements on the last Sunday of the month. Only 2.5 months till our first goal! We can do it!

I couldn't find my cloth measuring tape (how's that for an excuse!), but I'm getting up off my backside right now and I'm going to measure. Really! Really, I am!      

Back to Top View PDyer's Profile Search for other posts by PDyer Visit PDyer's Homepage

SallyT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2008 at 10:13pm | IP Logged Quote SallyT

I'm down a couple of pounds, and a pair of pants that had felt too tight now fit -- yeah! Nothing like new clothes out of my own closet. We've been walking pretty regularly (3-5 times a week) for about an hour, and I've also been trying to cook and bake more health-consciously -- I bought a bag of flaxseed meal the other day and have been mixing that in with breads and even (tonight) a pizza dough. TRYING to drink more water . . .

Thanks, everyone, for the motivation!

Sally

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 14 2008 at 12:28am | IP Logged Quote Maddie

I've walked about 17 miles in the last two weeks. I haven't weighed/measured my self either. Over the weekend though my frump-girl skirt, as I call it, kept spinning around my waist as it is getting roomier. I seem to have better balance and coordination too! Eating habits I'm still working on. We still have two more birthdays ahead!

Becky Parker
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 14 2008 at 3:55pm | IP Logged Quote Becky Parker

Okay, (deep breath) I'm diving in if it's not too late!

Exercise plans: Walk 5X per week for 30 minutes

Weight loss goal: 35 pounds

Dietary changes: Cut out "junk", eat less at meals, "planned snacks" of fruit, veggies or protein foods, no more artificial sweetener in mt tea

I really want to "defrumpitize"! I need new clothes but I refuse to buy anything in this size!

Back to Top View Becky Parker's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Parker

Lara Sauer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 15 2008 at 8:29am | IP Logged Quote Lara Sauer

Way to go, Becky.

35 lbs was the wieght loss goal that I set for myself last year. I can't tell you how much better I feel now that it is gone!

Wishing you perseverence!

Peace!

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 19 2008 at 5:04pm | IP Logged Quote Leonie

Way to go, everyone! I've just lost 3 kg (about 7lbs) through being sick . But have shared a ittle of my bigger weight loss journey here. Hope this might help someone.

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version