Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Learning
 4Real Forums : Living Learning
Subject Topic: Seasons, Ebb & Flow,CM/Waldorf, My Spring Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 27 2007 at 4:52pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Sarah wrote:
However, I'm NOT feeling comfortable with how things are going. Something is out of sync. We are off. Something needs to change.

The clock watching is really bugging me--always feeling like we need to hurry and jump to the next subject. I have four kids asking me for help at once--
"What am I suuposed to do on this page?"
"Teach ME!"
"When is it my turn?"

Meanwhile I am nursing a newborn and holding a wild (but sweet ) 2yo. I feel very disconnected this year and VERY pulled in many directions.

I think one thing that will help, after reading several of the Waldorf threads this morning, is to STOP thinking we have to do lots of subjects in a day. The small short lesson thing doesn't seem to be working here. We switch gears too often with that approach and chaos erupts. Also, as a mother it means getting four people into four different tasks and since they're staggered timewise, it literally means helping someone every five minutes with one arm (baby in other).

Sarah

How are you going? Are you still feeling harried or have things settled a little? Are you trying the longer lessons? Has it helped? I have been but it still is a juggle with the little ones, they still all want mum. I do pray things are a little better with you.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version