Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: free laminating Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 16 2007 at 11:54pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

I just discovered this. Office Max is offering free lamination on thursdays to teachers. You need to sign up for the Max Perks program, which can be done online. THen just bring in as much as you want and they laminate it all for free!I have not done this because there is no Office Max near me, but several folks on the MMakers list were discussing it today.I am hoping this will not be a situation where homeschool teachers don't count. It may pay to call your local Office MAx ahead of time and ask.
Anyway, here is the link to the coupon:

free lamination
it is good thru sept 13.

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 17 2007 at 12:01am | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Update: just went online and got my temporary card. No problem. Now to hunt down an Office Max nearby. I'd love to get my geometry cabinet cards laminated.

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 17 2007 at 6:52am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Wow- what a great find! There isn't one near me but if there were, I'd be on it!

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 17 2007 at 8:31am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Thanks Theresa! I don't usually laminate cuz it's so expensive! Guess I'll try this out ...

BTW, here's the site for Office Perks -- and it seemed to work for me ... I'll let you know next Thursday!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Land O' Cotton
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 17 2007 at 9:21am | IP Logged Quote Land O' Cotton

There's a store ~1 1/2 hrs. from here, with a Chic-fil-A nearby! Woo-hoo! I'm saving up some of my larger things to take and signing right up! Thanks for that great info!

Exploreandlearn
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 19 2007 at 11:17pm | IP Logged Quote Exploreandlearn

I took an almost a whole dishpan full of things to laminate Thursday evening and they had it done in less than an hour. No one else was there though, but I was still surprised they were able to get it done so quick. I was expecting to have to drive back and pick it up the next day. When I picked it up, the lady handed me a receipt that said $140.00 with a 100% off coupon!! She told me to come back next week and bring as much as I want! I think it is so wonderful that they do this and include homeschoolers aswell!
On the way out, I bought more paper and ink to print out some more stuff for next week

Melissa
Back to Top View Exploreandlearn's Profile Search for other posts by Exploreandlearn

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 19 2007 at 11:22pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Exploreandlearn wrote:
When I picked it up, the lady handed me a receipt that said $140.00 with a 100% off coupon!!

WOW!!! Now that was worthwhile.

I'm getting my stuff ready to go next week. Do you know how wide they can run?

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 19 2007 at 11:26pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

That is awesome!!!

Exploreandlearn
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 19 2007 at 11:54pm | IP Logged Quote Exploreandlearn

MaryM wrote:
I'm getting my stuff ready to go next week. Do you know how wide they can run?

I saved a piece of excess lamination so I would be able to check a few posters I have so I could get them laminated aswell. The piece I have is 25" wide. Hope that helps!

Melissa
Back to Top View Exploreandlearn's Profile Search for other posts by Exploreandlearn

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 20 2007 at 1:46am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Exploreandlearn wrote:
I saved a piece of excess lamination so I would be able to check a few posters I have so I could get them laminated aswell. The piece I have is 25" wide. Hope that helps!

Yes, that helps. Thanks a bunch.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 20 2007 at 10:54am | IP Logged Quote folklaur

What kind of stuff do you get laminated?
Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

Veronica's Veil
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 20 2007 at 12:02pm | IP Logged Quote Veronica's Veil

I did this, but my store was VERY difficult with me as a homeschooler and I just heard that they actually turned away a friend of mine, the store Manager told her that they will not accept homeschoolers unless they have a teaching certificate I don't know HOW I got through then!

Anyway I got $48 worth of stuff laminated! Thanks be to God! I DID pray going in so maybe there's the difference? I had our CHC Art Prints laminated as we display them in our kitchen and I worried SO MUCH about them getting wet and destroyed. I also had the Jan Brett Sight Word sheets laminated and we will be using them as "Sight Word Bingo" this year. I had a copy of the Periodic Table and a Multiplication Facts chart laminated as well as the Jan Brett phonogram flash cards, etc... most of what I took in was home printed!   

I hope more people get to take advantage of this offer it is a HUGE help to us homeschoolers!
Back to Top View Veronica's Veil's Profile Search for other posts by Veronica's Veil

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 20 2007 at 12:56pm | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

Oh my gosh! What I thought was an Office Depot is in fact an Office Max I can do this!!!!!

What do I want laminated though? Must think...

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

Exploreandlearn
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 20 2007 at 8:35pm | IP Logged Quote Exploreandlearn

cactus mouse wrote:
What kind of stuff do you get laminated?

Lots and lots of 3 part cards, matching cards, some charts, sight word lists...

Veronica's Veil-sorry to hear your store isn't very receptive to homeschoolers. I know several homeschoolers in my area that went to a few different Office Max's and they were more than happy to accommodate them. You would think they would be consistant and have a set policy among all the Office Max's. Glad you were able to get some stuff laminated!

Melissa

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 20 2007 at 9:19pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

This awesome I am packing up things to take in Thursday. Is this only until Sept 13th, or every Thursday? I'm going crazy printing things out to laminate
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

Kristee
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 20 2007 at 9:38pm | IP Logged Quote Kristee

Sounds wonderful. I can't seem to get the coupon to show up from their site. I'll try again later.
Kristee
Back to Top View Kristee's Profile Search for other posts by Kristee

momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 12:28pm | IP Logged Quote momwise

chicken lady wrote:
I'm going crazy printing things out to laminate

It looks like it's every Thursday only until 9/13. What are you printing out to laminate??

Melissa, Vicki, MaryM, MaryG, Theresa, Jennifer, deep breath, everybody........what are you all going to laminate? I need lots of ideas!! I'll tell you one think I'm going to do for sure is before and after Communion prayers (does that count a school stuff?).

Can you cut around the pieces with regular scissors?

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 1:23pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

I thought I wasn't going to need it, but now I plan to use it for grammar flashcards (from Classical Writing).

ETA: The Mysteries of the Rosary from Faith and Family!!!

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 3:00pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

momwise wrote:

Melissa, Vicki, MaryM, MaryG, Theresa, Jennifer, deep breath, everybody........what are you all going to laminate? I need lots of ideas!!   

-some maps
-Rosary mysteries from Faith & Family, too
-placemats (we did at Mary G's weaving day)
-prayers sound like a great idea

....ooh, I wonder if I can get some of the liturgical year posters from LTP before the 13th??? Want to go in on some, Gwen?

...and I'm still thinking, too, so hope everyone has good ideas.

Our Domestic Church

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 3:54pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

IF I can get there (closest one is an hour away from here) I'll do geometric cabinet cards, botany cabinet cards, Alutiiq language cards, and anything else I can think of.

What are the rosary mysteries from faith and family?

Page of 2 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version