Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: free laminating Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 3:58pm | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Theresa -- I think they are referring to Faith and Family magazine who printed some beautiful pictures to use for meditation for each of the mysteries of the rosary.

And thanks for posting this!

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 3:59pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

lapazfarm wrote:
What are the rosary mysteries from faith and family?

A couple a years ago Faith and Family did a series of issues which included full page art depictions of each of the mysteries of the rosary - one mystery in each issue. They are really pretty.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 23 2007 at 7:06am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

I'll be taking in some leaf shape cards for botany and a whole slew of music cards and games. I'll have more next week I certain, I'm just trying it out this week!

And somebody asked about cutting the laminate with normal scissors - I always used plain scissors when I was teaching and laminating tons of stuff, just don't "cut" with them. Get the slice started and then just swoop along leaving a nice edge behind. So much quicker!

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 23 2007 at 12:10pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

I just called and asked about Homeschoolers.....they said "no problem!"

Art pictures
3 part cards
chore sheets
prayers
saint cards

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

Exploreandlearn
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 23 2007 at 12:31pm | IP Logged Quote Exploreandlearn

Part of my printer cable mysteriously disappeared for a few days. Thankfully I found it this morning behind our pellet stove of all places. I have been printing up a really nice set of Africa cards that someone shared on MMshare and a bunch of Seller's stuff. Anything else that will fit thru the laminating machine

Back to Top View Exploreandlearn's Profile Search for other posts by Exploreandlearn

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 23 2007 at 12:53pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Today I was at my local Office Max. They don't mind doing it for homeschoolers, but they've got a PILE of stuff they haven't done because they ran out of the laminating film. They still have stuff from LAST Thursday, and more are coming in today. So they took my name and had me leave my stuff, they'll call me when it's ready. I wonder how much free laminating they have to do nationwide?

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

Caroline
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 23 2007 at 1:24pm | IP Logged Quote Caroline

Have any of you had to prove that you are a homeschooler? If so, what have you given them?

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 23 2007 at 3:07pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

I went today, and they said they just established the policy of "50 linear feet" and then they'll charge. I then proceeded to spend $85 on school things for which you don't get a discount, altho points are put on your "Teacher Perks" card. I had to go by Office Depot to mail something UPS and checked prices there ... bought almost the EXACT same things (including a Flash Drive for half what I paid at OM ) and rec'd 5% off all my purchases AND earned points (using my teacher card). Believe me, I went back to OM and gave them an earful as I SAVED a net $20 at OD!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 23 2007 at 4:08pm | IP Logged Quote momwise

MaryM wrote:
[QUOTE=momwise]

....ooh, I wonder if I can get some of the liturgical year posters from LTP before the 13th??? Want to go in on some, Gwen?

I know I'm supposed to know this, so I gave myself a day to think about it but I haven't figured it out yet . What is LTP and what happens on the 13th (besides the first day of Ramadan and Rosh Hashana)?

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 23 2007 at 4:32pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Caroline wrote:
Have any of you had to prove that you are a homeschooler? If so, what have you given them?
Whenever I've gone in to get an educator's card, I usually have mine with me -- that seems to be proof enough

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 23 2007 at 4:48pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

momwise wrote:

What is LTP and what happens on the 13th (besides the first day of Ramadan and Rosh Hashana)?

I wondered too, and then saw this thread a couple minutes ago.   

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 23 2007 at 5:01pm | IP Logged Quote chicken lady

OK I had another public come apart! I took my stash into OM, followed all the policies only to be met with a maybe 20 yr old, ring in the nose, tatooed up to the ears, MENTAL MIDGET!!! HE told me the new policy, the one MAry mentioned, FINE, but how much of my stash will be 50feet?   Don't know!!!!   OK, so how do we figure it out? Don't know!!! I will just laminiate it all you can pay the difference....I don't think so!   Is there a manager here, that perhaps can help me...NO!. Alrighty then....come back next Monday I will have it done and you can talk to a manger!   Now you have to understand it is VERY hot here, I have 5 hungry kids in tow, we are leaving in the Am for a week, I am in no mood for this......As I was making my point clear that I would not leave until he got a manager I noticed 2 women from our church gawking at me    My dh thinks it all very funny and that perhaps I should not go out in public if I am hot or in pain!!!
Is anyone else having trouble getting their stash laminated?
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 23 2007 at 5:33pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

SuzanneG wrote:
momwise wrote:

What is LTP and what happens on the 13th (besides the first day of Ramadan and Rosh Hashana)?

I wondered too, and then saw this thread a couple minutes ago.   

Sorry. Suzanne linked to a good thread to explain that LTP is Liturgical Training Publications - they are the ones who publish the wall size and notebook size liturgical wheel calendars. The 13th is the last day that Office Max is offerring the free laminating. I would like to place an order to LTP if the items will get here in time to take advantage of the free laminating.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Exploreandlearn
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 23 2007 at 8:47pm | IP Logged Quote Exploreandlearn

My local OM has this new 50' policy aswell. However, the lady remembered us fromlast week and asked if DH had a Perks card(Why, yes he does!) She said it's 50' feet per person and said she would put 2 orders through. I felt like it was kind of dishonest so I asked that the manager approve it. The lady told me her manager was the one that told her she could do that. She called her over and she said it was fine. She also said that she would only do 50' per order unless we wanted her to go over 50' and we pay the extra. I told her no, there is always next week, and I am about done printing everything off.

I have heard a few homeschoolers are now being turned away from some OMs if they don't have a Teacher's ID. I haven't had to show anything...I did bring a letter from our school district last week and was told it wasn't necessary. I'm wondering if it will be soon though.

Melissa

Back to Top View Exploreandlearn's Profile Search for other posts by Exploreandlearn

montessori_lori
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 23 2007 at 11:28pm | IP Logged Quote montessori_lori

Oh, my. I was so excited about this offer. I am donating quite a bit of printed material to a charity in Columbia, South America that is opening a Montessori school. I wanted to get it all laminated for free! Now they tell me 50 ft. which frankly isn't much.

At least they can do it in one day. They didn't ask me for ID, which makes me want to try out other OMs near me. Would that be terrible?
Back to Top View montessori_lori's Profile Search for other posts by montessori_lori

kingvozzo
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 25 2007 at 12:41am | IP Logged Quote kingvozzo

Maureen Wittman over at the Thrifty Homeschooler suggested checking your local non-Office Max store to see if they will honor their competitor's coupons. That's what I'm going to try to do first. Otherwise, I'll try to hit the OM that's about 45 mins away during my next trip to NY.
Here's a link to their new coupon that mentions a limit of 50 feet.
Now, I hope my Staples around the corner will honor this coupon, and I hope I can find my homeschool ID card...otherwise I'll be posting a desperate St. Anthony request!

Back to Top View kingvozzo's Profile Search for other posts by kingvozzo

Veronica's Veil
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 25 2007 at 10:46am | IP Logged Quote Veronica's Veil

I just wanted to update, I heard that they are now (After many upset calls and emails) allowing homeschoolers in our local OM deal again. I thank God I completed mine before this trouble but it deeply saddens me that my Sister Hser's are having all this trouble!    
Back to Top View Veronica's Veil's Profile Search for other posts by Veronica's Veil

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 29 2007 at 10:12am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

I'm putting together my stuff for drop off #2 tomorrow and just found this cool bookmark through Dawn, Open and Shut Bookmark. So I think I'll stick a few strips of pretty paper in and then I'll be set with another easy craft for later on.

from Martha's site:
Laminate a strip of decorative paper, leaving an inch on each side. Round the corners with a corner punch. Punch a 1/8-inch hole on each end. Cut 2 pieces of elastic cord; thread one end of each through one hole, and tie ends in a square knot. Repeat on opposite end. Use one elastic cord to mark your page, and wrap the other around the entire book to secure it.

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 30 2007 at 2:01pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Whoo-hoo! Did my drop this AM, and NO PROBLEM!    I had visions of teenagers arguing with me and public school teachers pushing me out of line!   

They didn't ask for an ID, just my maxcard number. They'll call me tomorrow when it's done. I told them I put stuff in order of priority, and they'll stop when they get to 50 feet.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version