Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: Wonderful Wednesday meals Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mary Chris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 29 2005 at 10:43am | IP Logged Quote Mary Chris

Tonight we are having Irene's chicken tacos. YUM!
What is cooking at your house?

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:49am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

We love to do lighly breaded parmesean chicken breasts with a mixed baby wild green salad and a lemon vinegrette. It's so yummy and refreshing and no heavy starch to weigh it down. For the kids you can slice the chicken into strips for easy handling, a great outdoor meal too!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:52am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Waffles with strawberries and whipped cream!

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 29 2005 at 1:11pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Elizabeth, my kids are always asking for waffles for dinner, especially with strawberries and whipped cream! We usually indulge when daddy's not eating with us, not enough meat and potatoes for him, I think I'll add sausage next time too That will entice him!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Molly Smith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 01 2005 at 7:53am | IP Logged Quote Molly Smith

I know it's Friday, and we ate this on Thursday, and I'm posting this under Wednesday , but it was yummy, quick and easy and I wanted to share it. It was a refreshing summer recipe that worked so well for us because I could pick out the onions or leave off the sauce for the children and everyone likes grapes. It may sound like a strange recipe, but it was good.

Chicken with White Wine, Grape Juice, and Cilantro (Pollo a la Uva Blanco con Cilantro)

This dish combines the flavors of the Spanish vineyards in Andalucía (white wine and white grape juice) with the tastes of the region's Moorish palate (pungent cilantro).

6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup vertically sliced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup dry white wine
6 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
1/3 cup unsweetened white grape juice
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 1/2 cups seedless green grapes, halved

Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Add onion and garlic; sauté 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in wine, 3 tablespoons cilantro, and next 4 ingredients (through red pepper); bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
Transfer chicken to a serving platter, and keep warm. Increase heat to medium-high; cook until sauce is reduced to 1 cup (about 5 minutes). Stir in grapes. Spoon sauce over chicken; sprinkle with remaining 3 tablespoons cilantro.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast, about 1/4 cup sauce, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro)

CALORIES 297(27% from fat); FAT 9.1g (sat 1.5g,mono 5.5g,poly 1.2g); PROTEIN 40.1g; CHOLESTEROL 99mg; CALCIUM 38mg; SODIUM 352mg; FIBER 1g; IRON 1.8mg; CARBOHYDRATE 12.4g
Cooking Light, JULY 2005

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version