Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Learning
 4Real Forums : Living Learning
Subject Topic: Overwhelmed by choices Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
KerryK
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 15 2007 at 9:47am | IP Logged Quote KerryK

Lorri,
Yes, Ds will not be going back tomorrow. I have been thinking about giving him time to decompress, but now I'm starting to worry about all the legal stuff.    I know there are a lot of homeschoolers out there in my area, but I haven't really done my homework as far as what I need to do next. I was going to call the school system. It's weird because I'm pulling him out of a private school in another town...I've never actually used or even dealt with our school system. Any advice? Will I have to provide documentation of my curriculum for the rest of the year? I live in NY, if that helps.

Also, oddly enough, DS is anxious to start "working"...I think it's because he's unsure of what homeschooling will feel like and is a little nervous about it. He's been asking me about what we'll do and when. I was trying to explain to him that we can learn in other ways than using workbooks and he kind of looked at me like I was crazy - sad!!

Mary (6)
New baby Samuel 2/26/07!
and 9 angels in heaven

The Eyes of My Heart
Back to Top View KerryK's Profile Search for other posts by KerryK Visit KerryK's Homepage

mrsgranola
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 15 2007 at 1:00pm | IP Logged Quote mrsgranola

Kerry, I haven't had a chance to respond to this thread but I did want to comment on your last note... I would NOT contact the school district directly unless you HAD to, especially if you guys were in a private school instead of a public school. From what I know of NY HSing laws, it can be tricky and I would consult someone who really, really knows the "system" there before subjecting yourself to possibly unnecessary scrutiny thru the local school district.

As to the whole thread, yes, it's overwhelming and I go in waves of being overwhelmed, even now. My oldest is 13.5 years and youngest is now 2. We've homeschooled all along and never even questioned it until now reaching the high school years. (Our oldest will probably attend a very small Catholic private high school next year.)

I wish you the very best in this crazy adventure of a homeschooling lifestyle!

Sincerely,
JoAnna

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version