Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Belly support Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 31 2007 at 12:55pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Anyone have one of these?

I am looking for some support for my expanding belly. The standard support belts never worked for me.

Any others suggestions?

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

asplendidtime
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 31 2007 at 3:46pm | IP Logged Quote asplendidtime

What do you mean by the standard support belts? Do you mean like the ones you find at Motherhood Maternity-type stores? I'd like to know what to avoid. I have recently been given a lot of ideas like:

Baby Hugger this is a really good support, but is supposed to be a bear to get on!

Bella Band this is neat for nursing later on too! You can order it from ebay too.

Belly Bra

I haven't used anything in the past. But I am thinking about trying something this time. Do you mind if I ask how tall you are? So far everyone who's talked to me about it on another board, were all on the smaller side, less than 5'5". So I am curious as to whether this is a shorter lady problem. I am almost 5'3" ! Not quite there yet, still waiting.

Mary 14,
Tim 13,
Jonah 12,
Josh 10,
Zoe 9,
Will 7,
Peter 6,
Laura-Mae 4,
Emily-Joy 2,
Genevieve & Gabriella 1
Back to Top View asplendidtime's Profile Search for other posts by asplendidtime Visit asplendidtime's Homepage

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 31 2007 at 4:35pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

This belt is what I meant by standard. I have one that someone passed on years ago. It isn't comfortable and doesn't do a whole lot for me as far as support.

The BElly Bra is the one I linked to. I like the idea of it but wonder if it works. The Bella Band is a neat idea. Is it supposed to be a support? i could certainly use some help keeping some of my maternity jeans up!

I am 5'5". I start getting pain and pressure earlier with each pregnancy.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 01 2007 at 7:26am | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

teachingmyown wrote:
Anyone have one of these?

I am looking for some support for my expanding belly. The standard support belts never worked for me.

Any others suggestions?

Molly,

The Belly Bra is comfortable but not really much support. I didn't find it very useful. It's also quite hot to wear in the summer.

The only belt I have ever found helpful is this one. I have used it for several pregnancies now.

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 01 2007 at 1:32pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

MicheleQ wrote:

The only belt I have ever found helpful is this one. I have used it for several pregnancies now.

Wow, Michele! That thing looks amazing! actually makes me less afraid to be pregnant again! As my 6-year-old would say...."Holy Patolli"   

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

asplendidtime
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 03 2007 at 2:43pm | IP Logged Quote asplendidtime

Molly,

I just meant that those three were recommended to me, I don't know if they work, help or whatever, those were the three that were popular at MOMYS, when I asked. I didn't look at your link, I should have, sorry about that. It was a coincidence you were asking the same question that I was just asking on MOMYS.   

Mary 14,
Tim 13,
Jonah 12,
Josh 10,
Zoe 9,
Will 7,
Peter 6,
Laura-Mae 4,
Emily-Joy 2,
Genevieve & Gabriella 1
Back to Top View asplendidtime's Profile Search for other posts by asplendidtime Visit asplendidtime's Homepage

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 03 2007 at 7:17pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Check this out! The ultimate in pregnant support. Finally, a product that helps with the vulvar varicosities. No doctor or midwife I have had has had any advice to offer for that severe pain those last few months.

It is pricey, and looks a little complicated, but I am thinking it would be worth it if it helps me stay mobile and in less pain.

Anyone used this or seen anything like it?

Remembering Today

Macmom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 03 2007 at 10:51pm | IP Logged Quote Macmom

Molly-
I used a prenatal cradle for 3 pregnancies and LOVED it. Yes, it's pricey, but it redistributes the weight load. I need to get a new one, as the elastic has stretched out too much to be useful anymore. It's worth the price!

Peace,
Macmom

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 04 2007 at 8:33am | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

I sent my prenatal cradle back. It just wasn't enough support. My friend Sally has great results with the V strap - I didn't. Your experience may vary.

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

asplendidtime
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 04 2007 at 8:36am | IP Logged Quote asplendidtime

That's very interesting. I keep hearing this too, something helps one person but not another... I guess if funds are not a problem, you could just order a couple of different kinds and then see which one suits you. One lady said she ordered a few different ones off of ebay, so that's an idea if you want to save some money.

Michelle, did you end up finding anything that helped you?

Mary 14,
Tim 13,
Jonah 12,
Josh 10,
Zoe 9,
Will 7,
Peter 6,
Laura-Mae 4,
Emily-Joy 2,
Genevieve & Gabriella 1

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 04 2007 at 8:40am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Molly, there was a thread that talked about prenatal support, where I mention the one I got from a physical therapist. A little complicated, but it worked well. I get very painful pubic symphysis and back pain in pregnancy, and this really helped.

I also bought a simpler support this year from my local bra lady maternity support which is very comfortable and easier to wear under clothing. But it isn't as supportive, of course.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 04 2007 at 8:46am | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Jenn wrote:
one I got from a physical therapist. A little complicated, but it worked well.

This looks like it works the same way as the one I linked to above.

I will tell you that even though it was helpful I don't like the strapped on feeling and could only stand it for so long. Ultimately what helped was staying off my feet as much as possible.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version