Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Hidden Treasure
 4Real Forums : Hidden Treasure
Subject Topic: Welcome Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
alicegunther
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Feb 13 2007 at 7:34am | IP Logged Quote alicegunther

Rumpleteazer wrote:
I've enjoyed all the beautiful and inspiring stories. I don't really have one to tell, as I'm just beginning on my path to true devotion to Mary, but someday when I'm older I'll be able to say that one of my starts was on the Hidden Treasure forum!

How beautiful, Clare! We are so glad you are here!

Cottage Blessings
Brew yourself a cup of tea, and come for a visit!
Back to Top View alicegunther's Profile Search for other posts by alicegunther Visit alicegunther's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Feb 13 2007 at 7:45am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Rumpleteazer wrote:
Hello to all. I'm Clare, the daughter of Willa (WJFR), and I imagine the youngest to be participating, as I'm closing in on 17. Naturally that's a bit intimidating, but I'm so interested in the Consecration and growing closer to Mary.

Dear Clare,
You are so welcome here! I'm happy to see you. Please make yourself right at home.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

msclavel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2007 at 9:12am | IP Logged Quote msclavel

Clare, welcome! So happy you're joining us.
Back to Top View msclavel's Profile Search for other posts by msclavel

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2007 at 9:19am | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Welcome, Clare. What lovely inspiration you are to all of us. We're so happy you've joined us.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2007 at 10:14am | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Hi Clare nice to see you here!

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 4:01am | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

Hello all!
I have been lurking here since this forum began, very hesitant to introduce myself here...not knowing how to begin and even whether to begin!
I bought myself the book, Devotion to Mary, after my release from the hospital before Christmas. (I was there 10 days with pneumonia) It is on my nightstand. I began reading it immediately - also the forward by Fr. Faber(?)....for me it was almost like entering a foreign country. I know it is a translation, but still, the language is so new to me...I was having problems adjusting to it.
I began praying the Rosary daily on January 1st, and am very thankful for this form of prayer, although I must admit that the quality of my prayer varies greatly from day to day, from decade to decade. I do want to continue and grow in my devotion to Our Lady, because I know and believe that through Her I will be led closer to Her Son.
I am the oldest of 6, a cradle catholic, raised in a home that emphasized Mass attendance but little else in the form of a Catholic culture at home. Thankfully, I was able to attend a Catholic grade school from grades 1-5. In the first grade I was chosen by the 8th grade girls to carry Mary's crown on a pillow to the altar for the feast of the Crowning of Mary. I wore a white dress and I remember a very strong feeling of "belonging"...as if Mary personally had chosen me to carry her crown to the front of the Church. I must have belted out the songs, because I remember the big girls looking down at me with big smiles of amusement. This was the first and last Mary Crowning that I have attended. It was 1970. It probably didn't take place in our Parish after that.
While at the University I did definitely stray and was very "Heimatlos" - which means homeless, but not just physically. I needed to find my home, who I am, what in the heck am I supposed to do with my life...and such such!
I turned to the Church and suddenly just knew, that is where I belong. Such a long history - since Abraham! through good and bad...and She still stands. The beautiful liiturgy, centuries old...
My home, my family is the Church...and that means you , dear faithful women in Christ. I am so thankful to be able to learn from you and possibly I may be able to give something back to you.
Now, what I would like to say is that I want to grow in my devotion to Mary, Mother of God because of your witness.

A question: How do your husbands respond to your desire for such a devotion - consecration?

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 1:57pm | IP Logged Quote Helen

St. Ann wrote:
In the first grade I was chosen by the 8th grade girls to carry Mary's crown on a pillow to the altar for the feast of the Crowning of Mary. I wore a white dress and I remember a very strong feeling of "belonging"...as if Mary personally had chosen me to carry her crown to the front of the Church.

Sounds like Our Lady did choose you personally. What a beautiful story.

St. Ann wrote:

A question: How do your husbands respond to your desire for such a devotion - consecration?

Stephanie, is this question another thread?

Back to Top View Helen's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Visit Helen's Homepage

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 2:08pm | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

Yes, Helen, you are right. I will start a new thread.

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

julia s.
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 18 2007 at 2:14pm | IP Logged Quote julia s.

St. Ann wrote:
Yes, Helen, you are right. I will start a new thread.

I second this.

Back to Top View julia s.'s Profile Search for other posts by julia s.

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 19 2007 at 2:00am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Stephanie, great to hear your story, it seems with things happening personally in alot of our lives at present, that the Hidden Treasure's recent opening is a real blessing indeed...

I hope you are recovering well and strong from your bout in hospital.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Janet
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: May 16 2009 at 8:31am | IP Logged Quote Janet

I'm new to this forum; I just found it yesterday and spent a big chunk of the evening reading through posts here in Hidden Treasure (my husband was having movie night with the kids in the other room so I had the luxury of just reading and reading...)       

You all have no idea how much you blessed me with what you have written here - for a couple of years I've been praying about Consecration to Jesus through Mary, feeling like it was something I should do but just not entirely "getting"it. The topic of Consecration came up again this week when I was at mass on Wed (At the US Fatima shrine for the Anniv. of the first Fatima Apparition) and I thought "hmm, maybe it's time", but then got swept away in the details of life. Last night, I was feeling tired and discouraged and like I could never get caught up with all that needs doing; worried because we have not had any work for 5 months (we are self-employed) and hard searching for new clients or even for a "regular" job have not yielded anything yet; and just not feeling like doing anything...

Then I started reading here - being reminded of obedience, about training the will to overcome sloth and build virtue, about how when we clean or do other work, it is not to have a perfect house, but to grow in obedience, humility, and holiness. Wow. I knew all that, but I keep forgetting it.   After reading through a lot of the amazing posts here, I felt so hopeful that every task ahead of me looked different than it had when I sat down. As my husband and kids finished their movie, I did my knitting, prayed my rosary, and felt so recharged about how I need to be living and praying and thinking, and about how I can help my children to grow (and how I've hindered them when I have given in to frustration, discouragement, and laziness). It really hit home how often I miss opportunities to show love to Our Lord and Our Lady simply by lovingly doing the work that is before me.

Thank you all for your witness and encouragement!

Janet

Back to Top View Janet's Profile Search for other posts by Janet

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 16 2009 at 9:07am | IP Logged Quote Helen

Janet Effron wrote:
After reading through a lot of the amazing posts here, I felt so hopeful that every task ahead of me looked different than it had when I sat down. As my husband and kids finished their movie, I did my knitting, prayed my rosary, and felt so recharged about how I need to be living and praying and thinking, and about how I can help my children to grow

Thank you Janet for your words of encouragement. On this Saturday, in the month of Our Lady, your words come across as a gift of Our Lady to us.

Back to Top View Helen's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Visit Helen's Homepage

Terri P
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 28 2009 at 7:33pm | IP Logged Quote Terri P

I am new to this whole forum. New to the idea of online discussions.

I am the mother of 4 and the wife of a wonderful man who is not Catholic. For many, many years I have felt like Jonah running from what God really wants from me. Recently I have come to the realization that I need to turn my life over to Christ and His Church.

How do I take the plunge? How do I turn myself over to Christ and His Holy Mother wholeheartedly?

Terri
Back to Top View Terri P's Profile Search for other posts by Terri P

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2009 at 10:29pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Welcome Terri! I am glad you have found your way over to Hidden Treasure. It sounds as though you are on a fruitful journey, please feel free to ask whatever questions you may have on your heart, Hidden Treasure is a beautiful place for that sort of reflective disscussion.

Terri P wrote:
How do I take the plunge? How do I turn myself over to Christ and His Holy Mother wholeheartedly?

That is a great question Terri that many ladies would probably love to contribute to. If you could start a thread in Hidden Treasure, I was thinking of a title like, "Loving Christ through Mary Wholeheartedly", or something similar, I think it will get the attention it deserves.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 8
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version