Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Learning
 4Real Forums : Living Learning
Subject Topic: almost done with 1st grade! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mommylori
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 02 2007 at 10:21am | IP Logged Quote mommylori

We only have 6 more weeks of 1st grade!!!!! WOOHOO, and only 3 more weeks of the math and reading part, starfall, and MUS! So I am so excited! Now I am wondering if I should jump into 2nd grade before the baby gets here or wait till after the baby, which is due in March, but probley won't come to April.
We are doing a cimbination, of Mater ambius, ambleside and 4 real learning.lol I sort of made my own from the 3, I really like ambleside schedrul adn book list, but it is not catholic, so I cut out all the protestant and subbed in materambilus and then added some of the 4 real learning to it.lol If that makes any since.lol
I guess this means I need to start ordering for 2nd grade! Ordering homeschool is my favorite time of the year!
We don't start school in the fall, we normally start in the spring, because I order with tax returns, and it is too hard to wait.lol And we don't take the summer break because I don't see the point, we take breaks when we want to, spread out thru the year instead.lol So I didn't rush thru school.lol

Lori
Back to Top View mommylori's Profile Search for other posts by mommylori

~Rachel~
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 02 2007 at 11:06am | IP Logged Quote ~Rachel~

It might be a good idea to get as much school done BEFORE baby arrives... so you dont fall too far behind AFTER baby has come .
Most people I know will start school, then relax it after the baby comes... just doing a skeleton schedule. If you have set a nice schedule before the baby comes, then you'll be in good shape

Lighting a Fire
Back to Top View ~Rachel~'s Profile Search for other posts by ~Rachel~ Visit ~Rachel~'s Homepage

Willa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 02 2007 at 11:17am | IP Logged Quote Willa

mommylori wrote:
We don't start school in the fall, we normally start in the spring, because I order with tax returns, and it is too hard to wait.lol And we don't take the summer break because I don't see the point, we take breaks when we want to, spread out thru the year instead.lol So I didn't rush thru school.lolLori

Good idea! Plus you don't feel like you're always running to keep up with the standard school schedule.

Congrats on being finished for the year!

Take Up and Read
Back to Top View Willa's Profile Search for other posts by Willa

5athome
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 02 2007 at 3:29pm | IP Logged Quote 5athome

Lori:

Congrats on being near the finish line. We also go year round and usually switch school years in the spring. It is nice because ordering new books in spring avoids the peak buying/slower arrival of books ordered in the fall busytimes. However, I have found that some publishers have new things releasing in late summer so we wnd up buying books year round anyway.

I would not start the new school year until after the baby arrives. I would spend the weeks leading up to the baby's arrival spending lots of quality cuddle/reading/playing game time with your other children. I think you can cherish this quality time knowing that the weeks after baby arrives will be tiring and absorb your attention.
Back to Top View 5athome's Profile Search for other posts by 5athome

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version