Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Help! Please pray for me today Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 16 2006 at 10:35am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Pray for Rebecca too, please. She's had another flood, this time worse and is moppping madly. And pray for her dh, who is going to see about who's financially responsible for the flood.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2006 at 3:10am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

I will remember both you Irene and Rebecca in these terrible ordeals - may Our Lady comfort and strengthen you and may speedy solutions be found!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2006 at 7:44am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Irene -- I just saw this and am praying for you and yours -- believe me I know the "trials" thing....but remember the (flood)gates shall not prevail!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2006 at 7:57am | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

I know what a flooded basement can do your spirits and it sounds like you have plenty on your plate to cry about.
My prayers will be with you.

10 Bright Stars
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2006 at 1:12pm | IP Logged Quote 10 Bright Stars

You are in our prayers as well. We had a huge storm here last night, and our basement got a little wet from the chimney, and my in-laws had their basement flooded due to their well overflowing!! They had 3 inches of water, but thankfully, their basement has a drain. They had a bunch of carpets too, and I know it is a ton of work to have to take everything out. Since nothing will be ruined in your totes, maybe just work on it a little bit each day until it is completed over a weeks time. That way, it won't seem so daunting.        
Back to Top View 10 Bright Stars's Profile Search for other posts by 10 Bright Stars Visit 10 Bright Stars's Homepage

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Nov 17 2006 at 4:13pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Thank you all for coming through for me with your prayers after I sent out my pitiful cry for help. I felt so completely overwhelmed the day of the flood, but have felt much, much better in the two days since. We had a carpet restoration company come in and take up the carpets and dump the wet padding. Now we've had industrial strength dehumidifiers and fans working round the clock for two days drying everything out. I guess the insurance company will decide if the carpets are worth saving after they are dry, or if we need to replace them.

And thanks to generous offers of help from 4Real members, we will likely have the help of Elizabeth's older boys and Mary Chris's family in putting the rooms back together.   

I'm so glad I had this community to turn to for prayer support in my hour of need.

And by the way, I never knew that so many people endured flooded basements as often as they do, based on responses to my prayer request here. Somehow it helped me to put it in perspective to read about other's basement woes. Misery loves company, I guess. Thanks, everyone.

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2006 at 5:46pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Dear Irene

I have been praying for you over the last couple of days - for everything to be satisfactorily resolved, and for your house to be restored to order soon.

Blessings

Marilyn
Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

alicegunther
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 17 2006 at 6:29pm | IP Logged Quote alicegunther

Irene (and Rebecca), I feel your pain as the victim of numerous basement floods, expensive leaks, and massively expensive pipe freezes. Water is so unbelievably damaging!

Keeping you in my prayers during the clean up. Thank goodness for those wonderful local 4Realers!

Cottage Blessings
Brew yourself a cup of tea, and come for a visit!
Back to Top View alicegunther's Profile Search for other posts by alicegunther Visit alicegunther's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 18 2006 at 12:41am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Glad to hear the news..........I was praying though not able to post till now.

Wish we could help, too!

Praying it all goes well, for all of you flood victims!

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 26 2006 at 4:45pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Just seeing this now -- yikes! Praying for all of you, Donna, Rebecca and Irene.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

alicegunther
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 26 2006 at 5:44pm | IP Logged Quote alicegunther

Donna, I missed your message about the Christmas ornaments. How heartbreaking! Adding you to my prayers as well.

Cottage Blessings
Brew yourself a cup of tea, and come for a visit!
Back to Top View alicegunther's Profile Search for other posts by alicegunther Visit alicegunther's Homepage

Marybeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 26 2006 at 8:28pm | IP Logged Quote Marybeth

Praying!

I remember many a time as a young girl mopping and etc. in our basement after we flooded.

I wish I was there to help!!!

God bless,

Marybeth

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version