Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Learning
 4Real Forums : Living Learning
Subject Topic: how to make origami book? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
humanaevitae
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 05 2006 at 5:46pm | IP Logged Quote humanaevitae

We were at a local craft fair this week and a booth was selling small origami albums. They were absolutely wonderful and I could see many uses for them. (Gifts!) They look like a small book/album but then open and have many many spaces to write or glue pictures on. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Found a place that sells them online http://shop.3scrapateers.com/shopexd.asp?id=2313

I did buy a religious-themed one to see if I could make one myself. However it would be much easier if any of the ladies here already know how!

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 06 2006 at 3:27am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Okay Nicole, this was driving me crazy as I knew I had seen these books and instructions for making these type of books at some time in the past. After much internet and rubberstamp magazine searching I think I found it. It looks like they are also called "squash books" or "flower fold" books. So here are two links to instructions that I do believe are for the type of book you are describing. I'm really glad you brought this up because though I had seen them I never had made them and now I'm anxious to give it a try with the kids - they would be a great addition to a lapbook.

Folding Book/Accordian Album ( I had thought they were called accordian albums and first searched that but was only coming up with the straight fold out ones and only stumbled on this one much later.)
Squash book instructions

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 06 2006 at 6:59am | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

Those albums are very cool! I can see many uses for them...
Thanks for the links and ideas, ladies!

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 06 2006 at 7:54am | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Those look very cool. I am SO bad at following these types of directions. Unless somebody actually shows me, leading me step-by-step, I am hopeless!LOL! I hope I can figure them out.

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

humanaevitae
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 06 2006 at 10:33am | IP Logged Quote humanaevitae

Thanks Mary, those are it!

They were selling them at a local craft fair. Some of the covers were covered with religious art, especially for Baptism, Holy Communion, etc...

I think they will make special gifts- some we will fill out for the receipient and others we will give blank.

Last year my cousin gave one to our Grandma. She wrote it as a story coming from her son to his Grt. Grandma and then included appropriate pics along the way. It was very special.

onemoretracy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 06 2006 at 1:16pm | IP Logged Quote onemoretracy

I would love those. They would be fun to make, but i bet the ones at the craft fair were beautiful! I will be on the lookout for these at the church Holiday Bazaars.

DS Ryan-9
DS Luke-6
DD Laine-6
DD Mary Clare-3
DD Sara (Dec.6 '08)
My Blog
Back to Top View onemoretracy's Profile Search for other posts by onemoretracy

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 06 2006 at 1:24pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

In my internet explorations last night I also found this site with a beautiful collection of them to sell. So if anyone (like Tracy) is looking to purchase check out this site. Scroll down to almost the bottom to find the origami albums. They also have a great triangular album that is similar below that.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

onemoretracy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 06 2006 at 3:46pm | IP Logged Quote onemoretracy

wow, Mary those are really cute,the accordian ones are not too expensive either. Thank you for shring your research!

DS Ryan-9
DS Luke-6
DD Laine-6
DD Mary Clare-3
DD Sara (Dec.6 '08)
My Blog
Back to Top View onemoretracy's Profile Search for other posts by onemoretracy

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 06 2006 at 5:21pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

When I was using the Y during the summer months, I saw lots of these books on HGTV's show, Carol Duval Show. Here is one that might be of interest:

Flip-Fold Book

Here's thelink to the various types of books she's made on her show -- there are some really cool ones here!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version