Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Simple Elegance at Sweetness and Light Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 24 2006 at 7:50am | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

Erin wrote:

I just had a thought, my before photo could be prior to gutting/tearing down the kitchen What do you all think? Is that cheating?

I didn't think we needed before and after photos, I thought we were going to share things we like about our kitchens. My house is new, so I'm just going to show current pictures.

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 24 2006 at 8:25am | IP Logged Quote Erin

Cheryl wrote:
I didn't think we needed before and after photos, I thought we were going to share things we like about our kitchens. My house is new, so I'm just going to show current pictures.

I was just joking as you would all just gasp at the old kitchen.

However, perhaps I have misunderstood a little, but I thought we were talking about taking a 'before perfection' photo and a 'perfection' photo. Have I just misunderstood in my quest to visualise all this. (not my strongest point) please correct me.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 24 2006 at 8:28am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Erin wrote:
Cheryl wrote:

I was just joking as you would all just gasp at the old kitchen.

However, perhaps I have misunderstood a little, but I thought we were talking about taking a 'before perfection' photo and a 'perfection' photo. Have I just misunderstood in my quest to visualise all this. (not my strongest point) please correct me.

Heehee...I'll never have that "perfection" photo. It's always a work in progress. And even if I can get it done for the picture, it's constant upkeep to make it stay that way!

My pictures are going for the happy medium...what I have now, and I'm going to point out what I'd like to do, and what needs to be done. Perfection? Always striving, NEVER make it!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 24 2006 at 11:46am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

ANYTHING GOES HERE!!! New, Old, In-Between, and whatever makes your kitchen area say "Simple Elegance". Please don't limit yourself, there is no right or wrong post here. (Remember, a photo is only optional too!) Everyone will enjoy whatever you have to share as it will be unique to your personal taste and home.

I'm so excited to start receiving your links!!! Great job everyone!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 02 2006 at 2:57pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Hello dear ones, please send me your submissions by Sat. Aug 12th if you'd like to participate in this one. I only have 1 so far besides my own so I would love a few more. I know it's getting busy with end of summer activites winding up, remember anything works here!! Thanks so much and you can send it via PM or to my email on my blog.

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 02 2006 at 4:33pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Meredith, I will be posting a few more kitchen pictures soon and will send you the links asap!

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 03 2006 at 6:18am | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

Meredith,
I've already written a post. I just need to add the pictures (which are already on my computer.) We're busy this weekend, so I'll send it at the beginning of next week.

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 04 2006 at 10:50am | IP Logged Quote Sarah

Okay, I'm new to this. How do I do this?

Could someone see if this is right?:

1. write your post on your blog and upload your pictures from your computer to your blog.

2.Go up to the address part of your computer when your blog page is up and right click for the adress and paste it in an email to Meredith.

Is that correct?

I feel so stupid asking this .

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 04 2006 at 3:37pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Another question

What do we write in our post? A dumb question perhaps but I've no idea

And when you say you've taken pictures in plural, are they of different angles of the kitchen or interior (cupboards) as well as exterior. Or something else?

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 04 2006 at 5:26pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Sarah wrote:
Is that correct?

I think Meredith has headed off camping (lucky girl!) so I will try to answer some questions about the kitchen carnival.

Sarah, yes, that is exactly how you send her the post. You could email her the link or send it to her in a PM.

Erin wrote:
Another question

What do we write in our post? A dumb question perhaps but I've no idea

And when you say you've taken pictures in plural, are they of different angles of the kitchen or interior (cupboards) as well as exterior. Or something else?

Erin, I was wondering that myself! I think Meredith meant for each of us to share whatever we'd like about our kitchens, however we'd like. I have been posting some random kitchen pictures on my blog - places I've reorganized recently. I just cleaned out my cabinets today (it's amazing what you can get done when your youngest *suddenly* stops napping - no leisure activities that's for sure    ) and was thinking about how to best get the shot!

Basically this thread has inspired me to get cracking on all the clutter, crumbs and disorganization in my kitchen! I haven't really been taking *before* shots, though.

Hope that helps a bit!

Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 08 2006 at 3:07pm | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

Meredith,
If you are back from camping, or anyone who knows the answer...

How do I send my post without it showing on my blog before the carnival?

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 08 2006 at 3:45pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Cheryl wrote:

Cheryl, I've never been able to figure that out. I have already posted my kitchen posts for the carnival, so I guess they won't be new to anyone!

I have seen on some other carnivals that the hostess set it up where entrants just entered a link at her post that day. But I would think that would open it up to anyone reading her blog, and I'm not sure Meredith wanted to do that.

Maybe someone else can tell you (us ) how to publish a post without actually publishing it!

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 08 2006 at 4:55pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Dawn wrote:

Cheryl, I've never been able to figure that out. I have already posted my kitchen posts for the carnival, so I guess they won't be new to anyone!

Dawn,

I sure appreciated the early post, it has given me a clearer idea of what the carnival is about

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 12:14pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Cheryl wrote:
Meredith,
If you are back from camping, or anyone who knows the answer...

YES, I'm back and that's such a good question, took me awhile to figure out too when I started doing carnivals...at any rate, you can publish your post and then right click the link on the bottom of your post that says "permalink", then go back to edit your post and set the post to publish on the same day as the carnival, for us that will be Monday the 14th. I always set it for 12:01am on the day. It will remain in "future" publish format until that date, but I can still link to it for the Carnival. Does that make sense???

And Erin it sounds like Dawn answered beautifully (T-you :) remember to write just what you like or want for your Kitchen to be Simply Elegant! It doesn't have to be lengthy. Looking forward to it, thanks for the links so far.
Blessings.

Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 12:28pm | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

Meredith,
What do you click on after you right click "permalink"?

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 5:30pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Cheryl wrote:
Meredith,
What do you click on after you right click "permalink"?

OK, right click on the permalink and then go into your email program and paste it into the body of the email and it should come up as a link (sorry I forgot that little detail ) Then go back and edit your post to a future publish format. HTH.

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 3
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version