Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Simple Elegance at Sweetness and Light Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 19 2006 at 8:26am | IP Logged Quote Dawn

So if we are doing this like a carnival then should we be posting our pictures and ideas at our blogs now (or sometime soon) and then sending our link(s) to you? If we are thinking Monday, July 31st as the day you publish the carnival, Meredith, when would you want our links by?

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 19 2006 at 8:51am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Another good question! I could start receiving links anytime, and please remember that no photos are OK too, ideas or organizing tips are perfect for a Simple Elegance carnival.

Is everyone good with this?? I am open to ANY suggestions as this will be my first ever hosted Carnival so I'll take all the help I ccan get get

Also, would more people be willing to participate if it were in August rather than a week and half??

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 19 2006 at 9:40am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Meredith,

Could you in one post please summarize what is the plan? I'm confused.

I can do it before the 31st, or also August.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 19 2006 at 10:56am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

OK, I'll try to be as concise as possible: The theme I think we've agreed on is Simple Elegance in the Kitchen, if this is not what you all want alert me now!!

1) Decide what you want to write about or the "feature" from your kitchen you want to highlight. (For example; I think I'm going to show a picture of my pantry and explain how I organized it with tupperware.)

2) Write your post and take your photos.

3) Send me a link (email) to your post (if you have a blog) or the flickr link or whatever medium you use to share photos. (If you do not do this you can just email me your photos from your computer and I'll make a post for you within the body of the Carnival with your name as the credit (does that make sense??)

4) Please make sure that if you are linking to your blog that you have published it and are sending me the "permalink" then you can unpublish it until the Carnival date if you choose.

5) Finally, tell everyone about the upcoming event through your blog or email to friends and I'll have a link for you the day before to put up as soon as it's published!!

Please let me know if this is still not clear and I'll do what I can to help!!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 19 2006 at 10:37pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Rebecca wrote:

Just think about that new kitchen you are building, you lucky girl you! I saw your blog photos and the building is coming along nicely.

Thank you!! It is hard to wait and all this talk about kitchens has me more impatient. Since I spend so much time in the kitchen, I decided to splurge. I've loved all the ideas and can't wait to see everyone's kitchen.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 20 2006 at 8:17pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah

Meredith,
As you are well aware, I'm trying to figure out starting my new blog.

When is the latest we can send you a link to our blogs?

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 21 2006 at 10:36am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Well I guess I'm still waiting for a final date confirmation from everyone. Would August work better for everyone or do you want to attempt it for the 31st?? Keeping in mind we want as big a turn out as we can.

~Rachel~
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 21 2006 at 10:49am | IP Logged Quote ~Rachel~

I'm fine with either I already wrote mine and sent you the link via PM

Lighting a Fire
Back to Top View ~Rachel~'s Profile Search for other posts by ~Rachel~ Visit ~Rachel~'s Homepage

Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 21 2006 at 12:18pm | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

I can do July 31st or August.

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 21 2006 at 12:24pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

I can do either as well.

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: July 21 2006 at 12:29pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

I don't see a downside to pushing it to August--will give folks who are vacation right now time to "catch up." And then, maybe we can host several more in different rooms throughout the fall...

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 21 2006 at 12:45pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Elizabeth wrote:
I don't see a downside to pushing it to August--will give folks who are vacation right now time to "catch up." And then, maybe we can host several more in different rooms throughout the fall...

I like the way you think my dear OK, August it is, I will be camping the 4th-10th so how about the2nd or the 14th as the 15th is The Assumption??

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 21 2006 at 6:02pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Meredith wrote:
[QUOTE=Elizabeth]OK, August it is, I will be camping the 4th-10th so how about the2nd or the 14th as the 15th is The Assumption??

Either day is fine for me, Meredith.

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 22 2006 at 9:00am | IP Logged Quote Sarah

Aug 14th is better for me since I feel like I just can't seem to get my blog off the ground.

I've been working on a private blog for ext. family and now I'm on to a public one. I also have some camera issue I'm ironing out here within the week.

However, if people vote for Aug. 2nd. I'll make it work.

I think Elizabeth is right--different room throughout the fall.

Just wanted to tell you how excited I am to do this. It really has been a good outlet for me since I can rarely get away physically from the kids.

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 22 2006 at 11:11am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Allright, let's go with the 14th as it will give me ample time to put it all together!! You can send links anytime!! My email is on my blog, thanks ladies, I hope I can do this justice

Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 22 2006 at 12:21pm | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job Meredith.

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 23 2006 at 12:25am | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

OK. So if we send a before picture (and I don't have a blog, so can I just send my picture to someone who does and that person ... Meredith, I'm thinking ... can attach it to her blog?? Or how does that work?) by sometime in August, by what date do we have to have the *after* picture ready? Because we are tackling bathrooms before the kitchen, though I'd like to have the kitchen well on its way by Christmas.

God bless,

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 23 2006 at 2:43pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

TinaP., Does this answer your question??   
Meredith wrote:

2) Write your post and take your photos.
3) Send me a link (email) to your post (if you have a blog) or the flickr link or whatever medium you use to share photos. (If you do not do this you can just email me your photos from your computer and I'll make a post for you within the body of the Carnival with your name as the credit (does that make sense??)

You would just email me your before photo and discuss what you are planning to do. There doesn't have to be an after photo if it will not be ready before the 14th of August which is our "Carnival" date. Let me know if you still need clarification!!

Alice R
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 23 2006 at 7:09pm | IP Logged Quote Alice R

Thinking far ahead...this would be a lot of fun to do for Christmas trees and Nativity sets and lights and stuff..."A Christmas Tour"

No, I did not just volunteer for that.   

I can do it anytime...I don't have much "before and after" because I have a new kitchen (thank you, God!) but I can certainly post some nice pictures of something.

Thanks Meredith for organizing this.   

Blessings,
Alice

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 24 2006 at 4:20am | IP Logged Quote Erin

Alice R wrote:
I don't have much "before and after" because I have a new kitchen (thank you, God!)

Alice,

My kitchen is also new the one room I am truly proud of. Mind you it was a 12 month nightmare with our cabinet maker and a long time prior to that was very makeshift, for six months I had a temporary kitchen in the lounge room, with no plumbing. Dd enjoyed washing up at first, she felt that she was Laura Ingalls, but as I knew it would, the novelty wore off

I just had a thought, my before photo could be prior to gutting/tearing down the kitchen What do you all think? Is that cheating?

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version