Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Living Learning
 4Real Forums : Living Learning
Subject Topic: Random Days.. Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
ABAng
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 03 2011 at 10:51am | IP Logged Quote ABAng

Do you ever have days/weeks/months where you feel like you are grasping at straws?

We took a break from the regular schedule, the kids still did some work but in different ways, we just hit a sort of "survival mode" to get through. I'm totally fine with that, however....now that I am trying to get back into our schedule I feel like we are constantly fumbling.

It is almost this panic mode of grab your math....ok now onto grammar.....you over there start your copywork.....yikes now we have an appointment. I'm trying to laugh and stay light hearted, but to be honest it is wearing on me.

Part of it is that I know I want to make more changes so that our day to day more closely follows a Charlotte Mason philosophy. Right now we are only loosely following.

I plan on ordering Planning Your Charlotte Mason Education and All-Day Charlotte Mason Seminar from Simply Charlotte Mason.

I think once I get this and start to re-organize our thoughts and materials I'll feel better.

Maybe I should let it all go for another week and totally de-clutter our school supplies?

Any other advice is welcome!!

Back to Top View ABAng's Profile Search for other posts by ABAng Visit ABAng's Homepage

mom2mpr
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 03 2011 at 11:37am | IP Logged Quote mom2mpr

Yup.
We have frequent out of town visitors. And other things come up.
This week is first communion preparation. Many people we haven't seen in many years descending on my pathetically dirty house.
I have found after a change of pace it does take us about a week to two to get back into a "groove." It is a lot of fumbling. We are fumbling this week. No one is "focused" on the science and history I am trying to do. We have also had many appointments during our days. And they have been during the day--I usually try to schedule them after 3pm. Today, dd had FHC practice at 9am.
So, that seems to be normal.
And, some cool mom wrote one time that teachers get teacher days, homeschool moms should, too. So maybe take that day and get yourself organized, decluttered, whatever--things will go smoother when you get back to "normal."
This seems disorganized because I am right now(overwhelmed, too) but I hope you can glean something from it-even if it is you are not alone

kristacecilia
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 03 2011 at 11:43am | IP Logged Quote kristacecilia

Yup... and it seems like we only get about one "good" week in before something else comes up that throws us all off and we have to start over... it can take us a month or more to get back to full normal days.

I just decided that we'll do SOMETHING everyday. If I do it that way maybe we'll get three full days of school in a week. LOL.

Wife to a great guy, mom to two boys ('04, '06) and three girls ('08, '10, '12!)

I blog at http://kristacecilia.wordpress.com/
Back to Top View kristacecilia's Profile Search for other posts by kristacecilia

time4tea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 03 2011 at 2:05pm | IP Logged Quote time4tea

Same here    And this year I am desperate to finish up because my oldest is going to be graduating, and I need to get our review done! We have had a really challenging year this year, and at this point, I am just looking forward to finishing up and taking a break over the summer!

Next year I am wanting to do some serious streamlining so that we do not run into the same organizational issues as this year. I felt as if we had so many different projects and other academic endeavors going on all at once that once a few complications come up, everything goes into chaos mode. Next year, I do not want to be into over-achieving, but rather, just covering all the basics, adding in short-term extras only if there is actually the time for them!

~Tea
Back to Top View time4tea's Profile Search for other posts by time4tea

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version