Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Planning and Ordering our Days
 4Real Forums : Planning and Ordering our Days
Subject Topic: Advice for 1st year? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Unscripted_mom
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 22 2011 at 1:05pm | IP Logged Quote Unscripted_mom

Hi - I am new here (although I have lurked for several months)... And I am not sure I am even posting this in the right forum!
My DH and I have decided to homeschool our children (my DD is 8, and DS is 3.5). She is finishing out this school year at her current PS, and I will start her off in "3rd grade", and DS will be getting some light preschool work. It's been a long road from parochial, to public, to HS- but it is the path that I had to take to get here and be willing to answer the call. After months and months of shopping, I am 99% settled on going with Kolbe for our first year (I like the idea of the support and lesson plans for my first year out).
I am trying to anticipate and plan as much as I can now, while she is finishing her current year. I am hoping that you all might be willing to lend me some advice?
I am wondering what I can do in the "lead up" to get adjusted to our new lifestyle? (for instance, a couple of weeks before every school year begins I usually start waking them up at the time we will need to be up for school). I am thinking that perhaps we can start with some light reading at a scheduled time (we usually free read during the summer).
What daily schedule have you found that works for you? I know I want to do a 4 day week... But I am a "scheduler" by nature- not to the second, but in definitely in general I like sticking to a regular rhythm. Do you chunk all of the "direct lesson" time together, or spread the individual work and direct time in together? (I hope I am making sense!).
What can you tell a newbie to watch out for? If there are any moms that switched from PS/private to homeschooling, do you have any tips for the transition? Are there any "I wish I had done xyz at the beginning" that you can tell me about? Is there anything I should watch out and prepare for?

Thank you so much if you have read this far! I am really excited to HS- but I just want to be as realistic and do as much as I can now- before we start to have a good foundation.

Thanks in advance!
~January
Back to Top View Unscripted_mom's Profile Search for other posts by Unscripted_mom

kristinannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 22 2011 at 1:46pm | IP Logged Quote kristinannie

Welcome to the forum. I am a newbie just like you! I am starting to HS this summer (my oldest will be in kindergarten). I had planned to use Kolbe as well, but have done a lot of research and am not really happy with their kindergarten program. I will still probably enroll later on, but just didn't love the younger kid stuff. I have talked to them a lot on the phone and have talked to a lot of people who like using them. They seem like a very good school to use and give a lot of support. I am sure you will be really happy with your decision. The best thing about it is that you can substitute with them so if you don't like the science, you can do you own, etc.

I am interested in what others say for new HSers since I am one too!!!! Best of luck and God bless you and your family!

Katherine Elizabeth 8 months
Back to Top View kristinannie's Profile Search for other posts by kristinannie

Unscripted_mom
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 22 2011 at 7:56pm | IP Logged Quote Unscripted_mom

Thank you Kristin Anne! I would love to hear about what you are planning to use for kindergarten. Kolbe should be a great fit for me and my DD... But I am not so certain that it would be a good fit for my son- especially in the early pre fluent reading years. I have been grazing through catalogs for him- and not really settling (but not as rushed either since he is only 3.5!).
It's nice to "hear" from another newbie- safety in numbers and all. Lol!!!
Back to Top View Unscripted_mom's Profile Search for other posts by Unscripted_mom

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 22 2011 at 8:27pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Hi, January! Welcome!

We began our homeschooling journey with Kolbe; my ds was in 5th grade at that time (Catholic school before then). I am not, it turns out, good at marching to someone else's drum, so we've moved away from that approach to a quasi-Charlotte Mason style - lots of living books, for sure, and copywork and some narration when my dc were younger. Nature study has worked well for my dd, less so for my son (although he did a lot of nature study via Boy Scout merit badges, so I guess he still did do it!).

Here are some thoughts, based on my own experience as a mom new to home education:

1. If something is not working, you don't have to keep using it. My son started with Saxon Math and rapidly turned into a math-detesting child. It took about three months before the "Oh! I can change books!" light bulb went on. After the change, math was much, much easier to deal with.

2. Your daughter might be wondering about friends, "normal" activities, how home education will benefit her, etc. My son did worry about all of these things. I told him I could not tell him how everything would work out, because I didn't know, but I could promise him a school year with no teasing, name-calling or bullying. He straightened up and said, "I'll do it!" with great conviction. We went all the way through 12th grade at home.

3. If your daughter isn't involved with, say, dance class or some other group activity, you might want to choose one together. It could be a homeschool co-op, of course, but anything that she enjoys doing will work. (My kids love archery class!) This will help her see that she can still do all that extracurricular stuff, meet new friends, and so on.

I know other moms will chime in. It's a big shift in perspective for you and your children, I know, but I encourage you to be honest (in an age-appropriate way) with your dd and let her know that you can work together to resolve any little glitches that pop up.

kristacecilia
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 22 2011 at 8:48pm | IP Logged Quote kristacecilia

If I could start over I would not use any set curriculum! Although, I have to say, I used Catholic Heritage Curricula and it was fairly gentle as far as curricula goes. I just got so overly frustrated with trying to keep up with someone else's idea of what makes up schooling. I found- in our family- when we used a set curriculum it turned into 'school at home' instead of an atmosphere of learning. It took me a few years to get that, though.

I use a lot of Charlotte Mason ideas- short lessons,varying subjects so that you aren't using the same parts of your brain repeatedly, lots of time outside, lots and lots of reading- aloud and independently. Add in a little copywork and a little math. I haven't gotten to third grade yet, though, so I can't help you there.

For Kindergarten/preschool- in the past I took a curriculum approach- first Angelicum and then CHC. I wish I had done neither. I really feel like my sons missed out on a lot of that imaginative/discovery part of learning that comes naturally at that age. We have had to do some back tracking because of the carryover of hating school time that resulted from using too rigid a system of schooling.

Now my approach to PreK and K is.... nothing. LOL. Well, that's not true. Lots and lots of being read to from good books, nature walks, a few arts and crafts if we have time. Helping around the house, helping me in the kitchen. Giving them access to wonderful literature and toys that stimulate the imagination. So far my kids have still learned to read and add and do all those things that I was so worried that they needed to learn- except that they have learned it on their own! That desire and interest in learning becomes so strong when it is left to develop on its own. It is absolutely amazing to watch!

Enjoy your prek and kindergarten years! They are wonderful!

Wife to a great guy, mom to two boys ('04, '06) and three girls ('08, '10, '12!)

I blog at http://kristacecilia.wordpress.com/
Back to Top View kristacecilia's Profile Search for other posts by kristacecilia

JuliaT
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 23 2011 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote JuliaT

Welcome, Jamuary! Yay for you on your decision to homeschool! It is a huge decision to make. I have homeschooled from the beginning but I vacillated on my decision for three years. I kept yo-yo-ing back and forth on whether I really wanted to do this or not. The first day of public school kindergarten was torture for me as I still wasn't sure I was making the right decision. Homeschooling is hard but I know, after doing it for 7 years, that this was the best decision for our family. I hope that this will be the case for you as well.

I have never used a boxed curriculum so I can't help you there. I have alwasy done my own thing with a Charlotte Mason/Classical Education slant. For the beginning, though, Kolbe might be the perfect answer for you. As you get sturdier sea legs, you might be ready for trying some things out on your own.

I don't use a schedule per se, rather a rhythm. I may not start our learning time at the same time but the order of which we do our learning time never changes. We start our day out with 'Morning Time'. This is where we do Bible reading, sing hymns, read and recite poetry, have our read alouds. Then we break up for individual work. I run around like a headless chicken helping each child as they need it. We break for lunch. After lunch, we do group time for the content subjects. We do history and science together. I do block scheduling for the content subjects, meaning that we do history, daily, for a month, then we move on to science for a month. Every one has a different schedule for content subjects but this one works best for my kids.

I am so excited for you as you begin this journey. Blessings to you!   

MusingsofaPrairieGirl
Back to Top View JuliaT's Profile Search for other posts by JuliaT

mamaslearning
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 23 2011 at 11:06am | IP Logged Quote mamaslearning

No TV during the day. That's my number one recommendation. Keep it off unless you are watching a movie or other learning inspired program.

Take days off when you need a break.

Do math and reading everyday - even if it's just a little bit.

I have a first grader and a preschooler (plus a toddler and baby). I don't require my preschooler to do any work, but he loves to be with us and has his own workbooks. The only thing I will do with him for K this Fall is a phonics program (probably include him with his sister in All About Spelling), math and religion. He'll be "around" as the older one does her learning (history, art, music, etc.), but I won't require him to do anything. I'll wait until first grade for that (since my state doesn't require school until age 6).

Quote:
Now my approach to PreK and K is.... nothing. LOL. Well, that's not true. Lots and lots of being read to from good books, nature walks, a few arts and crafts if we have time. Helping around the house, helping me in the kitchen. Giving them access to wonderful literature and toys that stimulate the imagination. So far my kids have still learned to read and add and do all those things that I was so worried that they needed to learn- except that they have learned it on their own! That desire and interest in learning becomes so strong when it is left to develop on its own. It is absolutely amazing to watch!

I agree! But I also didn't believe it with my first child. Now that I'm a more seasoned mom, I can relax a bit.

Back to Top View mamaslearning's Profile Search for other posts by mamaslearning

kristacecilia
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 23 2011 at 7:20pm | IP Logged Quote kristacecilia

mamaslearning wrote:
No TV during the day. That's my number one recommendation. Keep it off unless you are watching a movie or other learning inspired program.

Take days off when you need a break.

Yes!!

The best thing I ever did for my kids' education was turn the TV off during the day. For myself and for them.

Now we all fill our time much more wisely... well I could spend less time on the computer... that's a work in progress.

Wife to a great guy, mom to two boys ('04, '06) and three girls ('08, '10, '12!)

I blog at http://kristacecilia.wordpress.com/
Back to Top View kristacecilia's Profile Search for other posts by kristacecilia

mom2mpr
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 24 2011 at 2:44am | IP Logged Quote mom2mpr

My kids have never been to school and I think having had that discipline you are going to have it a little easier than me
I would try to keep some of the routine and system intact. Someone mentioned doing math and reading every day.
I find friends who have pulled their kids from school, the kids know the system and that they HAVE to do stuff, and they just do it. I spoiled my kids and made it way too much fun for many years    It just seems easier for those who have been in school. To me.
We never used a set curriculum. A mish mash of stuff that has been fun. The keepers for us, have been, Singapore math, Sonlight history, CHC religion and language arts for dd, Explode the Code, lot's of reading of picture books and good literature, Handwriting Without Tears (love, love this program!!), Seton Composition for Young Catholics(ds loved this book and loves writing again), NOEO Science, MagnifiKid, the library, 4H, CYO sports, our homeschool group, the YMCA and freedom to write, build, draw, and play!!
Preparation for homeschooling can be to get them up and all, but maybe find your family rhythm and work some with that. My dh works late so we go to bed late so we can have time together. Our days start later than most-up 9-10am and school starts at 11 or 1pm. I don't like it as I am an early riser and want to get it all done and have pm's free, but it is what works for the rest of them.   
That said, our "schedule" is loose but we start with breakfast, a chore, then math. I try really hard to get math done first because no one likes it and if we wait, it isn't pretty to try in the afternoon. So, math and one other subject by lunch, a walk outside if weather permits, lunch, then history or science reading and language arts. We throw in poetry and art, review Sundays gospel on Friday's, and do some reading about our faith each day. Afternoons go better after math is done. They are fun!! We try to be done by 3pm. It's crazy! We do take lots of breaks.
Enjoy the subjects like science and history. I find them no pressure and "skip-able." Where I am, with a 7th grader, I am preparing for SAT's and such, and am figuring they test language and math so I'm working hardest there.
I also found that to have a simple yearly goal or two for each child helps. For dd, for example, I wanted to build her confidence in herself and get her reading. When chaos reined, I kept this in mind. When my 13 year old and 8 year old were playing really well together, I let them and did some cleaning and bill work, as another goal I have is that they know each other and have a relationship. I also pray for my goals daily to get a little help--and He helps.
Certain ages are hard. I found K-3rd a joy with ds. 4th to 5th-very hard. Then things got better and fun again, now we are struggling a little at the end of 7th. I have strong willed kids.
DD is 8 and in second. She "gets" the "if I get my school work done I am free to play and do what I want." I am hoping 3rd continues along like this
I am finding that since we live our faith we don't need as much 'bookwork" for religion. They pick up a lot at mass and church activities, Catholic homeschool group activities.   I also listen to a lot of apologetics and podcasts of homilies in the car.
Oh yeah, the car is a great place to listen to books. We get a lot of history "reading" done in the car
We do a 5 day week and for the most part school year round. We follow our own loose schedule as we get many out of town visitors (grandparents and other family) and travel to see family often. We like to put things away and enjoy people when they come. However, with ds getting ready to high school that seems to be changing. I plan for school most every day and if it doesn't happen-water in the basement, daddy's home for the day for fun, I don't stress.
The coolest thing is sharing their learning and being so intimately involved in it. You read history with them, or science, and you can say,"remember when we read about viruses last week and...?" Or even neater is when THEY, especially after you had to lasso them to get them to the couch to listen, mention something out of things you have read to them.
Relax, enjoy your kids and your days. Read a lot, snuggle a lot, take lot's of field trips, the time passes so quickly and soon you'll be thinking of high school and college.

kristinannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 24 2011 at 5:19pm | IP Logged Quote kristinannie

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I am doing for kindergarten:

McRuffy Color Math

Little Stories for Little Folks (CHC)

Struggling Reader (this is a way of teaching phonics and reading through playing games and without workbooks)

Real Science Odyssey Earth and Space (with tons of living books about astronauts and space added in)...my son wants to be an astronaut

For history we are doing world geography and learning about kids of the world...we will focus on one country until DS is done with that, color a lot, cook food from the countries, etc

CHC Handwriting K

Artistic Pursuits

German (maybe starting this year or next, but not right away)

Religion---Haven't decided yet!!!

I am going to try and keep everything low key and fun. We have lots of math manipulatives. I am also using Miquon Math to supplement. DS loves that. It consists of books where kids learn for themselves how math works. It is hands on and lots of fun.

I hope this helps you out! Please PM me if you have any questions. I know that getting started can be VERY overwhelming. Just take a deep breath and know that you will get on the job training!!! God will give you the grace to do what you need to do! And if you use Kolbe for your oldest, please let me know how you like it. I am REALLY interested in their literature program especially!!!

Katherine Elizabeth 8 months
Back to Top View kristinannie's Profile Search for other posts by kristinannie

Unscripted_mom
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 24 2011 at 8:43pm | IP Logged Quote Unscripted_mom

Thank you all for being so open and gracious with your replies!
Audrey is actually thrilled about HS'ing, so no problems there... And we are currently perusing our options for extra-curriculars... And how to space them in as well. She wants to do everything- every instrument, every sport, every art... You name it. So I will have to space it out. Jack is already very curious about learning to read, and has a few phonetics figured out consistently. Just guessing by how he investigates... I think he will be so much more CM than Audrey. Audrey just has classical written all over her. 
Someone had said that using Kolbe till I get my "sea-legs" would be good- and that is exactly my plan. I wanted to go with the prepackaged/ full-service route to begin with, and tailor from there. I know that I will be switching out math and handwriting for her already :) I like the idea of using someone else plans for my first year to hopefully build my confidence for next years selections. I could say then that I know "this works, that doesn't, this is a waste, etc".  I am so linear-type-A... I am going to need "school-in-box" to transition my traditional brain over. I hope that makes sense! I know myself- and I fear that not having that safety net my first year will be "code red" overwhelming and intimidating. 
You could not have convinced me a year ago that I would be making the decision to homeschool. I would have laughed you off of the phone! I had the stereotypes firmly planted in my mind as well. While we loved out parochial school (did pre-k through 1st there), I was disappointed in the lack of catholicity (I think I just made up a word)... Sure, there were crucifix's in every classroom, and a token rosary on a table somehwhere... But Mass was only held on Holy Days.  And it seemed like the Catholics were constantly trying to appease and blend to attract more families... Catholic or not. It was a bragging point that we were 50% catholic, and 50% other. From financing to prayers- the catholic identity seemed lost to me. The final straw was another increase in tuition- when I already didn't feel as though we were getting what we paid for to begin with. Our tuition had doubled in the 3 ears we were there.  In their defense there are 3 other private schools to compete with within 10 square miles... I understand the pressure. But we couldn't spend what we were spending for it. So we opted for the best public school in the area- again paying tuition for her spot (our district is failing, hence going to another)... And we have been very happy. Her teachers are great. The student body is okay... A few small issues compared to what you'd expect. However our middle and high school choices are frightening. The learning and social culture is just incredible... And I refuse to subject my dc to it. So I am pulling out now- again to get my sea legs before push comes to shove later on. Looking back, doing public this year was me just refusing to answer the call to HS. God has been working on me hard this last year.  It's almost comical how loud he has been calling on me. Lol!  I could go on and on with stories...  Since then, I have researched, prayed, discussed with DH, chatted with a few wonderful friends.  (even my non-catholic-loves-her-public-school-former-teacher friend has been wonderful is helping me discerning, and researching curriculum). Others have been not so wonderful. :(
At the end of all of this- I have become one of those weird moms! I cannot wait to get started homeschooling! I stayed at home with both children, made their baby-food, and so on. This seems so natural- that I would be there for every step of their education. I have that fire back to take more responsibility in their total formation. I just want to take my time while I am waiting out this school year to get as much info as possible, and to ready myself for those inevitable "bad days". 
I have been told that a support group is key to success. And on that note- my area is not so great for a catholic hs'ing mom. Most of the groups in the area require an agreement (and some require you to sign to it!) to their statement of faith- which include items such as:
"That the Bible, consisting of the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, is the inerrant and complete word of God, the final authority in all matters of faith and practice. (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Jude 3)"

And the closest catholic group is an hour away- and not very active, it appears. So I am still praying and searching for a solution on that. I know a great group would help in so many ways. 

My other concern is the rest of friends and certainly our family's reaction. We have been "sold" for months- and only maybe 6 friends (and no family) know if out plans. I heard so many *wonderful* opinions about staying at home from the same people (why would I waste my degree at home with my children?)... I just don't even want to have the conversation- out of sheer exhaustion from defending our catholic/conservative beliefs from our own family on a regular basis. I am in denial about those conversations that I will have to have right now. 

Well there ya go, my life story. Sorry to ramble- but it is SO nice to be able to share all the things that are in my mind regularly right now!

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 24 2011 at 9:17pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Even if your family freaks out at the beginning, just go on with your plans. It only took one quarter of home education for my parents to switch their votes from "no" to "yes" - and we were on two different continents at the time! (They could hear in my son's voice how much happier he was, and when we visited the next year, they could see it, too.)

You are not wasting your degree. You are sharing it. Believe it or not, your children will grow up and...you will still have that degree, plus zillions more ideas of how to use it. Being with your children all day long is SUCH a gift - when you are down, they will give you hugs and remind you of how important you are. Those moments alone are worth it....but they will be just a few of the precious memories.

I have only four years left before dd heads off to college...it seemed like it would take forever, but it has really flown by. People comment on our close relationship - it's definitely mother-daughter, not friend-friend, but she and I have shared so very much by being home together all this time.

And ds (19) hugs me every single day. Even when we argue. Priceless.

Be strong, beg your guardian angel for protection, and do what you're called to do. Blessings are waiting!

mom2mpr
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 25 2011 at 5:53am | IP Logged Quote mom2mpr

Unscripted_mom wrote:

And the closest catholic group is an hour away- and not very active, it appears. So I am still praying and searching for a solution on that. I know a great group would help in so many ways. 
!

I just want to encourage you not to write off this group due to distance. We also have a Catholic group that's base is 45 minutes to an hour away. We joined, and it has been a blessing. We now know many families out this way--so cool to have "neighbors" we would have never met had we not joined. Oh, and you get used to driving....

mom2mpr
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 25 2011 at 5:57am | IP Logged Quote mom2mpr

And adding, it might take awhile to meet people, especially if it is a quieter group. You might try to set up a playground meeting or something and breathe some life back into it, if it needs it.
I found we met most people in our group at different things as people's families joined for different reasons. So not everyone attends everything and it might be worth a try for a year or two.

Unscripted_mom
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 25 2011 at 6:10am | IP Logged Quote Unscripted_mom

Thanks Anne! We are pretty used to driving - DH does an hour each way to work, and I currently do 45 minutes back and forth to her school... So that doesn't intimidate me really. I do hope that I have made some assumptions that I will be taking back later! I have joined on up, and we will definitely be giving th a chance. Would you suggest to start trying to attend functions over the summer even though our "school year" doesn't begin till September 1st?

mamaslearning
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 25 2011 at 7:33am | IP Logged Quote mamaslearning

I would start now so that you can get some ideas of how the group functions.

Back to Top View mamaslearning's Profile Search for other posts by mamaslearning

mom2mpr
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 25 2011 at 7:35am | IP Logged Quote mom2mpr

For sure, start over the summer!
And don't forget your books on tape!

Unscripted_mom
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 25 2011 at 8:20am | IP Logged Quote Unscripted_mom

Will do! I just didn't want to be the weirdo "poser" at the group that wasn't even a real homeschooler yet! Lol! See- "the new kid in class" trauma from traditional schooling haunts me to this day! Ha!

mamaslearning
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 25 2011 at 8:59am | IP Logged Quote mamaslearning

Unscripted_mom wrote:
From financing to prayers- the catholic identity seemed lost to me. The final straw was another increase in tuition- when I already didn't feel as though we were getting what we paid for to begin with. Our tuition had doubled in the 3 ears we were there.  

Yep, the tuition increase and the odd little things like rewarding the kids everytime they did something to help a cause. If you bring in a canned good, you get a prize - if you help out here, you get a piece of candy - if you turn in your homework, you get a small toy - UGH! What happened to, Jesus us tells us to feed the poor and comfort the sick. Not, Jesus tells us to do these things so we can get a piece of candy.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.

Unscripted_mom
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 25 2011 at 9:39am | IP Logged Quote Unscripted_mom

mamaslearning wrote:
Unscripted_mom wrote:
From financing to prayers- the catholic identity seemed lost to me. The final straw was another increase in tuition- when I already didn't feel as though we were getting what we paid for to begin with. Our tuition had doubled in the 3 ears we were there.  

Yep, the tuition increase and the odd little things like rewarding the kids everytime they did something to help a cause. If you bring in a canned good, you get a prize - if you help out here, you get a piece of candy - if you turn in your homework, you get a small toy - UGH! What happened to, Jesus us tells us to feed the poor and comfort the sick. Not, Jesus tells us to do these things so we can get a piece of candy.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.

Oh let me jump on your bandwagon! I am STILL trying to get the petty rewards for everything out of Audrey's system. She is still asking (but I will say not quite as often) for a piece of candy or whatever for finshing her dinner and putting away her plate! I have no problem with rewarding my children, but if you reward all the little things that I believe should be "expectations", then the rewards for doing something special aren't as sweet. I could go on and on. I think 6 or so teachers lost their jobs last year- but they kept the marketing and fundraising girls (yes they were on payroll!). An incredible amount of focus on scholarships for non-Catholics. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. It wasn't a fit. But again I think it was God making sure that I saw what I did to get me here (homeschooling) eventually anyway. :)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version